Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
That's true
Squirrels know you FS!

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
K1+FA35/2
Maybe I need to clean my reading glasses???

I could shoot these Whitewings all day long...hundreds of them gather here throughout the day. I never seem to get tired of taking a few shots of them...if nothing else, it is good practice for when a handsome squirrel comes along!

"I see him over there.....filthy rodent squirrel!"

Regards!

02-19-2017, 11:41 AM - 3 Likes   #7412
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Having fun with the dog and ducks.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
02-19-2017, 11:53 AM - 6 Likes   #7413
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice gravy dove !

1. FF Mode • 100 ISO • Soligor C/D Wide-Auto 20mm f:2.8 (What Else™)

2. FF Mode • 100 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM

3. FF Mode • 3200 ISO • HD Pentax DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW

4. FF Mode • 100 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM

Last edited by fs999; 02-19-2017 at 03:23 PM.
02-19-2017, 12:24 PM - 2 Likes   #7414
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A less spectacular natural bridge, one that requires at least an hour and a half of hiking out-and-back to get down under. I just posted an alternate version of this feature on another thread.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
02-19-2017, 12:39 PM   #7415
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

1. FF Mode • 100 ISO • Soligor C/D Wide-Auto 20mm f:2.8 (What Else™)
Gorgeous!
3. FF Mode • 3200 ISO • HD Pentax DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW
Nice little birdie...be nice FS!
4. FF Mode • 100 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM
I love a Dark Sister!

See how good you can do when you stop fooling around with those ugly worthless moon shots?

Regards!

---------- Post added 02-19-17 at 01:43 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
one that requires at least an hour and a half of hiking out-and-back to get down under.
Another nice shot of beautiful country......
You can place your bet I'll never be there! My shop is 25 feet out the back door and it is an epic journey when I go out there!
02-19-2017, 03:41 PM - 5 Likes   #7416
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kengoh Quote
Skin Tone #2 test shot taken with FA77 @F1.8

This setting seems to smoothen and soften the skin, like minimize skin pores, guess gals/women will love this setting.
Looks very natural to me Kengoh, nice.

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Overpowered Shoes

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
The lady above looks like someone full of energy and the joy of life.
More and more and more Utah
Nice composition!

QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
A Couple x-posted Pictures

Always a fan of your pictures mate!

I keep coming at this thread because I really like all the pics I see, it gives me idea and some folks here are very good at making me travel without a dime Thanks for that too !

1- Pentax 70-200mm /f2.8
I was walking around the lake when I saw this super fast moving black dot on the horizon, it was a Dji Mavik Pro Drone !
Pilot had skills and is a fan of photography as well. It became a nice training to upgrade my BIF skills ha-ha!

2- Tamron 90mm /f2.8 Macro
Having fun in the studio with some of my friends alto sax, a very nice Selmer model.

3&4 - Pentax 20-35mm /f4
Walking around with my camera and the nice FA 20-35mm, a very light combo for landscapes.

5- Pentax 70-200mm /f2.8 @f/3.5
Another shot from this session with Ingrid. Trying some 1 continuous light instead of the regular 3 lights setting from the studio.
I really like the look, add a lot to the atmosphere of this kinda low key shot.

Have a wonderful week folks, enjoy every minute of it !
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
02-19-2017, 04:07 PM - 2 Likes   #7417
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hiding in the leaves....

02-19-2017, 05:18 PM - 5 Likes   #7418
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hiking with K-1 and FA 43.

02-19-2017, 06:54 PM - 14 Likes   #7419

Photos: Albums
NYC

Looks like NYC in 1932. Just need to superimpose a picture of the Hindenburg.
I love this camera.
This is from the top of the Freedom tower with a $100 70-300mm lens. You can practically make anything that comes out of this camera look good.

---------- Post added 02-19-17 at 07:44 PM ----------

4 shot hand-held panorama with Sigma 24mm f1.8 AF Macro.

https://goo.gl/photos/kEnAcoANupMJFEu39 Full size

Last edited by MarcL; 02-19-2017 at 07:50 PM.
02-19-2017, 10:43 PM - 5 Likes   #7420
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K-1 with TAMRON AF 28-200mm F/3.8-5.6 LD Super II MACRO

These were taken at the biennial Wooden Boat Festival in Hobart, Tasmania.

I must say that I'm impressed with this old film-era Tamron that I bought new, many years ago, to use with my K2DMD. Stopping down, of course, helps it all round.
02-19-2017, 11:02 PM - 2 Likes   #7421

What a fantastic camera!
Attached Images

02-20-2017, 12:31 AM - 5 Likes   #7422
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Baby Green Grasshopper......

02-20-2017, 02:00 AM - 17 Likes   #7423
Forum Member

Hello,
I`m back from Monte Carlo long time ago, but was off sick from the exhaust and wanted to have a rest before coming back with it in Lightroom.

I never thought that would be such a challenge and hard work. All of our team thought it would be similar to a mini golf day out. Oh no - it was not.
The reality hit us hard. We barely slept, most of the times sitting in cars. We traveled miles and miles of twisty mountain roads. Almost had no proper meal, most of the time - shitty sandwiches from local Gas Stations. To be honest, though i have never been to Dakar rally (some of my friends were), it felt like one.
But we were holding up strong as a team - the only other team similar to our were BMW-Mini team representing the legendary Rauno Aaltonen.
The only really sad moment was petrol pump failure at the end of the first stage. Because of it we were late to time control and finish back in Monte Carlo (1.5 hours drive for 50km`s of mountain road) and it officially meant the end of our rally.
But the Monte Carlo Rally judges and committee, seeing the will and how enthusiastic we were (let me remind you that we were the first independent Lithuanian team entering this rally since 1940something ), allowed us to continue without qualifying for a result. And we were happy to continue.

Finally i feel recovered, have a lot of pictures from the event, selected some "for a glimpse" :

Accompanied by a short video -

Sorry for a long post especially if it may be not interesting to you.
If you liked it though - you can find more at Monte Carlo Historique - preview | Flickr .
I will create couple more albums in the future, as this is only a preview.

Despite having and using mostly of my old school lenses (Samyang 14mm 2.8f, FA35 f2, FA77 f1.8 LTD, F 70-210mm f4-5.6 , D FA 100mm f/2.8 WR Macro) K1 was ant exceptional tool in this journey - reliable, durable and with great quality for photojournalism (I had to deliver a small gallery each evening to our local web newspaper).
I really dream on for 24-70 WR and 70-200 combo.. But what is more affordable to me is 28-105 (just - I am not really sure if this suit my style, as I love shallow depth of field and wide appertures..)

Last edited by sunCrm; 02-20-2017 at 02:08 AM.
02-20-2017, 03:08 AM   #7424
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sunCrm Quote
Hello,
I`m back from Monte Carlo long time ago, but was off sick from the exhaust and wanted to have a rest before coming back with it in Lightroom.

I never thought that would be such a challenge and hard work. All of our team thought it would be similar to a mini golf day out. Oh no - it was not.
The reality hit us hard. We barely slept, most of the times sitting in cars. We traveled miles and miles of twisty mountain roads. Almost had no proper meal, most of the time - shitty sandwiches from local Gas Stations. To be honest, though i have never been to Dakar rally (some of my friends were), it felt like one.
But we were holding up strong as a team - the only other team similar to our were BMW-Mini team representing the legendary Rauno Aaltonen.
The only really sad moment was petrol pump failure at the end of the first stage. Because of it we were late to time control and finish back in Monte Carlo (1.5 hours drive for 50km`s of mountain road) and it officially meant the end of our rally.
But the Monte Carlo Rally judges and committee, seeing the will and how enthusiastic we were (let me remind you that we were the first independent Lithuanian team entering this rally since 1940something ), allowed us to continue without qualifying for a result. And we were happy to continue.

Finally i feel recovered, have a lot of pictures from the event, selected some "for a glimpse" :

Accompanied by a short video -

Tikslas pasiektas - ?Flameris Racing? komanda fini?avo Monte Karle - YouTube

Sorry for a long post especially if it may be not interesting to you.
If you liked it though - you can find more at Monte Carlo Historique - preview | Flickr .
I will create couple more albums in the future, as this is only a preview.

Despite having and using mostly of my old school lenses (Samyang 14mm 2.8f, FA35 f2, FA77 f1.8 LTD, F 70-210mm f4-5.6 , D FA 100mm f/2.8 WR Macro) K1 was ant exceptional tool in this journey - reliable, durable and with great quality for photojournalism (I had to deliver a small gallery each evening to our local web newspaper).
I really dream on for 24-70 WR and 70-200 combo.. But what is more affordable to me is 28-105 (just - I am not really sure if this suit my style, as I love shallow depth of field and wide appertures..)
Wonderful set of images here, and congrats on your race, I heard it's a tough one !
02-20-2017, 05:50 AM   #7425
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

sunCrm Thanks for the great post. And the music fit the video too! In my younger days that would have been a fun experience. And the "food" is all part of the experience.