Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2018, 02:29 PM - 3 Likes   #14596
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kjphilippona Quote
I do appreciate the kind words of encouragement. I also purchased my camera gear not to impress anyone but myself but have found it very hard to ask for assistance in improving my techniques and photo taking abilities! This is what i thought this forum was designed for, not critique others and treat them like dummies just because they were not born with all the knowledge!

---------- Post added 02-11-18 at 09:38 AM ----------

Very nice! how do you like ON1, its ease to navigate? compared to Lightroom? I recently got an email sale from ON1 and purchased ON1 2018 and a ton of tutorials and plugins for $80, i have been so busy at work , no time to take pictures and play with it
I bought ON1 Raw 2017 early on when it was in beta stage, and I didnt like it at all really. It was in Sept 2016 (or 2016??) if I remember correctly.
Since then I'v seen the Team at ON1 being hard at work and in about a year or so they did improve their software tremendously to a point ON1 Photo RAW 2018 is getting close to Lr as a complete RAW editor / Catalog program.
I think in a year from now they will be on par with Lr if progress continues.

As of now Im still using Lr as my main Photo program, mainly because I've been building presets that I use everyday and they save me a lot of time. So far its impossible to export them and import in ON1.

But from time to time I use On1 2018 exclusively to see where I can go and how fast I can develop my pics, and I am getting used to the interface and overall I think it's faster than Lr, and also has some killing masking option and tools (Focus Stacking is really easy with ON1 for example).
About the myth of Adobe Lr + Photoshop being expensive because of their subscription model, I dont buy it. ON1 has a major upgrade every year and it's about 100€ each time, Lr is about 130€ / year so it's not that much more expensive and so far has the edge.
What I dont like in Lr is the sluggyness and overall lack of new features though.

QuoteOriginally posted by teiki arii Quote
The process is realy nice, bravo!

I live near Perpignan...

@acoufap and @DimC, you seem to be very inspired by what you show us. Thank you for sharing...

Cambodia, Leica Macro-Elmarit-R 60/2.8 of 1976 with Leica R6/R8, Tri-X @ ISO400, 2008. dK-1
Wonderful city, I was there 2 weeks ago but only stayed for a meeting then had to go back to Paris.
I've visited Perpignan a couple times back in the 90's, and I've got great souvenirs from the night life

Thanks for your comments Teiki, I am a big fan of your photos as well, very inspiring B&W and more than this your pics tell a story everytime.
Watching your work in the film days is even a greater glimpse into your world, I like that.

02-11-2018, 03:24 PM - 8 Likes   #14597
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Centre of attention

02-11-2018, 04:05 PM - 3 Likes   #14598
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Abandoned farm house in Ohio.
Attached Images

02-11-2018, 04:34 PM - 12 Likes   #14599
Pentaxian

K1+Samyang 14/2.8

02-11-2018, 07:30 PM - 5 Likes   #14600
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cutleaf Toothwort and Southern Wood Violet

Natural light with 35mm macro limited.
Attached Images

02-11-2018, 10:12 PM - 6 Likes   #14601
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
snow & ice

teiki arii, thank you ever so much for that link to Jean Michel Berts. Those are incredible photos and I will be visiting that sight again. A long time ago I attempted taking B&W photos with hopes of getting at least one image good. I never came any where close to what Jean Michel does, but I will keep trying for that is the pure enjoyment of it. Your B&W photos are exceptional and I am having great pleasure viewing them.
acoufap, excellent work and superb results; love the Sticking with Tulips, amazing detail.
Hattifnatt, Very commendable of you to respond with those words of encouragement to Kim. His original remark saddened me but I did not feel worthy to make a comment nor could I word it as well as you did.
DimC, your having fun shots look good to me, & love the snow shots.
kjphilippona, I am happy to see a new location for you.... Certainly you can see that though I have been a Pentaxian for 50 years I am but a novice. Most of my photos that are fair are mainly the result of luck. I really do enjoy taking photos and viewing them. And I sure agree with you that many of the pictures that folks post on this forum are so fantastic, great quality from such a varied collection of people.
Clear your head of normal daily thoughts; look around as though it is the first time you looked; and start capturing some images in your mind & the camera. In my humble opinion technique is no where near as important as the eye, and your eye is most likely better than you think. Start looking...stop thinking...
Frederic, Your Orange Light photo is a really complex composition, the contrasting clouds, all the different light & the trees. Wish I had taken it.
A warm front moved in, produced lots of fog; melted some snow & exposed a whole bunch of ice. My circle driveway & road are covered with a nice solid think coat of ice. Dogs amaze me with their smarts, Natchez knows to walk on the edge where there is snow & less ice. In the morning I shall get a load of anti-skid and spread about.
Best Regards, Bob
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
02-11-2018, 10:20 PM - 1 Like   #14602
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Wouldn't physically moving a camera closer to the subject make the objects size differ? Therefore come stacking time it makes it hard/impossible?
Hi Bruce, that‘s why you need a special Stacking Software like HeliconFocus. From every image the sharp areas are used to create a maximum depth of field that‘s possible with the provided images. To get it a special mask is created image by image. Often the result is not perfect. So some retouching work to do. Or just reduce the images used. I‘m sure there are videos about the topic in YouTube or another video provider.

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote

Here's the link; Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

It is a PS image as well. My steps were RT first, PS Correction and Lens Correction>16 bit Tiff>LR for exposure playing, spot removal etc>Topaz Plugins (Clarity, Adaptive Exposure)>LR last minute adjustments, slight increase in sharpness etc.

Ima check that thread out at luminous landscape, cheers
Thanks, weekend is now over so I think I‘ll have a look at it in the next three days. Really curious about it.

02-11-2018, 11:14 PM - 1 Like   #14603
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
teiki arii, thank you ever so much for that link to Jean Michel Berts. Those are incredible photos and I will be visiting that sight again. A long time ago I attempted taking B&W photos with hopes of getting at least one image good. I never came any where close to what Jean Michel does, but I will keep trying for that is the pure enjoyment of it. Your B&W photos are exceptional and I am having great pleasure viewing them.
acoufap, excellent work and superb results; love the Sticking with Tulips, amazing detail.
Hattifnatt, Very commendable of you to respond with those words of encouragement to Kim. His original remark saddened me but I did not feel worthy to make a comment nor could I word it as well as you did.
DimC, your having fun shots look good to me, & love the snow shots.
kjphilippona, I am happy to see a new location for you.... Certainly you can see that though I have been a Pentaxian for 50 years I am but a novice. Most of my photos that are fair are mainly the result of luck. I really do enjoy taking photos and viewing them. And I sure agree with you that many of the pictures that folks post on this forum are so fantastic, great quality from such a varied collection of people.
Clear your head of normal daily thoughts; look around as though it is the first time you looked; and start capturing some images in your mind & the camera. In my humble opinion technique is no where near as important as the eye, and your eye is most likely better than you think. Start looking...stop thinking...
Frederic, Your Orange Light photo is a really complex composition, the contrasting clouds, all the different light & the trees. Wish I had taken it.
A warm front moved in, produced lots of fog; melted some snow & exposed a whole bunch of ice. My circle driveway & road are covered with a nice solid think coat of ice. Dogs amaze me with their smarts, Natchez knows to walk on the edge where there is snow & less ice. In the morning I shall get a load of anti-skid and spread about.
Best Regards, Bob
I am freezin by looking at your pics Bob !
Why do you do this to me
02-12-2018, 02:19 AM - 5 Likes   #14604
Veteran Member

02-12-2018, 05:50 AM - 8 Likes   #14605
Veteran Member

---------- Post added 02-12-18 at 06:06 AM ----------

02-12-2018, 06:21 AM - 6 Likes   #14606
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BorisKolo Quote

---------- Post added 02-12-18 at 06:06 AM ----------

Really like the lonely boat photo. Such gentle colors and peaceful mood.

Flowers in a Window (DFA 100 macro)

02-12-2018, 06:25 AM - 2 Likes   #14607
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BorisKolo Quote

Nice pics, is it in U.S.A.? I can see McD. everywhere...

Thank you very much everybody for your kind words...

Cambodia, Leica Macro-Elmarit-R 60/2.8 of 1976 with Leica R6/R8, Tri-X @ ISO400, 2008. dK-1
02-12-2018, 07:51 AM   #14608

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote

K1+Samyang 14/2.8
Great photo
02-12-2018, 08:46 AM - 6 Likes   #14609
Pentaxian

FE Takumar 17/4

Kustom Kulture Show @ Helsinki last Saturday:

(Weird shot.. but I kinda like it.. )

All @ f/5.6 (I think.. beer was good, that I do remember )
02-12-2018, 09:28 AM - 8 Likes   #14610
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As the gang over at the flying circus used to say, "And now for something completely different"...

Enjoyed a little sunshine this weekend, got a chance to go out and enjoy 2 hobbies at once, with a friend visiting from the Great White North. It was windy, but a decent enough day at the flying field.

First couple of shots with the Irix... I can see there will be a learning curve with this beastie, but I like it so far, I think it has potential.
Pentax K-1 ƒ/7.1 Irix 15.0 mm 1/320 ISO100

Pentax K-1 ƒ/7.1 Irix 15.0 mm 1/320 ISO100

JaBobby Just looking at your pic's sends a chill of remembrance up my spine. I like the composition on your first shot, but don't like the temp on any of them, and I don't mean color temp.
As you can see by my above shot, I lean towards warmer clients since I left the MA/NH border.

Last edited by Erictator; 02-12-2018 at 11:38 AM.
« k1 vs k1ii | - »