Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 150764 Likes Search this Thread
01-21-2019, 12:53 PM - 6 Likes   #22396
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
What have you done ?!
Well, I thought it would be fun to jump up-and-down on that old bridge............
Really like that flower image/
Thought about going out to try a blood Moon shot, but not with the temp hovering just below zero F (about minus 18C).

A couple of Utah scenics.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
01-21-2019, 02:07 PM - 8 Likes   #22397
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I really regretted not taking my FA43 to the spot where I initially captured Wentworth Falls in the Blue Mountains, so a week later I head back to the same spot for a second take. Sadly after a week of 40 degree days the fall was not flowing quite so well but still I snapped regardless.

First up the Sol 45 (for ease of comparison);

And now the FA43 version;

Which do you prefer?

And whilst we're at it a Lensbaby Velvet 56 composite shot (22 taken as no ND filter);

And here's a shot of the bottom and the various 'rock poolers' (taken with a K200), spot the 'Brit'! ahaha

If you glance at the darker pool in the final shot here (top right), you can see the same pool from the shot above that one (the portrait orientated shot) where the same dark pool is seen bottom left.

---------- Post added 01-22-19 at 08:09 AM ----------

Oh, and with Composite mode, does anyone know how to make the camera take each shot automatically? So.. if you specify '10' shots and 'Average' as the method, can you make it so the K-1 just fires all 10 shots off? I had to continually build my composite from remote shutter firing Zzzz....
01-21-2019, 02:34 PM - 1 Like   #22398
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
I really regretted not taking my FA43 to the spot where I initially captured Wentworth Falls in the Blue Mountains, so a week later I head back to the same spot for a second take. Sadly after a week of 40 degree days the fall was not flowing quite so well but still I snapped regardless.

Which do you prefer?

[/COLOR]Oh, and with Composite mode, does anyone know how to make the camera take each shot automatically? So.. if you specify '10' shots and 'Average' as the method, can you make it so the K-1 just fires all 10 shots off? I had to continually build my composite from remote shutter firing Zzzz....
The FA43 hands down... as much as I like quirky bokeh and swirly fun like your Sol 45 (or my Soligor 20mm ((Or Frederic's)) ), there are times I just want to see the resolution, pixie dust and depth of those FA Ltd's, and this is one of those times. Great set of pix!
Eric
01-21-2019, 02:37 PM   #22399
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

Which do you prefer?

And whilst we're at it a Lensbaby Velvet 56 composite shot (22 taken as no ND filter);

And here's a shot of the bottom and the various 'rock poolers' (taken with a K200), spot the 'Brit'! ahaha

If you glance at the darker pool in the final shot here (top right), you can see the same pool from the shot above that one (the portrait orientated shot) where the same dark pool is seen bottom left.

---------- Post added 01-22-19 at 08:09 AM ----------

Oh, and with Composite mode, does anyone know how to make the camera take each shot automatically? So.. if you specify '10' shots and 'Average' as the method, can you make it so the K-1 just fires all 10 shots off? I had to continually build my composite from remote shutter firing Zzzz....
I think under the drive mode you just choose composite interval mode and hit the info button. It will let you adjust the number of shots, the frequency with which they go and the trigger (shutter button/2 second timer/remote/etc). Then hit ok to save and use whatever your trigger is to get started.

01-21-2019, 03:31 PM - 7 Likes   #22400
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

White Rose Stamen

01-21-2019, 07:40 PM   #22401
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
The FA43 hands down... as much as I like quirky bokeh and swirly fun like your Sol 45 (or my Soligor 20mm ((Or Frederic's)) ), there are times I just want to see the resolution, pixie dust and depth of those FA Ltd's, and this is one of those times. Great set of pix!
Eric
Thanks for the compliment.

I'm torn between the two (as is another tog I know), for us this represents a nice example perhaps of how there is not always one definite best shot of the same scene. There is no 'best shot' as they each bring something different to the shot, at least I think that's how we feel about it.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think under the drive mode you just choose composite interval mode and hit the info button. It will let you adjust the number of shots, the frequency with which they go and the trigger (shutter button/2 second timer/remote/etc). Then hit ok to save and use whatever your trigger is to get started.
Yeah did all that, but is there no way you can hit the shutter and then just stand back and let it rack off the 20 or so shots? Do you really have to manually hit the shutter each time?

In the menu system you can change the bracketing mode from being individual shutter presses to being just one shutter button push, but no such similar option seems to be available for Composite mode?
01-22-2019, 01:44 AM   #22402
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Really like that flower image/
Thought about going out to try a blood Moon shot, but not with the temp hovering just below zero F (about minus 18C).
Thank you !
Only 21°F (-6°C) here

Which do you prefer?
You know my answer...
Great shot !

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
(or my Soligor 20mm ((Or Frederic's)) )
We need to create a fanclub here with @JeanPoitiers...

01-22-2019, 03:23 AM   #22403
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for the compliment.

I'm torn between the two (as is another tog I know), for us this represents a nice example perhaps of how there is not always one definite best shot of the same scene. There is no 'best shot' as they each bring something different to the shot, at least I think that's how we feel about it.

Yeah did all that, but is there no way you can hit the shutter and then just stand back and let it rack off the 20 or so shots? Do you really have to manually hit the shutter each time?

In the menu system you can change the bracketing mode from being individual shutter presses to being just one shutter button push, but no such similar option seems to be available for Composite mode?
What time interval did you set for your shots to go at? I usually pick something like two seconds and the camera will click every two seconds till the images are all captured. I just tried it and it seems to work fine. And automatically.
01-22-2019, 04:40 AM   #22404
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Thank you !
Only 21°F (-6°C) here

You know my answer... :lol:
Great shot !

We need to create a fanclub here with @JeanPoitiers...
You're in the minority! The Velvet 56 Falls shot just got Explored! Ha!

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
What time interval did you set for your shots to go at? I usually pick something like two seconds and the camera will click every two seconds till the images are all captured. I just tried it and it seems to work fine. And automatically.
Ah you seem to be in a different mode from the one I used. I was in 'Multi-Exposure' where I think it's purely manual, however if selecting 'Interval Shooting' you can navigate to 'Interval Composite' and then set the Number of shots, interval and yeah it'll do it automatically, sweet!

Cheers!
01-22-2019, 05:53 AM   #22405
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
Great pictures!
Thank you !

You're in the minority! The Velvet 56 Falls shot just got Explored! Ha!
Less you post in groups, more you have chances to be explored
01-22-2019, 06:08 AM - 5 Likes   #22406
Site Supporter

Actually I like the 43 shot better too, for me not enough dof with the velvet shot, but who am I to argue with the masses! Congrats on the Explore, always nice to get those!

Last edited by Deimos; 01-22-2019 at 06:14 AM.
01-22-2019, 06:16 AM - 4 Likes   #22407
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Full Moon Smith Mountain Lake (DFA 24-70mm/pixel shift)

01-22-2019, 06:38 AM - 3 Likes   #22408
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Orchids

Living Room Accent
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
01-22-2019, 08:01 AM - 1 Like   #22409
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Night Photo at High ISO

Took K-1ii out at night and shot this at 12800 ISO...Some Noise, but overall, usable. Really great IQ on this camera.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
01-22-2019, 08:17 AM   #22410
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
White Rose Stamen
Another stunner EagleM. I like a lot of your OOC jpg work, but this one takes the cake, getting that white just right with loads of crisp detail.
Eric