Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
03-01-2016, 10:45 AM - 1 Like   #46
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I have some questions also about upper dial + 3d wheel - can't understand yet...
So why are you calling it nonsense if you don't understand it?

03-02-2016, 12:15 AM - 1 Like   #47
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
So why are you calling it nonsense if you don't understand it?
The man could be wrong. I have right to make mistakes.

I thought I understood, but I started to study and I can say that I'm wrong in my opinion.
03-02-2016, 05:22 AM - 1 Like   #48
Veteran Member

No touch-screen - there is decision when you use LCD in any position, but why didn't they make touch-screen instead of two big dials?
Becase touch screen is not only hardware but also a software thing. Imagine you trying to use touch screen in wet and cold conditions; no gloves you freeze your fingers, gloveless without special fingertips and screen is unusable, gloves with wet fingertips and touch screen lagging and inaccurate. Apple/Samsung/Sony/etc in smartphones predict/compensate it with programming codes and processing power. Pentax just went more cheaper and reliable route.
03-02-2016, 09:09 AM   #49
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I thought I understood, but I started to study and I can say that I'm wrong in my opinion.
Okay. That makes sense.

03-02-2016, 11:23 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Kudos to you for actually admitting it.

Some people will go out of their way to claim they were never wrong and will talk themselves blue in the face arguing that you were wrong or didn't correctly interpret what they were saying, but will never admit that they were mistaken or incorrect. And if you ever dare accuse them of being a troll or fanboy, well... Poking a rattlesnake is never a good idea. It's nice to see someone actually admit they may have been mistaken for a change. It's all pretty much speculation at this point anyway since only a select few have actually handled the K-1. I know I won't be able to afford a K-1 until it's successor has a successor, but I'm here reading about it just to learn, and some of the conversations can be quite interesting!

*Life is a learning process. There's a good saying that the more you learn, the more you learn you don't know, and if you think you know everything, you probably know nothing.