Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 150647 Likes Search this Thread
11-01-2017, 08:48 AM - 4 Likes   #12721
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Some fall shots with -1 and Pentax 67 75mm f 4.5

A few foliage shots before wind blasts the leaves into winter . . . plus a pond shot.

KIT: K-1 with adapted Pentax 67 75mm f 4.5.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
11-01-2017, 08:52 AM - 1 Like   #12722
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Hah! Beware the selfie stick that can hold a K-1, you might need a license to carry one of those.

Those Highlanders look like something Jim Henson dreamed up. Very cool shots of some out of the ordinary beasties.

As someone who not only enjoyed in my youth the vet adventure books of James Herriot (James Write), but the Brit TV series All Creatures Great & Small as well, I find your latest series of farm country images very pleasing indeed. One got the feeling we lost something with the advent of modern methods & machinery very keenly in Herriot's books. It was only loosely based on actual events, but I thought it was very spot on in capturing the issues of the day in our transition to modern farming.
Eric
M and I really loved those books. He was a gifted story teller. Some of the tales have been extracted as stand-alone lightly-illustrated short stories - "The Christmas Cat' and "Only One Woof" come to mind. No animal-lover can read the former without getting choked-up. I still do, just thinking about it.
11-01-2017, 08:54 AM - 2 Likes   #12723
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax K-1 smc PENTAX-D FA MACRO 100mm F2.8 WR ƒ/8.0 100.0 mm 1/160 ISO100 Flash (on, fired) Soft Bonnet
11-01-2017, 09:05 AM - 1 Like   #12724
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The Concorde. proof that bigger , better, faster isn't always cost effective, or sustainable.
An experiment that had to be done, like the "spruce goose" and perhaps the Stanley Steamer. There is a one-of steam locomotive on display at the Franklin Institute (Philadelphia). An experimental prototype which, if I perceived the design correctly, had three pistons driving at the front, the third located in the center under the boiler. It was one of the largest steam locomotives*, with of course one of the highest traction forces ever built, but it was too late, so only the one copy was made.

*The biggest steam locomotive ever, I believe, was the Union Pacific "Big Boy" which I think is now on display somewhere in Pennsylvania (it was displayed at "Steam Town" in Vermont where I saw it many years back, but that museum went bankrupt). However, the Big Boy was an articulated, very long with four pistons powering two sets of drivers, one behind the other. The length of the locomotive, even with articulation, limited it to systems with large-radius curves, suited to the track layouts in the southwest. I think the one in Phili was intended for freight hauling on the east coast where there were too many small-radius curves for the Big Boy. The Big Boy operated successfully for some time, but all steam was doomed by maintenance costs & time.

11-01-2017, 09:14 AM - 1 Like   #12725
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
M and I really loved those books. He was a gifted story teller. Some of the tales have been extracted as stand-alone lightly-illustrated short stories - "The Christmas Cat' and "Only One Woof" come to mind. No animal-lover can read the former without getting choked-up. I still do, just thinking about it.
Love Herriot's stories too. I just finished his "James Herriot's Dog Stories" (St. Martin's Press, 1986), read it as bedtime reading over three evenints, could hardly put it down. The book contains 50 individual stories all of which I believe have been extracted from the author's other works. I will send it to you if interested. There is also a wonderful TV series of all the Herriot stories that I watched via Netflix. The acting very natural and understated in the British manner, and the roles so perfectly cast, that it seems that the stories are literally coming to life before your eyes. Send private message with mailing address if you want the book.
11-01-2017, 10:28 AM - 7 Likes   #12726
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What are we doing if we'd like to make a picture using K-1, an M Lens and a very compact flash with very limited manual capabilities like the Pentax AF201FG?

We can use a Cactus V6 transceiver sandwiched between camera and flash to get the job done. We "only" need a flash camera profile learned by the V6 device so that the V6 device can control a lot more intensity steps than the flash device offers by itself in manual mode (AF201FG only 2 and thus not sufficient).

Over The Rainbow

K-1 • M1.7/50 • on camera Cactus V6 (tx mode, 1/32) • AF201FG PTTL mode • small octagon softbox
ISO100 • f/1.7 • 0.2s • dng developed in C1Pro

... and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.
11-01-2017, 10:52 AM - 6 Likes   #12727
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Doing a little table-top on a chilly-damp day. The snail is about an inch long.

Attached Images

11-01-2017, 11:28 AM - 6 Likes   #12728
Veteran Member

11-01-2017, 11:38 AM   #12729
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Doing a little table-top on a chilly-damp day. The snail is about an inch long.
Nice, but OK, we know when winter is approaching because that is when photographers start taking photos of things inside their own house!

---------- Post added 11-01-17 at 02:39 PM ----------

Are these the ones they call counsel houses?
11-01-2017, 11:43 AM - 13 Likes   #12730
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

The month is MoNovember, so...

A20/2.8
11-01-2017, 11:50 AM - 6 Likes   #12731
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
Frederic, my selfies are sorta like your moon shots or Ruperts squirrel shots. Also Eric's bee was in flight, yours was not...

Wonderful shot savoche !

1. FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 ED SDM

2. FF Mode • 100 ISO • Irix Blackstone 15mm F2.4

3. FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 ED SDM

4. FF Mode • 100 ISO • Irix Blackstone 15mm F2.4 • Topaz Labs Texture Effects 2
11-01-2017, 02:28 PM - 1 Like   #12732
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The Concorde. proof that bigger , better, faster isn't always cost effective, or sustainable.
If it hadn't been for some debris on the runway at Frankfurt, it'd possibily still be flying. You could also add "beautiful" to that list, though you probably need to have seen one in reality to fully appreciate that.
11-01-2017, 02:58 PM   #12733
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Nice, but OK, we know when winter is approaching because that is when photographers start taking photos of things inside their own house!

---------- Post added 11-01-17 at 02:39 PM ----------

Are these the ones they call counsel houses?

The older I get, the more appealing it becomes to "hunker down" during the winter. But still we walk the dog for 75~90 minutes except when the weather is really bad.
11-01-2017, 03:11 PM   #12734
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
These photos are posted mainly for Kerrowdown. Some local Highland cattle & a shot of their house.
Thanks for that.

Did you know that they were nearly all traditionally Black in colour? These were the Kyloes from the West Highlands and Islands.
11-01-2017, 03:29 PM - 2 Likes   #12735
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Buttercup Yellow............

« k1 vs k1ii | - »