Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 72 Likes Search this Thread
02-19-2016, 12:30 PM - 6 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-1 "Thank you" Thread

Let's show our appreciation to the folks at Ricoh Imaging for designing the K-1 as well as they did.

I'll start: way to go, guys! The K-1 is an amazing product at the perfect price point.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-19-2016, 12:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Thank you for designing a pretty much perfect FF camera!
Even though I'll probably never own this wonder...
02-19-2016, 12:37 PM - 4 Likes   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have been buying FF lenses in the hope that the body would be under the 2500 dollar price point I had funds set aside for in expectations of a 36mp body. Ricoh beat my price point by quite a bit and met almost all of what I expected in a body at a higher price point.
02-19-2016, 12:47 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dear Pentax,

Congratulations on shaking up the industry and "raising the bar" to the benefit of all photographers worldwide.
Best of luck with your new venture. I can't wait to get my hands on this system!

Michael

02-19-2016, 12:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yes, Ricoh. Congratulations - I think Pentax is in safe hands. Well done, and thank you!
02-19-2016, 12:53 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Curse you Ricoh for not designing a camera that does everything that everyone wanted. Now we have to hear constant whining about "crippled" mounts and not enough frames per second and the autofocus isn't good enough and why is it only 36 MP? and...
02-19-2016, 12:54 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Well done RICOH/PENTAX. A beautiful camera with great features. Whishing you all the best of luck with this achievement!

02-19-2016, 12:58 PM - 1 Like   #8
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

As a Pentax equipment using photographer who enjoys stills landscape photography the most all I can say is thank you to the Ricoh-Pentax team.

The 36MP sensor with the 'pixel shift' is something I am really looking forward to using, and I think it will be all I will need resolution wise.

I am an amateur photographer. I have a reasonable annual budget for my photography hobby, but the 645z is out of my reach. The pricing of the K-1 is very good, well within reach and very affordable.

High resolution, Pentax ergonomics and features, and a great price - so thank you again.
02-19-2016, 01:03 PM - 1 Like   #9

After many people wrote their thanks in the CP+ Questions thread, i wondered when this thread will show up .
So once again:

I also would like to send my thanks to all the people at Pentax & Ricoh for not giving up on all our dream of the FF Pentax camera! Thank you so much for making this happen at last, I am looking forward to take pictures with my new K-1 (upgrading from the K20D) in April.
02-19-2016, 01:14 PM - 2 Likes   #10

Ricoh/Pentax
Congratulations! Awesome job done on K-1.

It is easy to whine, criticize and find faults. But it is different to catch up and bring in a product that would challenge the established brands. I will not be surprised if design teams in Nikon and Canon have started thinking better specs for their upcoming FF cameras to prevent their customer base from jumping the ship. While I eagerly wait for the next FF camera that would address the sports/action photographers needs I Thank you for the wonderful K-1.

Good luck.

WE THE PENTAXIANS.

Last edited by Lightograph; 02-19-2016 at 01:43 PM.
02-19-2016, 01:18 PM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

When you look back at what has happened to Pentax since Ricoh we really owe the the greatest Thank You for what they have done to the Pentax brand. I will probably not be looking to buy the K-1 only because I am a happy camper with my K-3 and K-5 backup along with my DA Limiteds, but I was absolutely thrilled with the K-1 announcement. Perhaps when I am ready to retire the K-5 and move the K-3 to backup I will look into the K-1 or its successor. I am committed to Ricoh-Pentax.
02-19-2016, 01:18 PM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I will join the club because a thank you and congratulations are in order. The K-1 is a great achievement given its price/performance ratio. I was one who was not convinced that I needed full frame and not convinced I wanted to pay the premium. But now full-frame will replace my K-5 and I look forward to ordering the DFA 24-70.
02-19-2016, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #13

The DSLR market is in decline and Ricoh could have just walked away from it. Instead, it decided to disrupt the market by offering quite a bit more for a whole lot less money. At some point more megapixels won't matter as much as features. Ricoh is an innovator with the features, which is a good thing. Good for Ricoh and better for us consumers. The K-1 was worth the wait.
02-19-2016, 01:22 PM - 1 Like   #14
Veteran Member

Very well done, Pentax & Ricoh!
02-19-2016, 01:24 PM - 1 Like   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks Ricoh / Pentax.

I'm very happily surprised that I might actually be able to afford this sweet camera (well in years time perhaps). It looks a great balance of features with cost.

You have gone beyond my expectations.