Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2017, 03:30 AM   #10306
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
I like both of those images, but especially the second. Communicates the mood of a late afternoon-early evening stroll through pleasant countryside.

07-04-2017, 03:42 AM - 2 Likes   #10307
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Different shade of pink from Winter Magic Festival 2017 DFA* 70-200

07-04-2017, 05:07 AM - 5 Likes   #10308
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Clean & Simple

"Femme Fatale" looking up to a Scottish sky today, cross posted.

07-04-2017, 05:38 AM - 3 Likes   #10309
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Ex Flower

Beauty after death, cross posted.

07-04-2017, 05:39 AM - 5 Likes   #10310
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Shower Time

For whatever is within, cross posted.

07-04-2017, 07:46 AM - 7 Likes   #10311
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by elpolodiablo Quote
Different shade of pink from Winter Magic Festival 2017 DFA* 70-200
That is some wild stuff! Very colorful!

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Shower Time
For whatever is within,
I loved all three of those, in particular the last one!

This little guy/girl? and his/her? mate have nested under our carport. Since March they have had three sets of babies (4 each set) and all survived and were healthy. I have no idea what kind of birdie this is...anyone have a clue?

I'd ask FS, a bird expert, but the last time I sent him a request for ID he wrote back..."The kind you cook on low heat."

Regards!
07-04-2017, 07:47 AM   #10312
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I loved all three of those, in particular the last one!
Thank you.

07-04-2017, 11:10 AM - 4 Likes   #10313
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Evening Stroll

"Lady Luck" @ F/1.7, cross posted.

07-04-2017, 11:20 AM - 2 Likes   #10314
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I'd ask FS, a bird expert, but the last time I sent him a request for ID he wrote back..."The kind you cook on low heat."
No no no ! I said this one must be grilled on open fire !!!

1. FF Mode • 200 ISO • Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 ED SDM

2. FF Mode • 400 ISO • Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 ED SDM

3. Crop Mode • 800 ISO • HD Pentax DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW
Wet chaffinch

4. FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 ED SDM
07-04-2017, 12:05 PM - 15 Likes   #10315
Site Supporter

Finally got this baby, and more than happy to have made the decision of investing a big chunck of € for it =)
Greets from Berlin
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
07-04-2017, 12:09 PM   #10316
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by versatile Quote
Finally got this baby, and more than happy to have made the decision of investing a big chunck of € for it =)
Greets from Berlin
Welcome to the forums! Those are *fantastic* shots... very nice indeed. The camera helps, of course, but in this case the photographer deserves the real admiration

Did you use a flash for shot #4? I don't see it in the EXIF, but it looks like you might have used one? I really like the subtle lighting on the grass and trees...
07-04-2017, 12:18 PM   #10317
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Welcome to the forums! Those are *fantastic* shots... very nice indeed. The camera helps, of course, but in this case the photographer deserves the real admiration

Did you use a flash for shot #4? I don't see it in the EXIF, but it looks like you might have used one? I really like the subtle lighting on the grass and trees...
Thanks mate! =)
Number 4 is actually a HDR, i wanted to combine the light green tones with the sunset colors, so there was no other way as i didnt have a flash or any other lightsource in may pack.
07-04-2017, 12:37 PM   #10318
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Number 4 is actually a HDR, i wanted to combine the light green tones with the sunset colors, so there was no other way as i didnt have a flash or any other lightsource in may pack.
Ah, I see. Very nicely done... you nailed it, for sure.

I think I assumed flash was used due to that central "glow", but now that I've looked again, I see that there's vignetting - either from the lens, or (more likely) added in post-processing. It works well

I've only learned to combine multiple exposures for HDR (using Lightroom) in the last year or two, thanks to some members here on the forums. It has helped me immensely in situations very much like your shot - with the subject back-lit by the sun.

Was this in-camera HDR, or did you use Lightroom or another tool to combine your exposures? The shot has a very natural look, which I like. I'm not keen on obvious HDR images, though it depends very much on the subject of course.

By the way, the other photos in your post are equally excellent - I was just intrigued as to the lighting in #4

Last edited by BigMackCam; 07-04-2017 at 12:42 PM.
07-04-2017, 01:35 PM - 1 Like   #10319
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Ah, I see. Very nicely done... you nailed it, for sure.

I think I assumed flash was used due to that central "glow", but now that I've looked again, I see that there's vignetting - either from the lens, or (more likely) added in post-processing. It works well

I've only learned to combine multiple exposures for HDR (using Lightroom) in the last year or two, thanks to some members here on the forums. It has helped me immensely in situations very much like your shot - with the subject back-lit by the sun.

Was this in-camera HDR, or did you use Lightroom or another tool to combine your exposures? The shot has a very natural look, which I like. I'm not keen on obvious HDR images, though it depends very much on the subject of course.

By the way, the other photos in your post are equally excellent - I was just intrigued as to the lighting in #4
Thanks you yet again, I'm flattererd to hear you like the shots. So everything worked out as I had planned it =) I do prefer natural looking images, too, so my HDR's will not look too obvious. This doesnt work every time, but in this case apparently did. The central glow and the vignetting were added in post with LR using and combining many many dodge and burn layers.
07-04-2017, 01:44 PM   #10320
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks you yet again, I'm flattererd to hear you like the shots. So everything worked out as I had planned it =) I do prefer natural looking images, too, so my HDR's will not look too obvious. This doesnt work every time, but in this case apparently did. The central glow and the vignetting were added in post with LR using and combining many many dodge and burn layers.
You're very welcome, and thanks for the info
« k1 vs k1ii | - »