Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2016, 03:58 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Not according to the latest 2016 Pentax lenses and accessories catalogue [PDF, 15MB], which explicitly flags it as an APS-C product ...

I think, however, that Ricoh may be too cautious about whether the DA 1.4 TC will produce good results on FF. In real life, it probably will do OK under most conditions and settings, I suspect.
Clearly answered. It is with vignetting.

https://youtu.be/gSxy6WhianY?t=2m53s

03-02-2016, 05:27 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Well, it's 5-axis now (compensating for roll) ...
Hasn't SR always been compensating for roll? It's just Olympus that's been making "5-axis" a big deal lately?

Regards,
--Anders.
03-02-2016, 08:01 AM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the pdf file rawr, is there one that translates to English? Would be nice to read and download, print.
03-02-2016, 09:13 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by asp1880 Quote
Hasn't SR always been compensating for roll? It's just Olympus that's been making "5-axis" a big deal lately?

Regards,
--Anders.
That must be, because GPS unit will be also used for 'panning' the shot'. So it can calculate movements even better that that.

03-02-2016, 10:34 AM   #20
Unregistered User

I have no problem with the combo and SR but I think the IQ suffers alot.
03-02-2016, 10:56 AM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by asp1880 Quote

Regards,
--Anders.
According to the press release, SR II is new. The CP+ stand marketed it as "the world's first five-axis stabilization with up to 5 stops of compensation". Perhaps the horizontal and vertical shift compensation is new, rather than roll.

QuoteQuote:
In-body SR mechanism to assure optimal shake reduction performance with all compatible lenses: The K-1 comes equipped with the PENTAX-developed SR II (Shake Reduction II) five-axis mechanism that enables accurate control of the large full-frame image sensor with all compatible PENTAX interchangeable lenses.* In addition to camera shake caused by pitch and yaw, this new system is also designed to effectively compensate for camera shake caused by horizontal and vertical shift (often generated in macro photography) and camera shake caused by roll, which is difficult to deal with by lens-installed shake reduction mechanisms. It has a compensation range of as much as five shutter steps — the widest of all PENTAX digital SLR models — to expand the limits of handheld shooting. Even when taking a panning shot, this system automatically detects the direction of the camera’s movement, and efficiently controls the SR unit to always produce the best image possible without requiring any mode switching operation.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-07-2016, 08:37 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tduell Quote
OK, I use a similar technique when possible, but that doesn't always suit when bird shooting.
How high a shutter speed do you reckon you need? I can't see any exif attached to that moon shot.

Cheers,
Terry
Terry I find min 1000sec is needed for BIF with that combo,1600 sec is best,its heavy so I use a monopod when possible(if birds are not overhead)
the moon shot is not sharp at all..you know for birds we want all feather details also I think the 17. AF TC is sharper than 1.4.not so happy with IQ,find its better to crop...
BUt do hope K1 5 axis works better maybe 2 stops if were lucky..as in body SR & tele are not the best, but the 150-450 is made for FF..so exciting to see ...

03-07-2016, 09:15 PM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
Terry I find min 1000sec is needed for BIF with that combo,1600 sec is best,its heavy so I use a monopod when possible(if birds are not overhead)
the moon shot is not sharp at all..you know for birds we want all feather details also I think the 17. AF TC is sharper than 1.4.not so happy with IQ,find its better to crop...
BUt do hope K1 5 axis works better maybe 2 stops if were lucky..as in body SR & tele are not the best, but the 150-450 is made for FF..so exciting to see ...
Part of the question is how do we define SR as "working"? In general, as you implied, photographers are much fussier than we were in the days of film. I use the term "needle sharp" because we've become so demanding these days; in other words, the sharpness bar is much much higher than in was in the days when Kodachrome 25 defined "sharp".