Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
it's a killer weight if you chuck it in a backpack - I'm almost 61
No big deal, BTW I'm 31
02-26-2016, 01:14 AM   #123
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
No big deal, BTW I'm 31
Are you saying my age isn't a big deal or the weight?
02-26-2016, 02:59 AM - 1 Like   #124
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you saying my age isn't a big deal or the weight?
Perhaps neither Steve?

I didn't realise you had re-invested in the 55. Be assured its sibling is residing in a loving home.

I was in Kirks again today (I decided I will need the BG6 battery grip as well) and the K-1 was getting rave reviews from the staff. I think I may have added to the situation when I pointed out a few more of the features they didn't know. I have a funny feeling I may have sold a camera to a camera salesman in his own shop

02-26-2016, 03:03 AM   #125
Veteran Member

The FA Limiteds are looking mighty appealing as a light kit (comparatively) on this camera.
My lenses will pretty much stay the same..... so 200g heaveir in the body mostly....(over K3)..... for travel it will just be the FA Ltds with the odd longer lens if the destination warrants....my F*300/4.5 will probally be more useful in this travel role now.
02-26-2016, 03:18 AM   #126
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
Perhaps neither Steve?

I didn't realise you had re-invested in the 55. Be assured its sibling is residing in a loving home.

I was in Kirks again today (I decided I will need the BG6 battery grip as well) and the K-1 was getting rave reviews from the staff. I think I may have added to the situation when I pointed out a few more of the features they didn't know. I have a funny feeling I may have sold a camera to a camera salesman in his own shop
I don't know why I repurchased a couple of lenses that I'd sold. I know I got pretty good prices at the time - I got the FA31 direct from CRK for $810 as an Easter special on Facebook.

It took me awhile to enjoy my Nikons, but even now I still feel I'm a Pentaxian (Pentax Tragic from the 70's) so.... It's hard to let go.

Besides, I don't really like the colour of Nikon's output - overly yellow greens and blues & crappy white balance. I've always preferred the output of my K-5 to be honest.

Last edited by bossa; 02-26-2016 at 03:54 AM.
02-26-2016, 03:58 AM   #127
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Aaaarrrgghh, this is starting to kill me. I can just envisage a K1coupled with an FA31in my life in the future. I need to keep reminding myself that I don't need full frame. But I also have a feeling that resistance is futile.

I'm just pleased beyond words that the K1 is generating so much interest in Pentax

02-26-2016, 04:00 AM   #128
Veteran Member

I reckon a K1 and FA43 will do for 85% of my holiday photos..... cant wait!
02-27-2016, 04:38 AM   #129

Good to know someone in Melbourne will have some demo stock, I don't think that I'd be getting one until I head overseas or the second version comes out, but I'll certainly want to try one out, just in case
My FA31 would make for a nice replacement for my broken DA21 on full frame I would think.

Last edited by dtra; 02-27-2016 at 05:08 AM.
02-28-2016, 03:17 AM   #130
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
Perhaps neither Steve?

Was that Tom? He wont take much persuasion, he likes and uses a Q and definitely has a soft spot for Pentax in general.
03-01-2016, 06:15 AM   #131
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by saladin Quote
Was that Tom? He wont take much persuasion, he likes and uses a Q and definitely has a soft spot for Pentax in general.
Yep, that would be him.
03-02-2016, 11:05 AM   #132
Pentaxian

I don't know why I repurchased a couple of lenses that I'd sold. I know I got pretty good prices at the time - I got the FA31 direct from CRK for $810 as an Easter special on Facebook.

It took me awhile to enjoy my Nikons, but even now I still feel I'm a Pentaxian (Pentax Tragic from the 70's) so.... It's hard to let go.

Besides, I don't really like the colour of Nikon's output - overly yellow greens and blues & crappy white balance. I've always preferred the output of my K-5 to be honest.
The color rendition Pentax cameras made me switch from Nikon. The closest thing to the beautiful color rendition of Pentax was the Fujifilm S3 pro in my view which I still use occasionally.
03-04-2016, 04:21 PM   #133
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I see the AUS Dollar is back up to 74 cents against the Green Back this morning and looks like getting stronger. I wonder if it keeps growing how that will affect the price of the K-1?
03-04-2016, 04:37 PM   #134
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good luck everyone. I sense a 'preference cascade'* to Pentax in the making.
03-04-2016, 08:53 PM   #135
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi all,
I'm thinking to buy a D FA 24-70 lens first for my K-3, before I buy a K-1 later this year, or next version maybe. It's just too big cost to buy both K-1 and this lens together (~A$4800). Maybe when the heat is over I can get better price for K-1, and with 28-105 lens combo.
I found the cheapest online price for D FA 24-70 lens is A$1999 from Pentax Australia web shop, which is not much more than US price of US$1296.
Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated!
David