Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-29-2016, 07:55 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Crops and corresponding grids in de VF. Priority to the VF grids for me.

Reason: I am a square crop fan so in my K-3II I have a KatzEye with a custom grid for 1:1 crop. I import in LR, crop the first image and then sync all others to that first image's crop settings. Hence, for most images, once they are on my computer I never see what's outside the 1:1 crop. Thanks to the grid this works flawless and the end result is exactly what I intended. Not having the grid in a K-1 would make it much harder to frame my images for me.

A very selfish reason perhaps, but Pentax should at least offer the grid layouts it previously offered as replaceable screens IMHO.

Wim

02-29-2016, 10:19 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
+2 on the different color for focus peaking. Too much white out there. But maybe color isn't possible; only gray scale?

And on a related note, I'd like to see some better post processing software. Right now the DCU is rotten with pixel shift images, and in general quite beneath the quality of the cameras. And the mobile app for wifi seems to be quite hideous. Rather inexcusable from a company that could produce pixel shift and Astrotracer. Maybe they should just license some open source stuff like dcraw and built a GUI.

And a completely user-selectable crop would be pretty innovative; it could mask movement outside of parts of the sensor and speed up bursts, as well as minimize files sizes for stuff like pixel shift.
02-29-2016, 01:52 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Oakland Rob Quote
+2 on the different color for focus peaking. Too much white out there. But maybe color isn't possible; only gray scale?
Yes.. as long as there is an easier way to notice where the focus is at bright scenarios any color besides white/black could work.. there are some cameras that let you pick that and is very usefull for manual focus, and pentax have A LOT of manual focus glass.

Also another thing that could be nice to have is like a "digital close up zoom" when manual focusing, i think that this feature can help a lot of macro photographers, and perhaps it can be controlled with the new dial wheel to zoom in or zoom out.
02-29-2016, 01:56 PM   #19
Pentaxian

A simple request: expand the button customization options for the Fx1/Fx2 buttons (as well as, perhaps, the K-1 ISO, EV compensation, AE-L, and 'Lock' buttons). It seems like Fx1/Fx2 will only let you map the buttons to one of about 5 items. Allow them to be re-mapped to about 20 optional menu items - eg like the 'non-pro' Nikon D610:

02-29-2016, 02:21 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok, it's not just a K-1 thing (I put this out at every opportunity) but wouldn't it possible to enable SEL focus when using manual focus lenses?
02-29-2016, 04:45 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
SEL focus
Sorry, but.. what SEL stands for??
02-29-2016, 04:48 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
Sorry, but.. what SEL stands for??
It's one of the AF modes: spot focus Select focus, and...um...the other one I never use.
02-29-2016, 04:51 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
It's one of the AF modes: spot focus Select focus, and...um...the other one I never use.
ohh ok ok ok.. my bad.. yes now i know what you mean..

02-29-2016, 07:13 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
ohh ok ok ok.. my bad.. yes now i know what you mean..
Yeah, so is there any good technical reason we can't select the focus point when using manual focus lenses the way we can using AF lenses? Can I have an "Amen?"
03-01-2016, 08:20 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
How can you ask for improvement when version 1 of the software is not out yet , it's still beta.
The latest K-1 images shot in Tibet are V.1

Processing software K-1 Ver.1.00(in-body RAW data development)

Sample Image? PENTAX K-1 | RICOH IMAGING
03-02-2016, 03:14 AM   #26

Remove the electronic SR in movie mode and go back to the sensor-shift SR like K7.
Pentax europe statement is that all Pentax cameras uses sensor-shift SR in movie mode. Why are they lying?
Here is my thread about the issue:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/254921-k-3-movie-sr-issue-3.html

If they do this, I will buy the K1.
Else I will dig a deep grave and buy a Sony A7S II.
03-03-2016, 01:45 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Another idea that i read at a FB group post... AF Assist lamp that can be always enable, so for example now (with K3, etc, models) we have 2 settings, AF Assist ON/OFF and the camera messures if there is enough contrast to focus or if the AF assist lamp needs to be turned on in order to do it.. maybe there can be another settings where the camera always use the AF assist lamp no matter if there is enough contrast... I see this setting usefull at weddings that are at dim places, also indoor events, etc.. so the camera can have a better and faster focus time at this kind of places.. and in case that we dont want to use always the assist lamp, it can be turned OFF or to the Auto mode..... just another idea that could be eventually be nice.
03-03-2016, 10:34 AM   #28
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
The K3 has autofocus in video mode. It is cdaf, so not spectacular.
It does?!!! Haven't shot video since the K-5...once.
03-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter

There is a video of Pentaxever.com . There they talk about crop 1: 1

Last edited by Crooski; 03-03-2016 at 12:30 PM. Reason: type fault
03-03-2016, 04:30 PM   #30
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Crooski Quote
There they talk about crop 1: 1
This was apparently in early firmware versions but removed on later ones. I believe I saw one post from someone with a version 1.0 that said it is not there.