Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 37 Likes Search this Thread
04-29-2016, 02:24 AM - 1 Like   #271
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by snpsht Quote

I had been on the brink of pressing "BUY" and now I'm very glad I didn't.

I'm over it.
Incredible.

04-29-2016, 02:37 AM   #272
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So much negativity.
OK, maybe CRK are not the world's greatest/most efficient distributors, but we're getting the K-1 soon!
I'd rather not have to wait, but it's still a good time to be a Pentaxian.
04-29-2016, 02:44 AM   #273
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
hmmm, just a matter of days, you frothers!
Nah..I the window for me to pick it up will have closed for a few months unless I totally re-organise my plans. First, expected delivery was to be early April, then mid April, then late April, now mid May.

However, on the upside, the delays will allow me to develop further with the K-3, and decide after reading others' experiences whether the K-1 really is the camera for me. Any early K-1 bugs will be fixed, and some certainty regarding ordering and delivery will come into the system.

Not frothing...just no longer willing/able to schedule my plans around it...too hard...and spin doesn't impress me
04-29-2016, 05:08 AM   #274
Veteran Member

Ricoh seemed to take great pains to do a simultaneous international release, but CRK, hmmm.
Except, you know, for a small market like the USA, where judging from Pentaxforums, no one seems to have received it yet either, Amazon is saying end May etc. And Ricoh distribute directly there.

So it's not just Oz. A totally synchronized global retail release hasn't been possible.

04-29-2016, 06:11 AM   #275
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, I too am a former spin doctor/PR-marketing person/speech writer
I hope the therapy is going well
04-29-2016, 06:28 AM   #276
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This thread seems to have had some therapeutic value, in allowing people to sound off about their disappointment. Hopefully, it'll be a lasting benefit.
04-29-2016, 12:48 PM   #277
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
This thread seems to have had some therapeutic value, in allowing people to sound off about their disappointment. Hopefully, it'll be a lasting benefit.
Our official release date is just one week after the United States.

One of the most popular threads in these forums is 'Why I Will Not Buy a K-3', inspired by the pettiness of the OP who declared he wouldn't purchase what was at that time probably the best APS-C camera in the world ... if it had a Ricoh label on it. The thread is now a daily repository of satire.

Good that it won't happen here, everyone has a sense of proportion about life. We have jobs, family, this is just a hobby, and hobbies are meant to be fun. ☺

Last edited by clackers; 04-29-2016 at 01:24 PM.
04-29-2016, 01:21 PM   #278
Pentaxian

their disappointment

A small delay is nothing, itll be a year at least before I can afford a used K1.It is amusing though to read the comments about(as Clackers says)

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
is just a hobby
04-29-2016, 01:33 PM   #279
Veteran Member

Yeah, I too am a former spin doctor/PR-marketing person/speech writer etc and am inclined to agree with Noel, given the nature of the weasel words and the fact that some o'seas customers already have cameras in hand...Ricoh seemed to take great pains to do a simultaneous international release, but CRK, hmmm.....until a couple of days ago their website said it'd be shipped in April.

I had been on the brink of pressing "BUY" and now I'm very glad I didn't.

I'm over it.
Man, how unreasonable are you. They don't even have the stock yet.

Have you ever imported 800 cameras and lenses into Australia before? I have never once had a container run exactly on time with any of my distributors.

Buy a Nikon.
04-29-2016, 02:00 PM   #280

I hope not many people will go to the event on 10 May, let CRK and digidirect know their strategy is wrong and not fair to Australia Pentaxians.
04-29-2016, 02:16 PM   #281
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kinkindoll Quote
I hope not many people will go to the event on 10 May, let CRK and digidirect know their strategy is wrong and not fair to Australia Pentaxians.
So, you'd rather sabotage a very rare attempt at brand marketing? CRK even told people they were going to try to reach out to retailers on this one, a sort of fence-mending exercise.

Sometimes I think we Pentaxians are our own worst enemy. ☺

Yes, I'm waiting for my preorder, too, BTW ...

Last edited by clackers; 04-29-2016 at 02:25 PM.
04-29-2016, 02:54 PM   #282
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kinkindoll Quote
How is it not fair. The cameras aren't here yet. Would you like them to ship you a box of air perhaps?

People complain when Pentax does no brand awareness, but then you complain when they have a launch night to build the brand. Nobody ever said anywhere that the cameras were shipping after the event. The only thing that they said was that stock was going to be available for purchase on the night, now everybody thinks that stock was theirs and shouldn't be sold on the night.

There is no pleasing the "Australian Pentaxian" apparently, a very entitled attitude.
04-29-2016, 03:09 PM   #283
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Get a grip, chaps…

Pun intended.
04-29-2016, 03:18 PM - 1 Like   #284
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Come on get a grip guys! CRK can only distribute what they get from Pentax itself. Having just lobbed back into Oz a hour or so ago from Japan, it's clear they have one strong market which is Japan itself. So the initial release would want to prioritise the domestic market and yesterday is the start of Japan's Golden Week holiday break which commercially would be a very important date to hit for that market if the number of people in the small suburban Tokyo camera shop I was in yesterday is any indication. At least that's what I would be doing if a commercial manager with Ricoh.

It could be that the Kumanote earthquake is also forcing some production/distribution re-prioritations to be quietly made behind the scene. Sony has an imaging sensor and related componentry plant down there which appears to have taken a hit and there is significant local destruction as well affecting power/utilities and logistics generally. I've seen a report that Canikon are both experiencing production impacts already.

As someone who travelled thru Kumanote just 13 hours before the first quake and had to make alternate plans to get back from southern Kyushu, the impact there is very significant with 200,000 people in temporary shelters in the first few days after the twin quakes. There will be significant uncertainty as to when life will return to some state of normality down there.

I understand that some people might want the new camera before a trip or particular event and be disappointed, but bagging CRK seems unfair. I'm sure they would love to have stock to sell, given the interest in the K-1.
04-29-2016, 03:21 PM   #285
Veteran Member

Get a grip, chaps…

Pun intended.
If it's like the 645z, what a great grip it will be.