Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2016, 02:37 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Post your K-1 pictures!

Now that there is such a joyful and calm mood in PF, its time to start finding pics from the K-1 that will be posted on various websites, but most importantly to start upload the pics that the members take... I'm sure some of the forum members will have the camera quite earlier and we are expecting some of the real thing magic until we get to hold the K-1 in our hands

@Kenspo Do you read me my friend?

Some of the first official examples including pixel shift resolution can be found here:
Sample Image? PENTAX K-1 | RICOH IMAGING

Last edited by redpit; 02-22-2016 at 04:39 AM. Reason: add text
02-19-2016, 03:36 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
Now that there is such a joyful and calm mood in PF, its time to start finding pics from the K-1 that will be posted on various websites, but most importantly to start upload the pics that the members take... I'm sure some of the forum members will have the camera quite earlier and we are expecting some of the real thing magic until we get to hold the K-1 in our hands

@Kenspo Do you read me my friend?

Some of the first official examples including pixel shift resolution can be found here:
Sample Image? PENTAX K-1 | RICOH IMAGING
Wow, check out the pixel shift on and off comparison of the still life flower arrangement. Very very impressive. And it's taken with the 28-105 "cheap kit zoom".
02-19-2016, 04:21 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Wow, check out the pixel shift on and off comparison of the still life flower arrangement. Very very impressive. And it's taken with the 28-105 "cheap kit zoom".
It's really impressive. I find the "off" image quite impressive as it is with a lot information in the darker spots between the flowers, but the Pixel Shift gives so much sharpness and resolution that the image needs no further PP in these qualities. The 28-105 also shows the IQ fall off near the corners of the images. I'm very curious to see the performance of old zoom lenses like the 35-105/3.5 on the K-1
02-19-2016, 05:54 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am more than eager to post images here, if only delivery is quicker than official release. Was it bad luck to say that??

And a PS that I've been entering on several posts: Raise the cry: CARPE K1!

Last edited by WPRESTO; 02-19-2016 at 07:00 AM.
02-19-2016, 06:58 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looking forward to lovely art from a new tool.
02-19-2016, 08:59 AM - 9 Likes   #6
Veteran Member

Have this friend with me on the road
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
02-19-2016, 09:00 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Some more pics that have been released, but this time from preproduction models...

Pentax K-1 Release Date, Price and Specs - CNET

Pentax K-1 Pre-Production Sample Gallery: Digital Photography Review

---------- Post added 02-19-16 at 09:04 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Have this friend with me on the road
hahahaha If you give us your exact position... I'm sure that you will have many more friends from PF to join you! You're a lucky guy! I'm waiting for your first impressions and more important some real world pics!

Enjoy your time with the K-1 my friend! I'm very optimistic about this new tool! Even about the AF performance, I trust Pentax!

02-23-2016, 02:55 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Some more real world images from K-1 here:

Hands-On & Sample Images from the New Full Frame Pentax K-1 DSLR – Resource Magazine

Some great news from this try out:

1. The autofocus is really reliable. I never felt like I was having to hunt for what I wanted it to focus on, and it did a good job of getting there fast.
  2. I think what is most impressive is something I already mentioned: the image stabilizer. I shot quickly and often from the hip, and looking back at the images I shot that morning, almost nothing is out of focus.
Maybe we get surprised even in sectors of the camera that seemed like the weak points of the new K-1!! I really hope so and those review make my anticipation even greater!

---------- Post added 02-23-16 at 03:45 AM ----------

I don't see anything special in those pics to be honest. On the contrary there is much CA and maybe some shake blur if you check them in full scale. I believe that we are talking about o pre-production copy with not the final software in it, as @Kenspo also has explained for his copy. I wonder if these were taken with the 24-70/2.8... In that case I would expect better IQ.

There is so much information in those pics that getting it right might be quite a challenge! Especially if you don't have the time to familiarize with the new camera. I never had any experience with so high resolution cameras, so I won't comment any further!

The comments of this review are very promising but not those sample pictures to sum it up...

Last edited by redpit; 02-23-2016 at 03:19 AM.
02-25-2016, 05:43 AM - 2 Likes   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Two more samples from Pentax K-1:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcBJIR6UsAAr2RU.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcAP9-BVIAEOF7Z.jpg:large

Very nice pics!
02-26-2016, 02:45 AM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The latest samples from the K-1 website:

Impressions | PENTAX K-1 Special site | RICOH IMAGING
02-29-2016, 11:41 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Some really great pics although small sized they seem of high quality:

http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/review/special/20160229_745462.html?utm_c...ess.co.jp-text
03-01-2016, 12:05 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
Some really great pics although small sized they seem of high quality
True. Very artistic.
03-01-2016, 12:24 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
True. Very artistic.
I think that gradually pro photos from the K-1 will start showing up and the real potential of the new Pentax FF will become more evident! At least the moaning for the IQ of the pics from the teasing site and the comparison with the Nikon relevant FF releases will stop! (hopefully!).

What I'm really looking forward to is this part of the K-1 website to become functional...

PENTAX K-1 Laboratory | PENTAX K-1 Special site | RICOH IMAGING

If I get it right we will be able to see samples from the combination of K-1 + the lenses that we prefer! Brilliant idea! Can't wait for samples!
03-01-2016, 09:45 AM   #14
Forum Member

Here is some samples from Vietnam:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/315416-very-first-k1-vietn...mple-pics.html
03-01-2016, 10:21 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VuXY Quote
Bokeh taken to the next level with the K-1!

Thanks for posting!