Veteran Member

Amsterdam

FA 20/2.8

06-20-2018, 04:04 PM - 16 Likes   #17058
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Casting a net captured with the D-FA 70-200mm and a fast shutter speed to manage the light reflecting off the water.

Tas
06-20-2018, 07:16 PM   #17059
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
A few more from Vivid;

For someone who thought ,maybe I"ll go......,thank you for going
I must find time to visit Sydney when vivid is on.

Dave

---------- Post added 21st Jun 2018 at 11:50 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Black and White version of the Mabry Mill photo seen above (not sure which I like better)

They are both nice but I prefer ths colour version
as they say put some colour in your life.
Great photo"s as usual Vincent

Dave

06-20-2018, 09:50 PM - 3 Likes   #17060
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Tapped out with stars

06-20-2018, 10:12 PM - 5 Likes   #17061
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After sunset tonight looking East toward the Continental Divide
K-1ii & Tamron 70-200/2.8
06-20-2018, 10:40 PM   #17062
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Black and White version of the Mabry Mill photo seen above (not sure which I like better)

.....you have got me searching for any of these near our route in October. Found a couple around Littleton and Loudon...if anyone knows of any of these along a route that runs roughly like this
Hartford > Williamstown > North Conway > Rangeley Lake > Acadia > Portland....please let me know. The towns listed are where we are booked into, the route between them is open to any suggestions, particularly if it takes in scenes like this. Have a few covered bridges mapped as well.

06-20-2018, 10:41 PM   #17063
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
For someone who thought ,maybe I"ll go......,thank you for going
I must find time to visit Sydney when vivid is on.

Dave

---------- Post added 21st Jun 2018 at 11:50 AM ----------

They are both nice but I prefer ths colour version
as they say put some colour in your life.
Great photo"s as usual Vincent

Dave
Ha! Thanks dbs. I only begrudgingly went because the kids wanted to go and that meant the photo snapping is subpar as I'm rushed and half concentrating on the shots and keeping an eye on them in the crowd! To do vivid justice you probably need a whole night (we did 3hrs, you really need to do 6-11, and possibly more than one night) as there's a lot of travelling to and fro places to see all the displays.
I think it's a good thing, but the crowds do put me off, forget Fri and Saturdays, a nightmare with kids or just on yer own to getting pictures, good luck with that!
I hear the opening night is actually quite quiet, and the night before is often used as a testing night, so I might try that tactic next year.
Glad you liked the few shots I took =)
06-20-2018, 10:47 PM   #17064
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Agreed. There's a very thin line between class and nothing but titillation. I think modern romantic movies are sometimes too quick to show a couple disrobing and jumping into bed, or embracing and kissing in passionate frenzy. If you have the time and patience, sometime watch a TV series dramatization called "Wives and Daughters," whose multiple episodes run at least four hours to see (British production, aired on PBS in the USA). It's a masterful example of how to show almost unbearable love between two young people without them ever so much as touching hands right to the very last scene, and their mutual passion doesn't fully surface until the final ten minutes or so of the story. Both M and I were holding our breath at the end.
Agree with you. I have never been fortuneate enough to work with models like this, but when the whole thing comes together it is beautiful, no other word for it, but the challenge is to get all the factors in sync. There was another person posting nudes some time back, his/her work was magnificent, not just because of the nudes, but each shot captured mood, emotion and told a story, plus being technically excellent.....they celebrated the nude form not belittled or disrespected it.
06-21-2018, 12:16 AM - 19 Likes   #17065
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think I became obsessed with this piece of driftwood. But some men in white coats said it will be all fine. Toot toot.

Tas
06-21-2018, 12:33 AM   #17066
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Beautiful image! I really love it.
06-21-2018, 03:24 AM   #17067
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
I think I became obsessed with this piece of driftwood. But some men in white coats said it will be all fine. Toot toot.

Tas
Yeah..well the men in white coats have been wrong before Tas....but the voices never are.
That is one helluva image btw.

---------- Post added 06-21-18 at 09:33 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Ha! Thanks dbs. I only begrudgingly went because the kids wanted to go and that meant the photo snapping is subpar as I'm rushed and half concentrating on the shots and keeping an eye on them in the crowd! To do vivid justice you probably need a whole night (we did 3hrs, you really need to do 6-11, and possibly more than one night) as there's a lot of travelling to and fro places to see all the displays.
I think it's a good thing, but the crowds do put me off, forget Fri and Saturdays, a nightmare with kids or just on yer own to getting pictures, good luck with that!
I hear the opening night is actually quite quiet, and the night before is often used as a testing night, so I might try that tactic next year.
Glad you liked the few shots I took =)
Glad you did Bruce, good that our Nthn Hemi neighbours see that. Great series regardless.

---------- Post added 06-21-18 at 09:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Nice shots all !

K-1 • FF Mode • 200 ISO • Tamron SP AF Di 90mm F2.8 Macro

K-1 • FF Mode • 800 ISO • Tamron SP AF Di 90mm F2.8 Macro

K-1 • FF Mode • 100 ISO • Soligor C/D Wide-Auto 20mm f:2.8

K-1 • FF Mode • 3200 ISO • Irix Blackstone 15mm F2.4 • Haida 150mm Filter Holder • NanoPro Series glass Clear-Night filter • Astrotracer long exposure: 30.56 sec
So many great images in this thread, its getting unfair to single any out....but these are seriously impressive.
06-21-2018, 04:24 AM - 7 Likes   #17068
Pentaxian

Last edited by LeRolls; 06-21-2018 at 06:49 PM.
06-21-2018, 05:03 AM - 1 Like   #17069
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
OH sure, I have to follow Frederic this time & not LeRolls. Very nice series of shots there Mr. Frederic as always.
Ha ! THat's why I follow LeRolls now ! Thank you Bob ! Nice flowers ! The last one could be a copycat of one of mine

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
So many great images in this thread, its getting unfair to single any out....but these are seriously impressive.
Thank you ! I'm sure you can show us something like that very soon !
06-21-2018, 05:25 AM   #17070
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Agree with you. I have never been fortuneate enough to work with models like this, but when the whole thing comes together it is beautiful, no other word for it, but the challenge is to get all the factors in sync. There was another person posting nudes some time back, his/her work was magnificent, not just because of the nudes, but each shot captured mood, emotion and told a story, plus being technically excellent.....they celebrated the nude form not belittled or disrespected it.
There was a movie years back, sorry I cannot remember the title, about an aging actor's relationship with a young woman assigned to "keep him in line." At one point he remarks, and I will not try to remember the exact words, that almost all men regard a naked young woman as the most beautiful object n the world. But it takes very little to cross from "beautiful" to "sleazy." I find the vast majority of LeRolls images beautiful, but every now and then one of them makes me wince.
« k1 vs k1ii | - »