Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2018, 03:16 AM - 11 Likes   #15406

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Absolutely cracker of a shot, I love this so much. The stairs even look wonky, like the whole image is distorted, but it isn't right? Where was this shot taken may I ask?
It is actually my workplace. Definitely not distorted, its only a 35mm lens anyway, and this is exactly what it looks like.
The building is from the 1956, it is in West-Berlin and one of many very stylish distinctive post-war buildings.

Here is another one from the top of the stairs:

04-02-2018, 03:27 AM - 1 Like   #15407
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pweindich Quote
It is actually my workplace. Definitely not distorted, its only a 35mm lens anyway, and this is exactly what it looks like.
The building is from the 1956, it is in West-Berlin and one of many very stylish distinctive post-war buildings.

Here is another one from the top of the stairs:
Excellent, nice to see a different view and aperture of the stairs.

-------------

Downed Power Line.

A large gum tree let go of a sizeable branch yesterday on our neighbours property, thankfully no one was hurt. Being Easter Sunday the neighbours house in question was unoccupied, no doubt celebrating Easter away from home with family and friends. Lucky, as they have 3 young active boys whom are always playing outside on the front lawn where this exactly occurred!

First pic is actually PixelShifted, the rest are not;

04-02-2018, 03:29 AM   #15408

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
So, how bad is vingetting? I suppose that for 'macro' use it is no problem, but how about outside. I'v been pondering about getting wider macro than my 90 mm. so FF that would be DFA 50, or? this 35 mm limited..?
It is pretty bad, but only in the extreme corners. It can still be fixed easy enough for me. I would definitely not buy the 35mm ltd. for FF since there is so much choice in the 35mm range, but it is a very good lens and can be incredibly sharp.
04-02-2018, 03:52 AM   #15409
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Downed Power Line. A large gum tree let go of a sizeable branch yesterday on our neighbours property, thankfully no one was hurt.
Having spent a lot of time living in the bush and working in roles that required me to advise other people of the 'widow maker' potential of gum trees, I do not understand why anybody would choose to allow one to grow in the vicinity of their home.

Granted some gums are worse than others, but if you see a heavy branch growing horizontally from the trunk, or even on a 45 degree angle you have to assume that gravity will eventually win. Especially if there's a strong wind event after an extended dry period.

Glad to hear there were no munchkins around when the power lines were knocked down.

Tas

04-02-2018, 06:38 AM   #15410
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
So, how bad is vingetting? I suppose that for 'macro' use it is no problem, but how about outside. I'v been pondering about getting wider macro than my 90 mm. so FF that would be DFA 50, or? this 35 mm limited..?
I made the mistake of taking some shots with the hood extended, which doesn't work at all. With it not extended it is visible.
04-02-2018, 07:34 AM - 7 Likes   #15411
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Irix Thingy ƒ/5.0 15.0 mm 1/60 ISO800

Irix Thingy ƒ/5.0 15.0 mm 1/25 ISO800

[/url]
Irix Thingy ƒ/5.0 15.0 mm 1/40 ISO800

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
FF Mode • 100 ISO • Tamron SP AF Di 90mm F2.8 Macro • Metz Flash 52 AF-1 Digital with Ray-Flash Universal L ring adapter
Ah, back to mooning us I see... Was that an April fools moon for Rupert?
Love that ring light effect in the first macro, nice work Frederic!

One more with the K1, this time from the 35mm ltd., despite the vignetting one of my fav on FF so far.
That really looks great, nice job! Ya know, I've been playing with my Soligor 20mm for semi-macro work just for giggles, even tried it with a 13mm extension tube, and got to thinking that Pentax could do with a wide medium range macro... something between 24mm - 35mm.

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
A real Double Delight.
I remain dazzled by some of your OOC JPG work eaglem, great colors.

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
What can I say Chris? Baywatch has nothing on you... Nice.

QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
Plenty of terrific photos posted by all you folks.
Winter is ending, now seeing signs of spring...
Heard the green woods frogs, crabbed the camera and went to take a look. Well of course as I approached they dove under...but those little devils have been busy.
first photo, frog eggs. Then as I walked away I spotted my first flower of the year.
second photo, coltsfoot. And looking further I saw others getting ready.
third photo, daffodils growing. Then glanced at the run off ditch and saw lots of green.
forth & fifth photos, what I think is algae & the white dots perhaps some sort of insect eggs. Not really sure about either of these but at least it is not snow & ice...
Best Regards, Bob
Oh boy, I put up these so so shots following LeRolls. That girl could be saying to me "you think you have hope mister...think again!"
Better you than me Bobby, heh. Glad to see your are thawing out up there. You are in for a bumper crop of Frogs and Daffodils, get your macro rig ready! Around here it can be like a biblical plague with the toads at times. At my old house, the dark end of the street near the creek would be riddled with toads after a rain. You usually didn't notice until you were driving and heard "pop pop pop". Don't ask....

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Still winter here.
Great eagle in the flurries shot Derek. Hard to tell if he is unhappy with the snow, or you pointing the camera at him.

So much good stuff here gang, well done all! Makes me wonder if someone will start a separate K-1 mkII thread or we should keep the pics together here? I'd hate to see us split up, but I would also understand why people would want to do it. Hard choices!

Eric
04-02-2018, 08:10 AM - 7 Likes   #15412
Veteran Member

Like I wrote on the other forum I posted these, this herd of elk let me get fairly close this rainy morning on a salt marsh near Astoria, OR. Shot with a DFA 150-450mm.

Last edited by longbow; 04-02-2018 at 12:04 PM.
04-02-2018, 08:48 AM   #15413
Pentaxian

It is pretty bad, but only in the extreme corners. It can still be fixed easy enough for me. I would definitely not buy the 35mm ltd. for FF since there is so much choice in the 35mm range, but it is a very good lens and can be incredibly sharp.
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
I made the mistake of taking some shots with the hood extended, which doesn't work at all. With it not extended it is visible.
Right, gotcha. I have FA 35/2 so no need for another one, as normalshooting wide. Macro is definetly in my mind. Perhaps DFA 50 or older version then.
04-02-2018, 09:20 AM - 2 Likes   #15414
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Eric,

That is a well used old four shaft "barn frame" loom. Love the polish on the back beam. Lots of thread over it's lifetime. If the yarn was hand spun and woven while still "in the grease" it will be soaked with lanolin. My wife got her first loom in 1979. I have learned a lot by sheer osmosis and by having to do some repairs on older looms and spinning wheels.
04-02-2018, 10:51 AM - 5 Likes   #15415
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Superb little flowers Bob !

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Ah, back to mooning us I see... Was that an April fools moon for Rupert?
Love that ring light effect in the first macro, nice work Frederic!
I'm sure he is laughing it up, where he is Thank you !
Nice points of view for that sewing machine !

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Makes me wonder if someone will start a separate K-1 mkII thread or we should keep the pics together here?
A new one I would say, for mkI upgraded and mkII of course...

FF Mode • 800 ISO • Tamron SP AF Di 90mm F2.8 Macro

FF Mode • 100 ISO • Tokina AT-X AF 28-70mm f:2.8 • Walimex Pro Flash 3xVC-400

FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM • Topaz Labs Texture Effects 2

FF Mode • 100 ISO • Tokina AT-X AF 28-70mm f:2.8
04-02-2018, 11:53 AM - 10 Likes   #15416
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

A few more from last week.

DA70

DFA28-105

DFA28-105

DA70

DFA28-105
04-02-2018, 12:23 PM - 5 Likes   #15417
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some contrast to savoche's pictures - from mountains to the sea.

Nearly 0° C. A few days later we got snow again. Seems my last pictures celebrated spring too early.

All pictures K-1 and DA28-105.
04-02-2018, 12:59 PM   #15418
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One more with the K1, this time from the 35mm ltd., despite the vignetting one of my fav on FF so far.
'k so which lens is this exactly? 35mm ltd, which one is that specifically?
04-02-2018, 01:08 PM - 7 Likes   #15419
Pentaxian

Here is couple from our spring time. Still waiting for one.

M 75-150

DA*55

04-02-2018, 01:08 PM   #15420

'k so which lens is this exactly? 35mm ltd, which one is that specifically?
To my knowledge there is only one 35mm ltd., the Pentax DA 35mm Macro limited.