Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2016, 11:17 AM   #1
rlatjsrud

Pentax K-1 Laboratory

PENTAX K-1 Laboratory | PENTAX K-1 Special site | RICOH IMAGING

They gonna test and put all photos with different lenses that Pentax have. This might a great opportunity to check FF compatibility, image quality, and more.

02-19-2016, 11:35 AM   #2

Yes, Ricoh said in one interview that they would be evaluating existing lenses to see how the perform on full-frame. At best I was expecting a compatibility chart and perhaps re-badging of a few lenses from DA to DFA. But this will be great so you can actually see for yourself how the lenses perform.
02-19-2016, 12:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ricoh is putting some serious effort into this product launch. Hopefully they'll sell some serious numbers of K-1 bodies and new lenses.
02-19-2016, 12:21 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Yes, Ricoh said in one interview that they would be evaluating existing lenses to see how the perform on full-frame. At best I was expecting a compatibility chart and perhaps re-badging of a few lenses from DA to DFA. But this will be great so you can actually see for yourself how the lenses perform.

How many current lenses are there to test?

Surely just give the job to a couple of apprentices. I mean the camera already exists doesn`t it?
Should only take a week.

Mount the lens, take some pics, does it vignette Yes/No, upload the pics to the website for potential customers to evaluate for themselves.

No biggie.

02-19-2016, 12:36 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The site promises "user photos", not in-house ones. So I assume it will be up to the early adopters to populate it, and it will not be restricted to current lenses.
02-19-2016, 01:41 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by limpet Quote
Surely just give the job to a couple of apprentices. I mean the camera already exists doesn`t it?
Should only take a week.
Depends on how exhaustive a test. Lens should be tested across the range of apertures. Zooms across the zoom range. How do they perform with Pixel Shift? Does non-AA or simulated AA make a difference? How do you define acceptable or not acceptable performance?

Not as simple as you think if you want non-anecdotal results. And having a set of results based on consistent standards would be nice.

Ricoh may even be testing the resolution performance of FA lenses for all we know.

Last edited by Not a Number; 02-19-2016 at 02:45 PM.
05-06-2016, 11:26 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Somehow this is still stuck. Anyone knows something, when this will be open or new content uploaded?
I thought they wanted to open with the release of the k-1... I liked the idea. So I hope this will not be lost in the shuffle

05-07-2016, 12:27 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by i5_david Quote
Somehow this is still stuck. Anyone knows something, when this will be open or new content uploaded?
I thought they wanted to open with the release of the k-1... I liked the idea. So I hope this will not be lost in the shuffle
I think there is a mix-up about URLs.

Try this:
Pentax K-1 Laboratory
05-07-2016, 01:27 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Oops I meant that link. Is the lab asleep? The most recent entries are the ones that came weeks ago.