Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2016, 08:25 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Might Have Local Store Carrying Pentax

Stopped by Wolf Camera today was talking to salesman he mentioned they just got a new flyer in with K-1 and the new lens they are about to have major remodel and he seems to think they are going to start carrying Pentax again saw the flyer same prices as B&H and Adorama.

03-06-2016, 08:43 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sounds like good news!

Sadly our only Wolf / Ritz shop, Camera World, closed in January. According to their Facebook page they were the last on the west coast. The Wolf website still lists them as open, strangely.
03-06-2016, 08:59 PM   #3
Imp
Pentaxian

Had a ritz in Maryland as well, they shut down a while ago.
03-06-2016, 09:02 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
We had a Ritz also at one time it closed Wolf is the only camera store left in the Birmingham Al. area

03-06-2016, 09:10 PM   #5
Forum Member

doesnt make sense to have b&m anymore. inventory doesnt move quick enough to keep up with the times while having relevant samples on hand so ppl can actually get a feel for them and with so many reviews out there most people make their decisions based on that rather than personal experience. canikon can survive in best buys, targets, costcos, and bj's because they have enough volume moving it seems. but that might not even be the case. i was surprised target had k50's at one point. im really surprised to see those stores aside from best buy having cameras >1000$ in stock. seems like a poor marketing decision to me. who buys a 1000$ camera from a target?
03-06-2016, 09:14 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Samy's Camera here in Los Angeles is advertising the K-1 on their website with the MSRP $1799.95 but says the in-store price may vary.
03-06-2016, 09:42 PM   #7
Forum Member

hoping to move to la soon so itd be cool if they had one in store i could hold and dream about.
03-06-2016, 10:33 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by elementdtlop Quote
... who buys a 1000$ camera from a target?
Those with store credit? I was thinking on buy a Canon or Nikon camera before even know about Pentax, the only reason im not a Nikon guy is because SamsClub dont have the camera (a D3200 or similar) the day i was decided to bring a camera home... That because i have credit directly with the store, i can see people buying a +1000usd camera on BestBuy or Target if that way they dont use the CC of their bank.

03-07-2016, 10:56 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by elementdtlop Quote
...who buys a 1000$ camera from a target?
Ametuers or gift-givers with plenty of money to spend who want to buy a nice camera and think 'more money' = 'nicer camera' = 'professional quality pictures'.

I know a few people who bought a DSLR so they would have a 'nice camera' to 'take really good pictures' of their kids, but the camera ends up sitting there most of the time while they use their phone or point-n-shoot since it's more convenient. (And if they do bring it out for Christmas or birthdays, they put it on Auto mode.)

Sometimes these are the same people who spend loads of cash on pro-level outfits at Dick's sporting goods because they think the Nike logo and spandex will make them burn more calories when they go for their weekly power walk around the block.
03-07-2016, 02:20 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Samy's Camera here in Los Angeles is advertising the K-1 on their website with the MSRP $1799.95 but says the in-store price may vary.
If you call the store in advance, they will usually match their advertised web price. Occasionally the salesperson is "too busy" to check smaller items like CPLs ($75ish). I have about an 80% success rate.