Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
03-04-2016, 01:02 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the hands-on report. A minor point, but did you notice if we can switch which card slot we record to with a switch somehow? Right now we need to take out the one we don't want to record to, turn the camera off and back on. A bit kludgy for 2016.

03-04-2016, 02:19 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Thanks for the hands-on report. A minor point, but did you notice if we can switch which card slot we record to with a switch somehow? Right now we need to take out the one we don't want to record to, turn the camera off and back on. A bit kludgy for 2016.
Was not able to use my own memory card. Therefore never got to the specifics of memory settings. However I have no recollection of a switch like this. It may be somewhere in the menus.
03-04-2016, 03:33 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Got to handle the K1 in a local store here in Edmonton, and on the viewfinder I have to saw I quite liked it. I'd like to see a few different types of grids added but over all really liked it. When setting it to AFC and trying it out the focus point it's switching to while tracking is illustrated by a black square. On bright objects it was fine, but not sure how helpful it'll be on busy subjects or low light. I'm hoping within the menu you can revert it to the red dot like previous bodies. If not it's definitely not a deal breaker, it is a really nice view finder. The who grid almost has a quick red pulse effect when it first initiates focus and beeps. Not sure if that makes sense.
03-05-2016, 12:11 PM - 1 Like   #19

Got it in my hands today.
Liked ergonomics very much. Yes, it is big "boy", but not too big, everything seems to be the in right place. Built like a tank, no plastic...
In the menu system I was immidiately at "home". Easy as Pentax can be.
Light metering seems to be good in automode, took some pics towards bright light, when people were standing in front of them, and it did not underexpose them, in fact skincolour was quite nice, and the lights did not "burn", so I think that dynamics are ok too?. Ofcourse, you can not tell with short indoor test, but this was a pre production model, so I'm expecting quite high performance product...
One thing that I liked very much, was that it showed the used focuspoints in the live view when pressing trigger.
Articulating screen felt very sturdy,
Now the only problem is, how do I justify purchasing this to my better half...

You can choose which card to use in the menu.

03-05-2016, 12:42 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A minor point, but did you notice if we can switch which card slot we record to with a switch somehow?
the button just above the 4-way controller is the same as the K-3 button for changing cards
03-05-2016, 02:24 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

@ffking - that button on my K-3 only switches playback mode between cards, it does not control which slot gets written to. Glad to hear it is at least a menu item now.