Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2016, 08:54 AM   #76
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Adam, I have not seen any answers about crop mode. Did you get the chance to ask about it? At least a hack to get 1:1 and 4:3 in camera would be fantastic.

03-13-2016, 10:30 PM   #77
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
Adam, any word of a FF Teleconverter. For a camera of this level I would think that a converter is considered critical for a lot of shooters. Now that we have the 1.4 converter working well for the DA lenses would be nice to have one for the FF as well.
No information on this, though it will be interesting to see how the DA TC performs with various FF lenses.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentor Quote
Adam, I have not seen any answers about crop mode. Did you get the chance to ask about it? At least a hack to get 1:1 and 4:3 in camera would be fantastic.
We discussed this earlier in this thread, or in the CP+ thread. The only crop modes are 1.5x and FF, likely because of the fact the the viewfinder doesn't have frames for other formats.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-13-2016, 10:39 PM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
Glad to hear it went well Adam! I'm looking forward to the responses.

I was too slow to get my pet question asked: can we have control over minimum shutter speed before ISO bump in Av mode instead of having just "slow", "normal", and "fast"? TAv mode is not an alternative. Just put minimum shutter speed on the front dial please!
Adam, any chance you asked about this? I know it's arcane, but I think it would be popular once people got to try it.
03-13-2016, 11:06 PM - 1 Like   #79
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
Adam, any chance you asked about this? I know it's arcane, but I think it would be popular once people got to try it.
I did, Dan said he's make note of it, but that it wasn't a feature that anyone else had suggested previously.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-14-2016, 07:02 AM   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I did, Dan said he's make note of it, but that it wasn't a feature that anyone else had suggested previously.
Cool, maybe it'll get some traction, thanks Adam!
03-14-2016, 08:00 AM   #81

I would like to see a viewfinder shutter for Studio work instead of that little piece you slide on the viewfinder.
03-14-2016, 08:29 AM   #82

The above raises a good question-
1) Is the present Pentax digital design and construction subject to light leak between the sensor and eye piece during exposure in mirror lock up mode?
2) Is the presence of the flash hot shoe cover important for water splash or dust protection?

* I find I'm habitually grabbing my camera out of my bag with my thumb on the hot shoe cover which causes it to slide off. So I often realize too late that it is missing when in the field.

03-14-2016, 11:55 AM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BCtoad Quote
I would like to see a viewfinder shutter for Studio work instead of that little piece you slide on the viewfinder.
I had one of those on a camera once (Ricoh XR2s). It was indeed handy sometimes, but then after a rought trip in a camera bag, the viewfinder shutter mechanism got stuck open and would no longer work. Fixing it would involve removing the whole top plate of the camera. Luckily, it wasn't stuck shut, so I could ignore it. Now I appreciate the low-tech solution of a simple viewfinder cap. Less to go wrong.
QuoteOriginally posted by One3rdEV Quote
1) Is the present Pentax digital design and construction subject to light leak between the sensor and eye piece during exposure in mirror lock up mode?
2) Is the presence of the flash hot shoe cover important for water splash or dust protection?
(1) Light leaks when using the viewfinder cap seem non-existant during MLU, long exposures etc with recent Pentaxes. I've never heard any reports of any issues.

(2) The hot shoe cover does make a contribution to camera WR. It adds another seal, essentially, over the hot shoe terminals. In a Pentax manual somewhere, I recall seeing a recommendation to leave it on to help WR.
03-14-2016, 12:14 PM   #84
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

K2DMD had that feature.
03-14-2016, 01:27 PM   #85
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hello Adam.. question.. did they said something about the Focus Peaking colors?? that would be really nice for manual focus with old glass at different situations..
03-14-2016, 04:54 PM   #86
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
Hello Adam.. question.. did they said something about the Focus Peaking colors?? that would be really nice for manual focus with old glass at different situations..
This is a suggestion that's been made to the product team a number of times. I wouldn't be surprised to see an improved focus peaking mode in future models

Adam

03-14-2016, 05:49 PM   #87

Adam, any word on this?

QuoteOriginally posted by Bromberger Quote
On any Pentax camera, when you are looking at photos on the back screen and zoom in, it zooms into the center of the image and you have to manually scroll to the area where your focus was. Cameras from other manufacturers directly zoom into the location of the focus point used, which makes sense for checking focus. Have they finally implemented this on the K-1?