Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2018, 01:39 PM - 18 Likes   #17911
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
It just gets better and better. Love your work.
QuoteOriginally posted by felixkh Quote
Nice!

---------- Post added 07-11-2018 at 09:23 PM ----------

Nice!

---------- Post added 07-11-2018 at 09:23 PM ----------

Nice!

---------- Post added 07-11-2018 at 09:28 PM ----------

Nice!
Thanks Guys!

I usually don't much care for studio style shots as I prefer to be outside in the elements so I can be inspired by my surroundings. I recently picked up an Aputure 120D continuous LED light in preparation for my eventual YouTube channel and thought I'd bring it to Lauren's house. After we shot with her husband's Trans Am the plan was to go out on her home's dock which faces the sunset and get some nice portraits with all the vibrant colors in the background but a storm rolled in last minute. So we set up inside in front of a giant mirror in her living room. I was able to shoot through a vase full of red flowers to get the color and which added some mood/atmosphere. I think shooting wide open at 1.4 also helped with the slightly dreamy effect. Overall I am quite happy with both the light and how the shot turned out especially since not much post processing was required.

07-11-2018, 02:02 PM   #17912
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
K-1 • FF Mode • 1600 ISO • Pentax FA* 24mm F2 IF AL

(This is Ev 1 : 1/10" F2 1600 ISO !)
Is this painted or a projection. I would like to visit but probably not likely soon.
07-11-2018, 02:51 PM   #17913
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Thanks Guys!

I usually don't much care for studio style shots as I prefer to be outside in the elements so I can be inspired by my surroundings. I recently picked up an Aputure 120D continuous LED light in preparation for my eventual YouTube channel and thought I'd bring it to Lauren's house. After we shot with her husband's Trans Am the plan was to go out on her home's dock which faces the sunset and get some nice portraits with all the vibrant colors in the background but a storm rolled in last minute. So we set up inside in front of a giant mirror in her living room. I was able to shoot through a vase full of red flowers to get the color and which added some mood/atmosphere. I think shooting wide open at 1.4 also helped with the slightly dreamy effect. Overall I am quite happy with both the light and how the shot turned out especially since not much post processing was required.

However you did it, that is a really beautiful picture of a beautiful young woman.
07-11-2018, 02:53 PM - 4 Likes   #17914
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

And in a very different way, with all natural light, I think this is a lovely looking young lady.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
07-11-2018, 02:54 PM   #17915
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
And in a very different way, with all natural light, I think this is a lovely looking young lady.
From Utah red to dressage. Nice work.
07-11-2018, 03:00 PM   #17916
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
From Utah red to dressage. Nice work.
Thank you, thank you. I just frame and click. No thought from me in the set-up or lighting as there is with LeRolls images. However, I found the young horsewoman's face and smile immensely attractive - - - and the horse, I think a true "pony," is also a pretty little thing with a dainty face.
07-11-2018, 03:08 PM   #17917
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes it is a pony. Both it and the young lady are lovely and lovingly presented.

07-11-2018, 03:28 PM - 5 Likes   #17918
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Working hard as Bees do

07-11-2018, 03:54 PM - 1 Like   #17919
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Guys!

Stunning. I prefer studio personally, prefer to have full control over all the elements.

---------- Post added 07-12-18 at 09:55 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Great shot.
07-11-2018, 04:32 PM   #17920
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Great shot.

Many thanks.
07-11-2018, 05:27 PM   #17921
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Working hard as Bees do
Remarkably clean image. Love it.
07-11-2018, 06:03 PM   #17922
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Remarkably clean image. Love it.
Thank you...............
07-11-2018, 07:09 PM - 12 Likes   #17923
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Suburban football, Australian Rules style.

K-1, FA*300 f4.5 and 1.4TC …

07-11-2018, 07:23 PM - 1 Like   #17924

Thanks Guys!

That indoor shot is just gorgeous. A beautiful picture of a beautiful model.
07-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #17925
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Suburban football, Australian Rules style.

K-1, FA*300 f4.5 and 1.4TC …

Is that Travis Cloke?
« k1 vs k1ii | - »