Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 150647 Likes Search this Thread
09-08-2018, 08:02 AM - 4 Likes   #20116
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Cruising In The Gloaming

09-08-2018, 08:03 AM - 5 Likes   #20117
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Rowans Going Over To The Dark Side

09-08-2018, 08:27 AM - 5 Likes   #20118
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
More Moorhens...

Wait for me mom!

HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW ƒ/8.0 450.0 mm 1/500 iso400

How am I supposed to fly with these little red stubby wings mom?
HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW ƒ/8.0 450.0 mm 1/500 iso640
09-08-2018, 09:42 AM - 3 Likes   #20119
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K-1 • DFA100WR - Helicon Focus 5 image stack - Capture One Pro pp

09-08-2018, 12:53 PM - 6 Likes   #20120
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
just trying some herbs and spices

---------- Post added 09-08-18 at 12:56 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Botanizer Quote
K-1 35mm macro with Yongnuo YN585EX flash - manual setting

---------- Post added 09-08-18 at 04:17 AM ----------

Hey k1man, open manage attachments. Click choose files and select the one you want to post. Then click upload. When the upload has finished, close manage attachments. There are restrictions on pixel dimensions, so I shrink my photos to 1350 x 900.

With a catchy title and message, you are ready to click Submit Reply.

Floyd
EUREKA, thank you so much for helping me, now i know i will try and post more, thanks again Ian

---------- Post added 09-08-18 at 01:09 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Botanizer Quote
K-1 35mm macro with Yongnuo YN585EX flash - manual setting

---------- Post added 09-08-18 at 04:17 AM ----------

Hey k1man, open manage attachments. Click choose files and select the one you want to post. Then click upload. When the upload has finished, close manage attachments. There are restrictions on pixel dimensions, so I shrink my photos to 1350 x 900.

With a catchy title and message, you are ready to click Submit Reply.

Floyd
hi again, i really like the colours in your spider
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
09-08-2018, 03:15 PM - 7 Likes   #20121
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

K-1 • FF Mode • 100 ISO • Tamron SP AF Di 90mm F2.8 Macro

K-1 • FF Mode • 400 ISO • Pentax FA* 24mm F2 IF AL

K-1 • FF Mode • 100 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM
09-08-2018, 03:19 PM - 1 Like   #20122
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Weed cluster

09-08-2018, 03:25 PM - 2 Likes   #20123
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

K-1 flowers in the rain

K-1 with adapted Pentax 645 75mm f 2.8.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
09-08-2018, 03:35 PM - 1 Like   #20124
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote

Excellent BTS explanation. I used Affinity a few times but I get the jist as I use PS. And I like how the thingys are suspended, I never thought of doing that. I don't know what a IT2 and DCU are, but I see the wire leaving the K-1 so I get it's some kinda controller or summin, will google it. Neat!

So do you do many product placement shots for work? I ask because it appears to be a sector where you can get quite a bit of work in around here...
IT2 and DCU I use for tethering because it is the most reliable and fastest solution. Other than that I unsually use Capture One for raw stuff.

Yes, I do some of these shots. I don't mind sharing how I do things.

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Ricoh Image Transmitter v2 is USB cabled tethering software available for separate purchase.
DCU is Pentax Digital Camera Utility, which comes with the camera.

If need be, Andreas' Pentax WiFi Commander Windows software could substitute for IT2 for remote camera control, as could the Pentax Image Sync app or the simple or paid versions of the Pentax Tethered Capture Lightroom plugin.
Yup.

Ah yes, the abbreviation lingo, cool gotcha. So... are you actually moving the camera back and forth for the focus stack or nah?
No, in the tethering software there are buttons where you an control the focus. Clicking the button moves the focus a tiny step back or forth. Very easy and precise. I had 30 steps of moving the focus forward between each shot.
09-08-2018, 03:48 PM   #20125
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by k1man Quote
Hi all, I hate asking Adam again 2 x already but I dont have a clue how to post a pic here, I managed to get to Manage Attachments where the pic no. shows above the Manage Attachments BUT then what I am confused, if I can get it once I will be ok, sorry to be a pain, Ian
This is a good point, I just kinda fumbled my way through getting images here as well, no hand to hold!

Perhaps we should have a sticky thread to new comers, perhaps even a link to it in their welcome inbox or something when they join, a thread that shows the variety of ways to share images?

Personally because I am a flickr fan I am not uploading images to pentax forums directly, nor attaching images as attachments, just doing the 'linky' thing. K1kman, if you don't already have a free flickr account it might be a good idea to get one, even just for the use of showing images here because many (myself included) perceive those linked images as being higher quality than actually uploading the image to pentax forums.

QuoteOriginally posted by sbh Quote
IT2 and DCU I use for tethering because it is the most reliable and fastest solution. Other than that I unsually use Capture One for raw stuff.

Yes, I do some of these shots. I don't mind sharing how I do things.

Yup.

No, in the tethering software there are buttons where you an control the focus. Clicking the button moves the focus a tiny step back or forth. Very easy and precise. I had 30 steps of moving the focus forward between each shot.
Gotcha. Is IT2 neat enough to have an inbuilt focus stacking type feature then? Or you just kinda bumping it forward yourself (manually), repeat x30? Even if manual it sounds fairly easy as you say.
09-08-2018, 03:58 PM   #20126
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is a good point, I just kinda fumbled my way through getting images here as well, no hand to hold!

Perhaps we should have a sticky thread to new comers, perhaps even a link to it in their welcome inbox or something when they join, a thread that shows the variety of ways to share images?

Personally because I am a flickr fan I am not uploading images to pentax forums directly, nor attaching images as attachments, just doing the 'linky' thing. K1kman, if you don't already have a free flickr account it might be a good idea to get one, even just for the use of showing images here because many (myself included) perceive those linked images as being higher quality than actually uploading the image to pentax forums.

Gotcha. Is IT2 neat enough to have an inbuilt focus stacking type feature then? Or you just kinda bumping it forward yourself (manually), repeat x30? Even if manual it sounds fairly easy as you say.
It's the latter, unfortunately no automated focus stcking. However, I would find it quite useful want to suggest a few such fature requests at photokina as they were open to „reasonable“ feedback they told me last time. We'll see.
09-08-2018, 04:05 PM - 1 Like   #20127
Veteran Member

Thanks Bruce, I have managed to get one up now I am off, at the beginning if you dont know what to do it is a bit confusing, thanks Ian
09-08-2018, 05:51 PM - 3 Likes   #20128

With Pentax 35 limited
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
09-08-2018, 06:24 PM - 9 Likes   #20129
Pentaxian

Here are a few from my walk with the K1 and samyang 135mm f2.

Temple Bar Cobbles

The back to front Pie

So So Close

Eye see you

Style

Here are a few from my walk with the K1 and samyang 135mm f2 In Dublin
09-08-2018, 08:41 PM - 9 Likes   #20130
Pentaxian

Battery Point Lighthouse, Crescent City, CA, shot with the F 17-28:

« k1 vs k1ii | - »