Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 72 Likes Search this Thread
02-20-2016, 02:33 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well I'm glad that Ricoh helped steer Pentax to FF.....thank you! From the AP / MZ / K10d, Pentax has always brought forward innovative features and you have met that spirit with the K1.

A friendly suggestion ....... It's not uncommon to see Pentax in this area of N.America. What happened to the billboards and promotions we used to see here about 5 years ago? London Drugs sold me to come back to Pentax with the K10d, Lens and Shutter, Karisdale Cameras are also very objective. Good luck with the K1!

02-20-2016, 03:47 AM   #62

Thank you Ricoh/Pentax for a camera to look forward to!
02-20-2016, 03:47 AM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's been differentiation in camera brands for a long time, with none having a monopoly on good or innovative features - and that's been great for photography - but even then, many great brands, still making great cameras, have been lost. Those that ave survived, deserve to survive, and Ricoh management have done well to see that Pentax is a brand that deserves to be there - and built on it! They have recognised and played to Pentax's strengths and produced a worthy Full Frame camera which, I strongly suspect, will only gain in reputation as time goes by. I think it would be an exciting time to work for Ricoh and I offer them unreserved thanks and congratulations.
02-20-2016, 05:04 AM   #64
Inactive Account

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
Pentax Ricoh,

Although I have my doubts if I will ever buy the camera, I appreciate the launch very much, as it makes me feel more confident about the Pentax brand. If I were to look at this rationally, I would say you still have your work cut out for you, with so many other options that have more lenses available, especially from third parties. But I have to admit, (even) I'm not totally rational about all of this. And I've never owned a full frame camera before, film or digital.

First reviews of the camera are mostly positive, which I would say is as good as it can get. The price point and features seem spot-on, so congratulations on a job well done. Even though I don't think the camera will convince many existing Canon or Nikon full frame users to jump ship, it is something to consider for both existing Pentax users and people looking to upgrade from any APS-C system. And it makes Pentax more relevant on the whole, even for people who eventually just get a K-S1.

02-20-2016, 05:42 AM   #65

As a photography enthusiast, i have always been interested in the FF aethetic but has always been able to find a reason to hold off, like very high pricepoint for the feature packed dslrs, and lack of weathersealing, low resolution, and expensive native lenses for the cheaper FF bodies. I would like to thank ricoh for creating an FF system that has robust/ pro features but is justifiable to buy for us who dont make a living out of photography.
02-20-2016, 06:20 AM   #66
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Every SLR camera I have purchased over the last 45 years has either Pentax or Ricoh, or both labeled on them. It looks like I can continue the trend. Thank you for keeping the legacy alive.

Spotmatic II, Ricoh XR-M (2), Pentax K1000(3), Pentax ZX-5n, Pentax PZ-1p, Pentax ZX-M, Ricoh/Pentax K5, Ricoh/Pentax K5-IIs and Ricoh/Pentax K3. Every one still works fine too.
02-20-2016, 06:21 AM   #67
Veteran Member

Congrats Ricoh and Pentax! This is the body I've been waiting for! Now kick the production into high gear!

02-20-2016, 06:26 AM   #68
FS1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been a fan of Pentax since I began learning photography on a K1000, and I've never been more happy or proud to be a Pentaxian! Many kudos to all the Pentax teams that contributed to the K-1, and to Ricoh for being the great steward that continued to champion the brand and tradition! Thanks for bringing a dream machine to life, and for putting it within reasonable reach for many Pentaxians! And thanks for the contributions it will make to the future joy of so many people, and to the ongoing art of photography...
02-20-2016, 07:01 AM   #69
Pentaxian

I haven't been participating so much in the latest hub bub, or really any of the previous bellyaching about the lack of this or that, but now it's refreshing on a whole number of levels to have the K1 that will soon be in the mix. Yes, I plan to get one eventually once finances allow it. It might not be in the first batch and because I have a brand new K3.

That said I find it extremely refreshing that Ricoh listens to the people. Hopefully we aren't just a 'focus group' but rather 'the family'... and so far it seems like the latter is much more true. Pentax has a much more 'at home' feel to it and I like it that way. I am at home with Pentax. Even though I might not be with the herd so what. We can be and are trend setters.

I can say this-- I subtly promote Pentax cameras and lenses whenever possible and I will continue to do so. Mainly because Pentax in my opinion is making a superior product at a much better value.

I think Ricoh is doing an excellent job in some respects, particularly the legacy of excellent products at great prices. If you make something the people want the people will buy it.

I definitely think Ricoh is going in the right direction and is going to make even more waves in the camera and photography industry.
02-20-2016, 07:38 AM   #70
Veteran Member

Huge props to Ricoh for picking up the Pentax brand and runs with it instead of shelving away the Pentax DNA. K-1 probably would never have materialized without the new ownership.

K-1 is looking to be a very solid first FF product and launching with full range of new DFA lenses at the same time is great move, which I am sure took a lot of planning and collaborations. Despite the whole world turning their attentions to Sony and their A7 series, you guys were able to come up with something a little different and marketable. I hope K-1 will be successful and please continue to improve and listen to the fans similar to what Fuji's been doing. I love my Pentax cameras and I have never been happier with how things have been turning around since Ricoh took over!

Thank you for your hard work!
02-20-2016, 07:45 AM   #71
Marketplace Reseller

Thank you / Ďakujem / danke

Dear RICOH, thank you for your decision to do it for all of us, for your passion for photography and engineers for making it real. Thank you, that you do develope FULL FRAME DSLR with PENTAX name on it. Thank YOU / Dankie / faleminderit / shukran / Շնորհակալություն / hvala / благодаря / gràciesM̀h’gōi / hvaladěkuji / tak / dank u / tänan / kiitos / merci / danke / ευχαριστώ / mahalo / .תודה / dhanyavād / köszönöm / takk / terima kasih. / grazie / arigatô / 감사합니다 / paldies / choukrane / ačiū / Благодарам / terima kasih / grazzi / Xièxiè / Баярлалаа / takk / dziękuję / obrigado / mulţumesc / спасибо / xвала / hvala / Ďakujem / hvala / gracias / tack / nandri / kop khun / teşekkür ederim / Дякую / diolch / a dank / ngiyabonga ....
02-20-2016, 08:14 AM   #72
Veteran Member

Dear Pentax,

It has been a long journey for you, and a long wait for us.

But you have done it, and in grand style!

The K-1 lives.

A powerful and well designed product, imbued with typical Pentax innovation.

This is a tremendous achievement for Pentax, and it heralds a new era in the photographic world.

Bravo!

Thank you very much.
02-20-2016, 09:13 AM   #73
Forum Member

Thanks for building such a great DSLR. I think all Pentaxians are proud of you. Not only because of K-1. K-3 and K-5 are also great gear! Keep on rolling!
02-20-2016, 09:22 AM   #74
Forum Member

Well done Ricoh/Pentax!: Nice to see the typical Look&Feel to be continued! Well, the 'Feel' we do not know yet, but one is to assume that this will by in sync with Pentax tradition that we know.

Some PentaxProductDesignevolutionarytheory -- especially the prismpart-shape is conspicious:

And here is the K-1:

Jan.
02-20-2016, 09:22 AM   #75
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you Ricoh .my beloved pentax is alive !
my dream camera now real!!
Long awaited but worth the wait

Last edited by zmohie; 02-20-2016 at 09:27 AM.