Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by charchri4 Quote
Blessed GOoD Friday everyone!
I prefer LaRolls' patriotic shot!
04-15-2017, 05:56 AM - 13 Likes   #8673
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Tree Before Dawn (FA 31 limited with pixel shift)

Sunburst (DFA 15-30)

04-15-2017, 08:18 AM - 9 Likes   #8674
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Samyang 24mm

04-15-2017, 10:57 AM - 6 Likes   #8675
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Superb shots Rondec and zzeitg !

1. FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM

2. FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 ED SDM

3. Crop Mode • 200 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM

4. Crop Mode • 800 ISO • HD Pentax DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW
04-15-2017, 12:50 PM - 5 Likes   #8676
Veteran Member

Back to Alicante..

Semana Santa de Alicante, Leica Elmarit-R 28/2.8 (II).
04-15-2017, 01:05 PM   #8677
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I really enjoy the subtle, almost subdued use of color in both hafinatt's and Rondec's landscapes, which bring out a wonderful range of tones and texture, such as the above
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Tree Before Dawn (FA 31 limited with pixel shift)
ot the small sesires taken with
QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
FA 77 (first one) and FA 43 (the rest).
This is where the K-1 really shines for me, capturing all the fine structure, looking so seemingly effortless. Back on film, it was a long jouney before I arrived at and appreciated a similar look - e.g. using Kodachrome 64 in less than full sun. Not that it would require the FA limiteds, but I just noticed they seem to fit particularly well - whereas I messed up last night not recognizing that I posted a series of underexposed shots. I''ll need to edit those.

And @teiki arii: Your architecture shots, taking out the color all the way, really make me want to visit. Your b&w shots from the Semana Sante de Alicante are equally engaging. One interesting observation for me was that while I found the out of focus person dominating the foreground in the first picture of your earlier pair of pictures very disturbing, that wasn't the case at all the way you presented same same pictures in the German forum.

04-15-2017, 02:12 PM   #8678
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
And @teiki arii: Your architecture shots, taking out the color all the way, really make me want to visit. Your b&w shots from the Semana Sante de Alicante are equally engaging. One interesting observation for me was that while I found the out of focus person dominating the foreground in the first picture of your earlier pair of pictures very disturbing, that wasn't the case at all the way you presented same same pictures in the German forum.
Hi JensE,
what disturbed you about the way I presented the pictures? The character out of focus at foreground? If so, why?
The way I shoot photo is actually very simple: I frame before manual focusing. It means once I have framed I can choose wherever I wish the point of focus and sometimes different points of focus nearly without changing the frame... Besides when I can, I choose aperture, shutter speed manually and don't touch anything for me to concentrate on the subject.. For this serie I shot at 1/400s. For the Semana santa de Cartagena at night, I shot at 1/50s at Iso1600 and f:2.8..
04-15-2017, 03:52 PM   #8679
Pentaxian

Female Red-backed Fairy-wren. Ipswich, Queensland, Australia. K-1 with Sigma 500 f4.5 APO DG EX and Sigma 1.4x TC.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
04-15-2017, 04:06 PM - 1 Like   #8680
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by teiki arii Quote
what disturbed you about the way I presented the pictures
Comparing the two forums, here the first and second post are a day and some colorful pictures apart, i.e. each has to stand on its own, whereas on the other, it's one post. As a first picture, presenting a majority of the picture bright, in foreground, but blurred, makes it hard to anchor on something else, i.e. the in-focus women or appreciate the man's face. As part of the 5 picture series however, you just had the viewer explore the crisp and strong if-focus features of a (the?) man's face, then move on and naturally progress to the nicely lit women in the middle - the man in the very same setting on the right already 'covered', the mind moves on instinctively and easily. Coming back to the foreground in the final one is OK, as light, posture and expression are more intense than 2 pictures up, making it interesting again.
04-15-2017, 06:36 PM - 2 Likes   #8681
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

... whereas I messed up last night not recognizing that I posted a series of underexposed shots. I''ll need to edit those.
Here's the final one, edited:

I used RawTherapee and, as usual, touched way too many sliders just to realize how pointless it is, when exporting to sRGB, to fine-tune red/orange.
04-15-2017, 11:22 PM - 1 Like   #8682
Veteran Member

../.. As part of the 5 picture series however, you just had the viewer explore the crisp and strong if-focus features of a (the?) man's face, then move on and naturally progress to the nicely lit women in the middle - the man in the very same setting on the right already 'covered', the mind moves on instinctively and easily. Coming back to the foreground in the final one is OK, as light, posture and expression are more intense than 2 pictures up, making it interesting again.
Undestood.
Nevertheless, at the same time, if you examine the chronological photos' sequence, my first intention was to bring the objective lens in focus on the girl's face including the blurred man in foreground. And then I shot the face of the man...
As for the following exposure, the face of the man with bald skull in the background was very interesting to my eyes. So I focused on him after framing to include the blurred scene of procession at foreground. Actually, I couldn't have done it with an autofocus lens. The real challenge was exact focusing on that man with OVF... Moreover, when back home, I reworked on that picture to finetune the details to get its right... I hope my answer is helpful...

Semana santa de Cartagena, Leica Summicron-R 50/2.

Here's the final one, edited:
I used RawTherapee and, as usual, touched way too many sliders just to realize how pointless it is, when exporting to sRGB, to fine-tune red/orange.
Much better indeed, simple but efficient..
04-15-2017, 11:39 PM - 5 Likes   #8683

Latest rendition of the Lily Valley

04-16-2017, 12:07 AM - 4 Likes   #8684

Photos: Albums
beautiful shot IggzDaLoc, very nice landscape shot Rondec
k-1&DFA100wr

k-1&DA*300&tc1,4
04-16-2017, 01:51 AM - 4 Likes   #8685
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Early morning bloom