Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-19-2016, 08:50 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Pentax K1 passes Australia by?

As far as I can see, the K1 has gone completely unnoticed in Australia, by retailers and wholesalers at least.

Whilst prices are being posted on websites in nations around the world, the "official" Pentax website in Australia (actually CR Kennedy, the importers) makes no mention of it. So we still have no idea of when and how much. Odd.

02-19-2016, 08:56 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
As far as I can see, the K1 has gone completely unnoticed in Australia, by retailers and wholesalers at least.

Whilst prices are being posted on websites in nations around the world, the "official" Pentax website in Australia (actually CR Kennedy, the importers) makes no mention of it. So we still have no idea of when and how much. Odd.
IIRC that happened with K-01 and Q also.
02-19-2016, 09:04 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There is at least one retailer (in Perth I believe) who is accepting $500 deposits to pre-order the K-1.
I'll wait for now. The camera is still several weeks away anyhow.
02-19-2016, 09:06 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gerry Gibbs Camera House (long time Pentax retailer) in Perth have it listed on their site for pre-order at $2,495 body only and Camera Warehouse also list it here but no price yet.

Pentax K-1 Full Frame DSLR Camera | Camera-Warehouse

There was an Aussie member (might have been Digitalis) who mentioned in another thread that he had spoken to CRK about it and they were run off their feet with enquiries.

02-19-2016, 09:09 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
There was an Aussie member (might have been Digitalis) who mentioned in another thread that he had spoken to CRK about it and they were run off their feet with enquiries.
I expect so. But that only makes the lack of an announcement on their web page more surprising. It's not like they didn't know it was coming!
02-19-2016, 09:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

CR Kennedy did have the K3 and the silver addition for pre-order sale. Now the wife is shooting through I will consider buying the K1.
02-19-2016, 09:29 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Camera Electronics are advertising the K1 and the two new lenses for pre-order.

02-19-2016, 09:40 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Hopefully they'll have a launch as they did for the K-3 and I'll get an invite again. At the K-3 launch, there was a camera to be one as a lucky door prize.
02-19-2016, 09:45 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Murra54 Quote
Camera Electronics are advertising the K1 and the two new lenses for pre-order.
Yes but no pricing as yet and as I said to them when I rang them that I don't pre-order if I don't know what the price is as you may be committing to way past your wallet's capabilities.
02-19-2016, 10:03 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
Hopefully they'll have a launch as they did for the K-3 and I'll get an invite again. At the K-3 launch, there was a camera to be one as a lucky door prize.

I'm going to contact Corey on Monday to find out if there will be launch ?.It would be great to be part of the launch of Pentax K1.
02-19-2016, 10:05 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
Gerry Gibbs Camera House (long time Pentax retailer) in Perth have it listed on their site for pre-order at $2,495 body only
That's slightly less than the $US conversion price and has to include the GST so we're ahead. Nothing to complain about there.
02-19-2016, 10:52 PM - 1 Like   #12

My local camera store (and the sales guy who knows I really want the K-1) spoke to CRK who told them that they still haven't received direction from Ricoh Japan about RRP or release date but expect it in the next few days.
02-19-2016, 11:14 PM   #13
Pentaxian

It'll get to Oz...just like the light of day...before the rest.
02-19-2016, 11:23 PM   #14
Forum Member

Had a similar thought is Pentax Australia prepared for this ? ....I wanted the 150-450 4 weeks out from a once in a lifetime trip to the Galápagos had to cancel the lens purchase as it would arrive the week after we left no AU stock...but I could have ordered it from B&H USA and had it in my hand in a week but no AU warranty, sometimes it is very frustrating being a Pentax consumer in Australia...I understand we are a small market etc..three Pentax photogs I know went over to the dark side last year simply because they couldn't get gear when they wanted too compared to the proliferation of Canikon..I have held out for the K1 and it will more than meet my requirements in a system/brand I love and know...loyalty is a two way street let's hope the loyal consumers get some rewards in the future. I will be getting mine from Camera Electronic they have helped me out heaps over the years.

Last edited by M.B.Yates; 02-19-2016 at 11:37 PM.
02-19-2016, 11:27 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Looks like I may have to buy online in future for any camera bodies as the only retailer I have dealt with since 2008 no longer stocks Pentax, well they do stock some Binos. Looks like CRK direct or online.