Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 37 Likes Search this Thread
04-28-2016, 07:44 PM - 1 Like   #256
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Communication from CRK a few minutes ago:

"Hi Sandy, very happy for you to confirm. There is a lot of rumours circulating at the moment with very little truth to them.
We are trying to be patient ourselves.
As I am sure you can understand we do not wish to make any guarantees to certain days as the shipping date gets very close.
Pre-ordered stock is the priority - it will be shipped out on a chronological basis when stock arrives!"

Just relax. They are doing their best. It will happen

04-28-2016, 07:47 PM   #257
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Communication from CRK a few minutes ago:

"Hi Sandy, very happy for you to confirm. There is a lot of rumours circulating at the moment with very little truth to them.
We are trying to be patient ourselves.
As I am sure you can understand we do not wish to make any guarantees to certain days as the shipping date gets very close.
Pre-ordered stock is the priority - it will be shipped out on a chronological basis when stock arrives!"

Just relax. They are doing their best. It will happen

Thanks Sandy. Now I can enjoy my weekend even if it is without a K-1.

04-28-2016, 08:24 PM   #258
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
You could go to the party and walk up and down the footpath outside wearing one of those protest sandwich boards, Noel! ☺
I think it is important for relevant people to understand the consequences of the transparent environment that we all operate in these days, including how their actions can be perceived within the market place (subsequently impacting the perception of their brand).
04-28-2016, 08:28 PM - 1 Like   #259
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
I think it is important for relevant people to understand the consequences of the transparent environment that we all operate in these days, including how their actions can be perceived within the market place (subsequently impacting the perception of their brand).
Lots of syllables in this post, Noel, equalling lots of anger.

You're ropeable! ☺

04-28-2016, 08:33 PM - 1 Like   #260
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Lots of syllables in this post, Noel, equalling lots of anger.

You're ropeable! ☺
I've been retired for on 6 years now...... so chilled out....
04-28-2016, 09:52 PM   #261
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, I can confirm that the K-1 is on sale today in Tokyo. Just saw one go out the door at a camera shop I was visiting and another was sitting on their display shelves.

Today is the start of Golden Week here which is an important holiday period in Japan. So a well timed release for the local market.

Been good presales advertising for the K-1 over here. Generally a large cardboard sign fairly prominently displayed in most of the larger stores and a nice glossly multi-page brochure for the interested to take. Which I did, but being in Japanese, I can only get a broad overview of the marketing messages.
04-28-2016, 10:26 PM   #262
Veteran Member

Anyway..... the story I got from the store I ordered mine from is consistent with CRK not doing much until after the 10th..... no matter how one packages up the words. I'd like to be wrong on this off course!

Looks like no 14th May K-1 Goolwa Party is possible for me.

Last edited by noelpolar; 04-28-2016 at 10:31 PM.
04-28-2016, 10:50 PM   #263
Forum Member

This is reply I got from Pentax Australia Facebook page 20 min ago: "At this stage we are waiting for shipment to land - the pre-ordered units are the priority and will be shipped chronologically from first order"
At least the messages from CRK/Pentax Aus are consistent today...
04-28-2016, 11:00 PM   #264
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by David L Quote
This is reply I got from Pentax Australia Facebook page 20 min ago: "At this stage we are waiting for shipment to land - the pre-ordered units are the priority and will be shipped chronologically from first order"
At least the messages from CRK/Pentax Aus are consistent today...
Yep, message is constant with not much happening until after the 10th. No doubt they've got the key talking points scripted now and disseminated to staff.

Plenty of time for them dawdle around next week preparing shipments for dispatch consistent with their scripted words .... blah blah.....again, I'd like to be wrong on this off course!

Ok....enough from me..... time to just accept medocrity from another Australian business...... I will slink back to jealously reading offshore peoples posts about their K-1's for the next couple of weeks.

Last edited by noelpolar; 04-28-2016 at 11:10 PM.
04-28-2016, 11:30 PM   #265

I am very disappointed with CRK this time. They hold up all stocks till the launch event with digidirect. I told CRK it is not fair to our Pentaxian whom pre ordered in the mid of Feb. Anyway, nothing we can do and wait till 10 May. UK and other asian countries already shipped the order.
04-29-2016, 12:41 AM   #266
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just got off the phone with Kirks. Their mail from CRK is 'about ten days'. That happens to co-inside with the launch date. It's quite disappointing that CRK seem to have had a delivery from Japan very recently, (he told me another story which indicates a recent delivery) but they are holding on to the K-1.
04-29-2016, 01:00 AM   #267
Veteran Member

As I understand it...the CRK note above from Sandy suggests that any pre-orders that CRK are aware of (ie those made direct to CRK, and those made to CRK via dealers) will be processed independently of the general release of the camera. Once CRK open the shipping container from Ricoh, the pre-orders will be shipped out in the order they were received in, and all pre-orders will likely go out before the 10 May launch event (and general availability of the camera in stores).

But a watched pot never boils...
04-29-2016, 01:10 AM - 1 Like   #268
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
As I understand it...the CRK note above from Sandy suggests that any pre-orders that CRK are aware of (ie those made direct to CRK, and those made to CRK via dealers) will be processed independently of the general release of the camera. Once CRK open the shipping container from Ricoh, the pre-orders will be shipped out in the order they were received in, and all pre-orders will likely go out before the 10 May launch event (and general availability of the camera in stores).

But a watched pot never boils...
The pre orders (most) would be via retailers........ so a retailer would either get it's allocation or not...... CRK wouldn't even know what percentage of a stores/chains allocation would have been pre ordered by us (the Retailer's customer).......I think some are confusing a stores "pre" orders to CRK with their personal order.

The idea that CRK did a deal with Digi has at no stage been refuted..... if untrue it most probally would have been. The words quoted so far are appeasing weasel words that say nothing..... acknowledging rumors, but then trivialising them is a way of side stepping the truth.... (the casual way they say they are trying to be patient is a similar construct... gee poor fellows, just like us)........I am a retired black belt at stringing those phrases together.

Most likely they will start their lesurely stock receipt processing and begin to prepare orders later next week on..... (to retailers).... dispatch the following week at best ( in chrono order....ha ha). The store I communicated with suggested the 16th.....as the beginning of their process.

So to sum up.... CRK will have the stock early next week with the release of the Cameras held over for the Sydney function as per the CRK and Digi special arrangement....."Always with you"... at CRK's pleasure.

Personally, I think this lands the K-1 about a week later into our hands then it could have been..... thats all.

Man, I have never typed so much in a post in my life..... I struggle to accept organisation spin these days....ahhh... back to the River for me.....

Ahh...that's better......

Last edited by noelpolar; 04-29-2016 at 05:29 AM.
04-29-2016, 02:14 AM   #269
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, I too am a former spin doctor/PR-marketing person/speech writer etc and am inclined to agree with Noel, given the nature of the weasel words and the fact that some o'seas customers already have cameras in hand...Ricoh seemed to take great pains to do a simultaneous international release, but CRK, hmmm.....until a couple of days ago their website said it'd be shipped in April.

I had been on the brink of pressing "BUY" and now I'm very glad I didn't.

I'm over it.
04-29-2016, 02:15 AM   #270
Pentaxian

hmmm, just a matter of days, you frothers!