Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2016, 06:39 PM   #1
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I noticed availability is getting pushed back.

I noticed that B&H says 4-22 and Adorama says 5-15 now on K1 availability. I hope that is availability for new orders, and I hope that since I ordered about an hour after it was announced that I get it in the first wave of shipments from B&H, which was 4-5.

Since this is the first camera I've preordered I wanted to know from those of you who have preordered in the past, is this normal? Is the availability date moving due to allowances for certain times already being filled? Should those of us who jumped on it right away still expect to get them sooner?

02-24-2016, 06:55 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Should those of us who jumped on it right away still expect to get them sooner?
You might want to ask the good folk at B&H.

Steve
02-24-2016, 06:55 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I noticed that B&H says 4-22 and Adorama says 5-15 now on K1 availability. I hope that is availability for new orders, and I hope that since I ordered about an hour after it was announced that I get it in the first wave of shipments from B&H, which was 4-5.

Since this is the first camera I've preordered I wanted to know from those of you who have preordered in the past, is this normal? Is the availability date moving due to allowances for certain times already being filled? Should those of us who jumped on it right away still expect to get them sooner?
I think that's mainly a rough estimate. The camera will come when it comes, which is usually about 4-6 weeks after the announcement

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-24-2016, 08:01 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I ordered when it said April 5th but my expectation was/is that the date was only a rough estimate and subject to change. It will ship when it ships and B&H has no control over that. Lots of things that could hold us up even at this late date.

02-25-2016, 08:07 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Given the 70-200 debacle I have no intention of pre ordering.

It will arrive some time but I'm not committing to buy in advance.
02-25-2016, 10:38 AM   #6
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ohh, I am still keeping my preorder. I simply hope it doesn't end up like the Sigma 18-35 f/1.8 did for me. That took forever!
02-25-2016, 10:48 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've had mixed luck pre-ordering things, but I would expect a company like B&H to fill the orders in the approximate order received (with maybe a few special, late-ordering customers jumping ahead).

I would also expect them to ship the cameras as soon as they get them unless Ricoh has insisted otherwise. It makes customers happy and gets them their money faster...

But I've known plenty of companies to be less than rigorous about the number of items coming in vs the number sold, so while I'm hoping it's on time, I won't rely on that estimate...

Still, if anyone heard anything, I'd like to know

-Eric

02-25-2016, 12:39 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I called Adorama today, and have been told that the delivery time is estimate.
Makes sense, it's hard to imagine that BH and Adorama will have delivery a month apart
02-25-2016, 02:07 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Makes sense, it's hard to imagine that BH and Adorama will have delivery a month apart
Or even know for sure the date. Customs can hold things up for weeks, even months. Last year I had vendors with containers on the water for months due to the dock strike and then customs had to catch up, and then there was a shortage of trucks to move the containers because everything came in at once.
No one on the receiving end has any control over delivery dates.
02-26-2016, 02:08 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Me, and i guess other ambassadors, will get K-1 with finished firmware from first shipment. So when we get them, you'l know the shipment has started. A good indicator
02-26-2016, 03:01 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Me, and i guess other ambassadors, will get K-1 with finished firmware from first shipment. So when we get them, you'l know the shipment has started. A good indicator
If I understand well kenspo you are not allowed to publish any sample photos or impressions from the current pre-production models. Is that right?
02-26-2016, 03:06 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I can talk about what i think..That i already have..But not allowed to publish anything yet
02-26-2016, 03:13 AM   #13
Pentaxian

I can talk about what i think..That i already have..
Where? Must have missed your post(s)!
02-26-2016, 03:26 AM   #14
Veteran Member

They are somewhere in this forum..lol..and on Facebook!

But short version: A few minor things that I'm not trilled about, that is the sync and fps, but i'll manage to get around those. On the positive side, i could write a book..haha! Sensor is amazing..the quality..details..High ISO is very nice! 2-3 stops over K-3II at least. The new wheels are brilliant. Focus is another level from what I'm used to (with Pentax that is) + + +

So i can't wait to get a couple of K-1's in my workbag!!!
02-26-2016, 03:40 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A few minor things that I'm not trilled about, that is the sync and fps
fps isn't THAT bad, is it? - the only 36mp dslr faster is the D810 - and that isn't much faster at 5fps - (also Canon 5Ds -s faster AND 50mp - but again only 5fps) - or are you saying you don't get 4.4fps in real world shooting?

Last edited by ffking; 02-26-2016 at 03:52 AM.