Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 150732 Likes Search this Thread
04-06-2018, 10:53 PM - 4 Likes   #15496
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Haha! Thanks I love the fact you tried to replicate the colour/chrome dbl exposure shot in camera and discovered some nice bugs/crashes! lmao I did have a chuckle at that!

In truth I just did that all in PP. I shoot RAW, especially at live music events, so every RAW file starts off colour for us Pentaxians. Then I just applied some monochrome effects (with Topaz I think) and left some parts colour.. kinda. Worked okish here, but you're absolutely right, you could take two separate frames quickly and mask them after, this would probably be even better as it was hard for me to study at points which part to leave colour and which not etc (to get the effect I was after).

I find it interesting how most people like the first shot, I however prefer the dbl exposure shots of the girl at the keyboard.

I don't know what possessed me to try some double exposuring at a music gig, I just felt I wanted to try something different, arty etc. I tried more exposures (3-4), but I felt it became too much of an incoherent mess to being able to really see a facial expression etc.

I do quite like the urban multiexposure shots, I aim to try this out in the future, learn the technique and give it a shot, perhaps it works quite well also with nature such as waterfalls and the like (which I have closer to home than urban settings);

Urban Melodies: Multiple-Exposure Street Scenes Remix Cities | Urbanist

I do have a User Mode set up for Double Exposure shots, I need to learn more about it, the differences between 'additive' etc.

These shots for example are excellent; Double Exposure Photography from Jasper James I don't know if a 'multiexposure' shot actually works well for this vs just two single frames being used postprocessed etc. It might matter more to simply just have the shot taken tripodded, take the first shot, remove the subject matter, take second shot, and then off to PP you go...

It's one of those things I aim to work on in 2018 so that I can know how to do it well for any given situation, whereas currently I am fluking it more (I have taken more dbl exposure shots that I've just scrapped etc).

+1 for not seeing a separate thread, it's still a 'K-1' at the end of the day. Perhaps all that's required is a sticky post at the top of each page alerting the fact to stipulate the camera version used in the shot or something?
Thanks for your quick clarification and the interesting website links!

Here's another in camera double exposure

K-1 • APSC mode • DA55-300PLM ...

04-07-2018, 01:35 AM - 8 Likes   #15497
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
More than 35 years ago I experimented with double exposures using my ME Super.

Now one recent evening I thought I’d like to see what I can get with this technique taking pictures of a flower. But I wasn’t satisfied with the results … and forgot to deactivate this mode. So next day at the zoo I accidentally produced these two pictures as DNG raw files … captures made through a window pane with K-1 in APSC mode using DA55-300PLM at different focal lengths:

Seal, Seagull and Cat fishing

The special thing with digital multi-exposure mode is that it’s different to HDR or PSR mode. In HDR mode three and in PSR mode four raw captures are packed into a DNG container that also includes a generated jpg preview image.

In digital multi-exposure mode the captures are mixed up into one raw image capture similar how it is with film. But in digital you can choose between three „mix methods“: average, additiv and bright. I chose additive which I think simulates the film multi-exposure.

I'd like to know - does anybody else use the K-1 multi-exposure mode, what are your subjects and can you show any examples?

Thank’s in advance!
I've been a huge fan of multiexposure when I was shooting live music or dance recital, but thats funny I never really used it with the K1.
Here is one example, shot with a K3 and the DA 15mm F4
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
04-07-2018, 02:58 AM - 1 Like   #15498
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DimC Quote
I've been a huge fan of multiexposure when I was shooting live music or dance recital, but thats funny I never really used it with the K1.
Great photograph!
04-07-2018, 03:03 AM - 1 Like   #15499
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DimC Quote
Great photograph!
+1 great shot and use of it. I dunno why.. dbl exposure and musicians go well together!

(but so do flower shots, nice shot acoufap).

04-07-2018, 04:25 AM - 20 Likes   #15500
Veteran Member

A few from Feb and March...

04-07-2018, 04:27 AM - 11 Likes   #15501
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
savoche, your first two fishy shots are really special, especially the first one with the reflection & POV. I like the canopy & others also.
Thanks! Here's another set with the 10-17. It's a wonderful lens to take out when I feel a bit "stuck" creatively. A fishy look at the world usually gives me a kick

04-07-2018, 04:46 AM   #15502
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by StephenHampshire Quote
An excellent series of images mate.

Tas

04-07-2018, 09:19 AM - 4 Likes   #15503
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A quick process from last September from me, Loch Maree in Scotland. D-FA 15-30, 3 shot HDR.

John C
04-07-2018, 10:57 AM   #15504
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

All the images in that set are worth a little time inspecting, but the bowl of blossoms particularly caught my eye and made me pause to enjoy.
04-07-2018, 10:59 AM - 5 Likes   #15505
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM

Crop Mode • 400 ISO • Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 ED SDM
European Robin

Crop Mode • 100 ISO • HD Pentax DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW

FF Pixel Shift Mode • 100 ISO • Irix Blackstone 15mm F2.4
04-07-2018, 11:49 AM - 6 Likes   #15506
Veteran Member

Great photograph!
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
+1 great shot and use of it. I dunno why.. dbl exposure and musicians go well together!

(but so do flower shots, nice shot acoufap).
Thanks!
That's true, double exposure get along well with live music, especially because B&W render Double exposure even better.

Thanks for your quick clarification and the interesting website links!

Here's another in camera double exposure

K-1 • APSC mode • DA55-300PLM ...

That's a nice one mate!

Nice set, Im with WPRESTO here, your bowl of flower is really nice.

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
FF Mode • 100 ISO • Pentax DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM

Crop Mode • 400 ISO • Pentax DA* 200mm F2.8 ED SDM
European Robin

Crop Mode • 100 ISO • HD Pentax DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW

FF Pixel Shift Mode • 100 ISO • Irix Blackstone 15mm F2.4
Some great shots with all different lenses, well done.

Today I've been successful in removing the IRIX 15mm from my K1
I went in the park with the Tamron 90mm Macro for a radical change
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
04-07-2018, 12:26 PM - 11 Likes   #15507
Veteran Member

K-1 & Tamron 70-200

Waffles
by Timur Dzhambinov, on Flickr
04-07-2018, 02:14 PM - 6 Likes   #15508
Pentaxian

You spend a day at a wedding, you might get some images, pretty much standard wedding stuff for the most part. A few I think I can share comfortably.

K-1 and FA 50 1.7, or Sigma 70 macro

04-07-2018, 03:31 PM - 6 Likes   #15509
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A White Crepe Rose

04-07-2018, 05:06 PM - 15 Likes   #15510
Pentaxian

---------- Post added 04-07-18 at 08:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
K-1 & Tamron 70-200

Waffles