Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2018, 12:43 PM - 1 Like   #15541
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
hangman43, good capture of the statues & a reflection of a most painful time.
acoufap & BruceBanner, thank you both for the info & inspiration & really cool photos. Bruce I love the work by Jasper James, thanks for the link.
DimC, that is a very cool ME.
savoche, WOW, the fishy look certainly provides a different artistic image. Interesting that I never before saw much use for a fish eye lens, now I do thanks to you. Shots of landscape don't appeal to me but your building ones sure do.
Eric, I will honor your request but I have to tell you that many times I attempted to capture a good image of those tree trunks and have not done a satisfactory job at it yet, but I'll keep on trying.
Frederic, I will see your European Robin with a north American one & raise you a Rufous-sided Towhee. A wee bit better moon shot this time, but what is up with the swamp photo...
clackers, I sit here enjoying looking at your nice warm Arina photo, then I look out my window...but the seasons will change...some day...
Hattifnatt, love that sunset at Herastrau Park, beautiful capture.
repaap, nice shots, love the first night scene.
StephenHampshire, your train photos are fantastic as usual, I especially like the night shots. You do really good work.
johnc, that is a sorta eerie scene at Loch Maree.
Tas, that is a super nice photo, well done.
After watching the sunrise on this awesome spring morning I noticed several birds looking for food just about 20 feet from the front porch. So I sat awhile & took some shots. Only needed to take 1 for the Robin but took 26 for Miss Rufus. Those things would not stop moving around and changing directions. Had fun till my hands got cold & tired of holding up that sweet lens.
Best Regards, Bob
thank you! and you got great captures your self too.

04-09-2018, 01:06 PM - 12 Likes   #15542
Veteran Member

More food pics
Apple cider, K-1 & Helios 44k-4

EDIT: Oops, I just remembered that this wasn't taken with Tamron, but with my Helios.

Cider
by Timur Dzhambinov, on Flickr

Last edited by awscreo; 04-09-2018 at 07:02 PM.
04-09-2018, 03:23 PM - 9 Likes   #15543
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Caped Red Hibiscus

04-09-2018, 04:33 PM   #15544
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Haha
Thank you !

So you don't need knifes when eating vegan ?

Is that beer ? Superb shots !
Correct, everything just gets cooked to a pulp and becomes a gooey mess

It is beer, I'm trying to recall the exact ale I had... a may have been a Red Nail Ale, their beer list I found here but what I had is not on it, some very 'vibrant' names!

04-09-2018, 06:21 PM - 2 Likes   #15545
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
fun shots

Tas, great motion shot at the Motocross.
Eric, I favor the images from the M 35mm, guess I like the DOF more. And the color version is really nice but I think the B&W is more fitting for that scene. Earlier today photo friends & I gathered, I showed them your B&W shots of the garage with the car and your first post of this photo. They really liked your shots, and they are from your generation and have been in photography since the 1970's. Saying that to tell you I really value their opinion. They were also amazed at some of Frederic's photos. Told them he does pretty good but he likes to shoot the moon...
At any rate, got me a new/old Pentax thingy to have fun with. Need you to guess what it is...
First shot for size reference, then a few with the new/old lens.
Best Regards, Bob
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
04-09-2018, 07:18 PM   #15546
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tas, great motion shot at the Motocross.
Eric, I favor the images from the M 35mm, guess I like the DOF more. And the color version is really nice but I think the B&W is more fitting for that scene. Earlier today photo friends & I gathered, I showed them your B&W shots of the garage with the car and your first post of this photo. They really liked your shots, and they are from your generation and have been in photography since the 1970's. Saying that to tell you I really value their opinion. They were also amazed at some of Frederic's photos. Told them he does pretty good but he likes to shoot the moon...
At any rate, got me a new/old Pentax thingy to have fun with. Need you to guess what it is...
First shot for size reference, then a few with the new/old lens.
Best Regards, Bob
Thanks! Agreed. I also preferred the old M 35 version for the extra DOF, and also for the special 3D pop it gives, that lens is a sleeper of FA Limited IQ and colors if you want my opinion. The Irix would look loads better stopped down more, but at the time in my minds eye I was picturing more DOF out of the ultra wide,(still getting to know the Thingy) I should have hit the stop down button and actually taken a look instead of winging it.

My guess is you snagged a Pentax SMC - M 120mm F2.8 or K version. I'm leaning towards M version, because K are harder to find and the rendering on your nifty shell collection seems more M like, though it is hard to tell with digital where anything goes.

It is nice to have friends. My photo buddy and his wife moved a while back and I have to admit it put me in a slump for a while, but I've been getting back in the groove.
Eric
04-09-2018, 07:47 PM   #15547
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Thanks! Agreed. I also preferred the old M 35 version for the extra DOF, and also for the special 3D pop it gives, that lens is a sleeper of FA Limited IQ and colors if you want my opinion. The Irix would look loads better stopped down more, but at the time in my minds eye I was picturing more DOF out of the ultra wide,(still getting to know the Thingy) I should have hit the stop down button and actually taken a look instead of winging it.

My guess is you snagged a Pentax SMC - M 120mm F2.8 or K version. I'm leaning towards M version, because K are harder to find and the rendering on your nifty shell collection seems more M like, though it is hard to tell with digital where anything goes.

It is nice to have friends. My photo buddy and his wife moved a while back and I have to admit it put me in a slump for a while, but I've been getting back in the groove.
Eric
give you a hint, the exif assumption is wrong, it is not a K or M lens

04-09-2018, 08:08 PM   #15548
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

give you a hint, the exif assumption is wrong, it is not a K or M lens
Well, that really only leaves the screw mount SMC Tak 120mm, or 645 120mm w/ K adapter... unless I misunderstood When you said it is a "Pentax Thingy" and/or the focal length in exif was wrong too... ok, put me out of my misery.
04-09-2018, 08:38 PM   #15549
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, that really only leaves the screw mount SMC Tak 120mm, or 645 120mm w/ K adapter... unless I misunderstood When you said it is a "Pentax Thingy" and/or the focal length in exif was wrong too... ok, put me out of my misery.
Eric, you are good... it is the 645 A 120/4. I recently purchased it from our terrific fellow forum member Ivan.
04-09-2018, 09:55 PM - 6 Likes   #15550
Forum Member

K-1 Mark II and D FA 150-450mm:

04-09-2018, 11:59 PM - 11 Likes   #15551

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
I am not especially interested in wildlife shooting, but these are obviously excellent. Looks like the lens and tc converters are good performers. Question: could you tell us more about your technique? Are you using a gimbal, for instance? We can see the exif at Flikr, of course...
thank you texandrews , no gimbal or tripod
QuoteOriginally posted by StephenHampshire Quote
Nice shot, seems like a good combo...I've used on y K3, but not on the K1, I will try when I have a few minutes in decent light
thank you StephenHampshire , Da*300 is great lens (not fast focus but sharp and beautiful bokeh) some vignetting with the hd tc 1,4x and k-1 but a little crop and it's good

Those really look great, super sharp, would never guess you used a TC.
Eric
thank you Erictator
rondoudou87, those shots are absolutely amazing, very nice work.
thank you jabobby , very nice set of shells

AZGMDale very nice landscape shot
Urs beautiful orchids shot
Rondec superb macro flower
Jean Poitiers very nice portrait
fs999 great macro flower , color and light are beautiful
acoufap gorgeous shot and bokeh
awscreo very nice composition and colors
Cosimo beautiful capture (hope more shots of k-1 Mark II )

k-1 & Da*300

Last edited by rondoudou87; 04-10-2018 at 12:32 AM.
04-10-2018, 12:23 AM   #15552
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rondoudou87 Quote
thank you texandrews , no gimbal or tripod

thank you StephenHampshire , Da*300 is great lens (not fast focus but sharp and beautiful bokeh) some vignetting with the hd tc 1,4x and k-1 but a little crop and it's good

thank you Erictator

thank you jabobby , very nice set of shells

AZGMDale very nice landscape shot
Urs beautiful orchids shot
Rondec superb macro flower
Jean Poitiers very nice portrait
fs999 great macro flower , color and light are beautiful
acoufap gorgeous shot and bokeh
awscreo very nice composition and colors
Cosimo beautiful capture (hope more shots of k-1 Mark II )
Nice shot, this with that DA 55-300 you were mentioning on the FaceBook K-1 Group page?
04-10-2018, 12:39 AM   #15553

thank you BruceBanner , it's not me you mentioning i have not the Da 55-300 , this peacock was taken with the Da*300 f4
04-10-2018, 12:45 AM   #15554
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cosimo Quote
K-1 Mark II and D FA 150-450mm:

Is that the first shot on pentaxforums, made with a K1-II? Nice colors...
04-10-2018, 01:05 AM   #15555
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rondoudou87 Quote
thank you BruceBanner , it's not me you mentioning i have not the Da 55-300 , this peacock was taken with the Da*300 f4
Just weird timing, I just checked the fb post again and it's a greener peahen/cock type thing than yours but the colour of the shot, focal length all have the same feel hehe.