Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
03-16-2016, 05:55 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote

Mrs Rupert is too! She said it is about time I get a Pro camera and become a Pro.......it is the camera that makes it....right?

Regards!
Pro's are renown for mistreating their equipment Rupert....... so you're well on your way......

---------- Post added 17-03-16 at 11:29 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
"If I just had the new FF 70-200 2.8 and the new 150-450, you would see that I can reach Pro status in no time!!! "

Gotta think ahead.....

Regards!
It's definitely gotta be the new FF 70-200 2.8 that will do it........ (tried the 150-450..... only difference is in my biceps)

03-16-2016, 08:15 PM   #62
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Do what I'm doing. I'm getting a K1 because it's shiny, not because it's going to do anything grand for my picture taking.
Hey Wheatfield!.....good to see you! Haven't seen you in ages. Shiny is good enough....not many here would bet I will improve my shooting abilities with the K1....and they would be right! Still, a little new fun is always good to lift the spirit, in particular after the crash of my beloved K5IIs.

Best Regards! (No "Beast" Regards like the bad old days!....thank goodness!)
03-17-2016, 05:19 AM   #63
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Disagree all you like, you are wrong.

Technical perfection is all well and good, but if the concept is fuzzy, the picture will fail.
An excellent image will overcome many technical flaws if it is compelling enough.
Most of Cartier-Bresson's images are proof of this.

---------- Post added 03-16-16 at 06:46 PM ----------

Do what I'm doing. I'm getting a K1 because it's shiny, not because it's going to do anything grand for my picture taking.

EDIT:

Added some thoughts:::

"You are wrong." Vao...

Thank you for pointing that out Mr Wheatfield but I was not talking about technical perfection. But yes, if shooting landscapes perfection may be needed. As always it depends but what it boils down to is that if you have no skill a better camera will not help you make better photographs but if you do have the skill a better camera may help you on the way to perfection, whatever your kind of photography is.

If it was not so, I wonder why some people buy a 645Z or a Hasselblad or why some people still use 4x5 or 8x10 cameras...

Last edited by Unregistered User; 03-17-2016 at 10:55 AM.