Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 150749 Likes Search this Thread
08-09-2017, 01:15 PM - 1 Like   #10966
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
I instantly remembered this very nice looking country in France and immediately had to look into my image archive - same ancient location eight years ago. Thank you for the remembrance! Here's my version. I beg your pardon - not taken with a Pentax but a Canon Powershot G10, just have to show it :
Wow, this remote place almost looks the same in 2017!
Nice B&W by the way, I like it.

08-09-2017, 03:26 PM - 5 Likes   #10967
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sparkling clean.......

08-09-2017, 04:48 PM - 8 Likes   #10968
Pentaxian

K1 + Sigma 10-20

08-09-2017, 05:59 PM - 3 Likes   #10969
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My first post in months and it has to be right after Kengoh, great. This my 60-250 on my K-1 with a new baffle insert I 3D printed to replace the original one that vignettes in FF mode.

250mm f5.6, Lake Michigan sunset.

08-09-2017, 07:17 PM - 9 Likes   #10970
Pentaxian

08-09-2017, 07:20 PM - 1 Like   #10971
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The big guy at the local zoo was just trying to find some shade. The lioness was nowhere to nearby. Quite a heavy crop with the DA*60-250 on the K-1 in FF mode.

08-09-2017, 07:55 PM - 1 Like   #10972
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
comments

DimC, that color version is stunning.
Kerrowdown, superb Backlit Beauty; and I have to tell you that Dead Still Life shot gave me quite a good laugh. My dog wondered what was wrong with me for laughing so hard.
mattb123, thank you very much for that advice. For many of years I have been intrigued with the moon, keeping track of the rise & set and the apogee & perigee as well. Now that I have the great optics the planning will be there, and I will have fun attempting to capture the image which hides in the back caves of my mind.
Frederic, those are some really strange clouds in that last shot, I really like the shot before that of the thistle type plant. I am different for liking it but then you are different for taking the shot.
LeRolls, you did it again, I will have sweet dreams.
Scorpio, very fine shots of the big cat.
Eric, I always look forward to read your responses. The 3rd shot of the moth is also my winner. As far as I can see right now the only other lens that I will want in the future is that 100 macro. Although I might only use my old glass on certain occasions I will not get rid of them simply cause I like them & they are worth just about nothing on the market these days. In the past year, mostly in the winter months I viewed all the posts on the following threads: lens club 24-70; 70-200: 150-450; macro; K-1 post your photos. Viewed most of the 300+; K-3 and several others like the pixel shift and various topics like Normheads tracking thread. It has been said many times over by many members, this forum is totally fantastic. My nephew used to shoot mostly migrating birds & macro, I sure hope he joins for he certainly has much in common with other members and he is one who enjoys learning as well as contributing. BTW, I am a medium size man in rather good condition and have done a good bit of backpacking in the past, and I mean to tell you that 70 ounce 150-450 is absolutely not a walk about lens. Also, that is a supreme shot you took of the Supreme Confidence. Best Regards, Bob

08-09-2017, 09:07 PM - 1 Like   #10973
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey Otis............I'm ready to play!

08-09-2017, 10:59 PM - 2 Likes   #10974
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
DimC, that color version is stunning.
Kerrowdown, superb Backlit Beauty; and I have to tell you that Dead Still Life shot gave me quite a good laugh. My dog wondered what was wrong with me for laughing so hard.
mattb123, thank you very much for that advice. For many of years I have been intrigued with the moon, keeping track of the rise & set and the apogee & perigee as well. Now that I have the great optics the planning will be there, and I will have fun attempting to capture the image which hides in the back caves of my mind.
Frederic, those are some really strange clouds in that last shot, I really like the shot before that of the thistle type plant. I am different for liking it but then you are different for taking the shot.
LeRolls, you did it again, I will have sweet dreams.
Scorpio, very fine shots of the big cat.
Eric, I always look forward to read your responses. The 3rd shot of the moth is also my winner. As far as I can see right now the only other lens that I will want in the future is that 100 macro. Although I might only use my old glass on certain occasions I will not get rid of them simply cause I like them & they are worth just about nothing on the market these days. In the past year, mostly in the winter months I viewed all the posts on the following threads: lens club 24-70; 70-200: 150-450; macro; K-1 post your photos. Viewed most of the 300+; K-3 and several others like the pixel shift and various topics like Normheads tracking thread. It has been said many times over by many members, this forum is totally fantastic. My nephew used to shoot mostly migrating birds & macro, I sure hope he joins for he certainly has much in common with other members and he is one who enjoys learning as well as contributing. BTW, I am a medium size man in rather good condition and have done a good bit of backpacking in the past, and I mean to tell you that 70 ounce 150-450 is absolutely not a walk about lens. Also, that is a supreme shot you took of the Supreme Confidence. Best Regards, Bob
Hi, If you don't mind I'll throw in couple things too. First of all congrats of filling up your dream and with great shots too!

I have been eyeing same threads as you and dreaming about those lovely lenses, I have been shooting with my A400 mostly, and tried to compensate long zoom with 55-300 WR. It is okay, but not really in same leaque with proper lenses...but I have been pondering about 70-200 and DA 300 option instead..because I really like my M75-150 but I'd like it to be with AF. No other light AF really available..or then I'll get tammy 70-200 and save up for 150-450.....but this forum really is good source for thinking over different good options
08-09-2017, 11:30 PM - 12 Likes   #10975
Pentaxian

08-10-2017, 12:00 AM - 8 Likes   #10976
Pentaxian

Lovely ladys Lerolls, and well shot too

Here is couple shots from me instead of just chatting...

XS 40/2.8

F 28/2.8

FA 77

(stitch)

btw, having this FF now, it has quite a bit changed the way that I have been shooting...and also made me thing twice on my lens choise, and what to have more just because of how I would like to have it captured. Especially I like the amount of detail what I can see in my pictures, comared, let's say K-3. It is fine camera, but landscapes and details in them now is completelly different, so you really would like to have best quality form the lenses too...at least I do. And I have been spoiled wth my limiteds and DA* 55...anyway have fun shooting all of you
08-10-2017, 04:07 AM - 9 Likes   #10977
Pentaxian

Back from a bit of vacation at Saint Omer and using the smc DA 18-55 WR kit lens in full frame mode on the K-1 ... my Single Challenges lens for the month ... here are a few first efforts ... the kit lens works fine from about 24mm to 55mm. There's one image @ 18mm and I bet that you cannot find it !

08-10-2017, 04:48 AM   #10978
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
There's one image @ 18mm and I bet that you cannot find it !
That is a fine set Jean. Any one would be welcome, but the the set is special. I would guess the last image, the suspended car, was taken @ 18mm as I can detect more vignetting than in the preceding images. I am always amused by concern in lens reviews over vignetting because: 1) it can generally be removed easily in PP; 2) ADDING vignetting was a standard darkroom technique for how long? over a century at least. Slightly darkened corners were always thought to enhance a picture by enhancing or emphasizing to the primary subject.
08-10-2017, 08:39 AM - 1 Like   #10979

Tested out my new K1 with the 85mm Rokinon. It seems to be a hit or miss with this lens but I guess I cant complain for the price tag. Its a bummer too how I can't change the focus points using a manual lens ): @ 1.4 1/50th
Attached Images

Last edited by nickc84; 08-10-2017 at 08:47 AM.
08-10-2017, 08:49 AM   #10980
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by nickc84 Quote
Tested out my new K1 with the 85mm Rokinon. It seems to be a hit or miss with this lens but I guess I cant complain for the price tag. Its a bummer too how I can't change the focus points using a manual lens ): @ 1.4 1/50th
Yeah, it's a shame the center-most one is the only one that works with manual-focus. It does seem to carry from the film era.