Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2016, 11:32 PM   #16

a) What about the K-3's frantic mirror flapping issue, is it present in the K-1?

b) Which non-full frame lenses can still cover the FF circle?

c) [more to come]

03-03-2016, 11:44 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Where is the menu setting to turn real sensor shake reduction back on for video?

How do I keep focus peaking working once I start recording video?

Where do I turn in the pro video mode that has larger file sizes, but which prioritises high video quality.

Where do I turn off the image cropping in video mode, even when I turn 'Movie SR' off?
03-04-2016, 12:23 AM   #18

What size of battery does it use can I use my batteries from the K-3?
03-04-2016, 01:36 AM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

Q) Does Video Mode suck. A) Yes,..... Job done..

Also, to add to Richard's more indepth version,..

Does the HDMI output come in a recordable quality, with no overlay, in the frame size and frame rate that is selected to record in internally?

03-04-2016, 01:42 AM   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

The Angry Videographers get their say! 😁
03-04-2016, 03:38 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some questions:
a) Is the focusing screen interchangeable?
b) How acurate is focuspeaking/focus guidance with an F/1.2 lens?
c) is it possible to use K and M lenses withouth stopping down, like M42 lenses in AV-Mode?
d) does the K-1 come in gunmetal and silver too?
e) how effective is SR with lenses 500mm+?
f) how long can I shoot continously with fast SD-Cards inserted?
g)...
03-04-2016, 06:28 AM   #22

Photos: Gallery
- How do I switch the camera on?
- What button do I press to start recording a movie?
- When will the firmware update enabling 5-axis sensor stabilisation in Movie Mode, 50/60 fps in 1080p, clean HDMi out, C-Log profile and 4:2:2 color space be available?
- Is there a God?

03-04-2016, 10:15 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi all forum members,

Thank you for your contributions.

Just to keep things in focus a bit, remember that the intention of this thread is to try and see things from the perspective of the non-Pentax user, whom we assume might be quite uninformed about Pentax.

Said individual may at this very moment be wanting to understand more about Pentax gear and system, with the launch of the K-1 having drawn widespread attention.

We can also assume that said person may quite possibly enter the system soon. They may be committed to some other system already, or maybe not; they may be pro, or enthusiast.

So this FAQ is meant to be a one-stop resource to assist such people.

Thanks again, all.

Last edited by KDAFA; 03-04-2016 at 10:20 AM.
03-05-2016, 02:46 AM - 1 Like   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
The Angry Videographers get their say!
Try 'Repeatedly Disappointed',..

QuoteOriginally posted by marq Quote
- What button do I press to start recording a movie?
- When will the firmware update enabling 5-axis sensor stabilisation in Movie Mode, 50/60 fps in 1080p, clean HDMi out, C-Log profile and 4:2:2 color space be available?
- Is there a God?
This one <points> ,

Probably never & Log really needs 4:4:4, but with the way Pentax retains the -15% IRE to +125%IRE, Log isn't really needed.

Yes, he lives in Sunbury, Australia, I have his email address to prove it.

QuoteOriginally posted by KDAFA Quote
Just to keep things in focus a bit, remember that the intention of this thread is to try and see things from the perspective of the non-Pentax user, whom we assume might be quite uninformed about Pentax.
Which is why they need all the warnings they can get if they're going to shoot more video then be a 'stills only' luddite.

The best advice to potential Pentax Videographers and Cinematographers, is find a second hand K-5 if you already have Pentax lenses.
03-19-2016, 08:35 AM   #25

K1,MANUAL lens

It gives a possibility K1 using MANUAL lens to choose the focus point?
05-15-2016, 09:58 AM   #26
Veteran Member

I have two questions for the K-1 faq

1) is it possible to program the small top display to light up when the shutter is half pressed? (I think my K5 II did this and was really convenient)
2) is it possible to switch the rotation direction of the third wheel? Somehow it feels unnatural to use it on ISO and then turn the wheel left to increase the ISO and right to decrease it...

thanks.
05-15-2016, 12:47 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Installing DCU without CD-ROM

i5_David, I guess it depends on perspective... To me, I think I turn the wheel left to decrease ISO.. depends on how you orient yourself to the wheel :^)

I would like to know how to install DCU without a CD player.. On the website, I see only updates to DCU but no application itself.

Do I have to add 'CD-ROM drive' to the list of stuff I must purchase to use K-1 :^(

+ I got an answer to my question on DPR at ... how do I install DCU ??: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Here were additional notes I added to the post:

I extracted the 64-bit updater file from the ZIP I got from the Pentax website.

I dumped this on an old 1 MB SD card in reader. I put it in the root or the right in the drive letter folder (no sub-folder).

I did not format the card but just renamed it S-SW160 by right-clicking on the drive letter in the file browser. The card still had other files on it.

Everything worked fine, thanks

Last edited by Tan68; 05-15-2016 at 01:06 PM.