Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2016, 10:31 PM - 1 Like   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-1 @ WPPI

I'll be meeting up with Ricoh at WPPI tomorrow, so holler if you guys have any questions you'd like me to ask.

Also, is anyone else from the forum attending?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-06-2016, 10:40 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Ask them if they will give me a free K1. I promise I will test it out.
03-06-2016, 10:46 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Adam, please ask them if they intend to ever make a full frame digital camera that has electronic first curtain shutter on the "mirror up" and "live view" modes.

Thanks
03-06-2016, 10:46 PM - 1 Like   #4

1. Will they make a PK mount adapter with auto-focusing for DFA 645 lenses?
2. working with Zeiss to release Otus lenses with PK mount?

03-06-2016, 11:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

How first orders are going, the sales of the K1 are the expected? There will be enough stock or virusn3t is going to wait for the second shipment of cameras?

What actions are Ricoh taking to prevent the K3II problems in the K1?

Are they working in make possible the use of PixelShift with flashlight or strobes?

Are we going to see a plugin for thethering like the one of the 645z?

Is there a zebra pattern for the focus peaking? If not, why not?

Are we going to see more lenses with licensed optics? New Pentax lenses with an original optic formula? Are they going to bring old lenses with up to date characteristics like the FA*85 or FA*200macro.
03-06-2016, 11:03 PM   #6

Hi Adam, guess, enough questions about K-1 have piled up, but what about a/ further development plans of the Q-System and b/ K3II Mk2.. as this is probably what quite a few folks are also waiting for. Thanks in advance!
03-06-2016, 11:13 PM   #7

Three questions:
1. How much testing in the field was involved with the K1? Compared with (say) the K3 and K3ii?
2. How confident is Ricoh with the life of their retractable LCD display? Is it weather proof when the display is extended, for example?
3. What is the prospect of FF-Mirrorless variant?

03-06-2016, 11:15 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Some could interpret from the M series to the FA and DA series lenses, particularly in the Limited Series, that keeping the lenses compact was something Pentax users often appreciated. In an era where in lens motors and weather sealing is more common, is that still a goal of Pentax lens designers or are other design themes like sharpness taking more of a priority in lenses under consideration?
03-06-2016, 11:15 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bryan Quote
1. Will they make a PK mount adapter with auto-focusing for DFA 645 lenses?
Will ask this one again (though they said no at CP+), as I think it's important for their marketing strategy in the US.

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
Are we going to see a plugin for thethering like the one of the 645z?
This was answered at CP+. They are working on it

QuoteOriginally posted by PentxOrni Quote
Hi Adam, guess, enough questions about K-1 have piled up, but what about a/ further development plans of the Q-System and b/ K3II Mk2.. as this is probably what quite a few folks are also waiting for. Thanks in advance!
From what I know, they're only going to be exhibiting the K-1 and 645Z. It's a wedding-oriented show, after all

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-06-2016, 11:21 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Will ask this one again (though they said no at CP+), as I think it's important for their marketing strategy in the US.

This was answered at CP+. They are working on it

From what I know, they're only going to be exhibiting the K-1 and 645Z. It's a wedding-oriented show, after all
Once the K1 was announced i pretty much ignore the CP+, the info i wanted was public, i will look for the interview one of this days
03-06-2016, 11:49 PM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

Please ask them why they do not enable sensor shift SR in video mode as an 'Option' to Digital SR for those who use external audio recorders.
Serious users don't care about the noise generated by the mechanical SR, they care about the video IQ. Digital SR is IQ destructive.

There's also some doubt as to the noise being the true and real reason they disabled sensor shift SR in video mode. Perhaps you can push Ricoh for an honest answer?
03-06-2016, 11:54 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'll be meeting up with Ricoh at WPPI tomorrow, so holler if you guys have any questions you'd like me to ask.
Adam, could you please ask if Ricoh designed the full frame by asking customers what the camera should be like or did they design it from the ideas of their engineering lab?
- Was the 4 leads retractable lcd display requested by customers?
- Were the redundant top knobs and top lcd reduction requested by customers?
- Given that Pentax FF lenses are Tamron lenses sold at a higher price, what is the advantage of buying a Pentax FF system versus Tamron/Sigma lens based system?

Thanks a lot and best regards
03-06-2016, 11:58 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Adam, could you please ask if Ricoh designed the full frame by asking customers what the camera should be like or did they design it from the ideas of their engineering lab?
- Was the 4 leads retractable lcd display requested by customers?
- Were the redundant top knobs and top lcd reduction requested by customers?
- Given that Pentax FF lenses are Tamron lenses sold at a higher price, what is the advantage of buying a Pentax FF system versus Tamron/Sigma lens based system?

Thanks a lot and best regards
The first two questions are answered here, and implicitly also the third. It's an interesting read:
Challengers | PENTAX K-1 Special site | RICOH IMAGING

Adam

03-07-2016, 01:40 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Adam, if you can, could you please ask how many stops of SR can the K-3 II provide when fitted with the 150-450 + 1.4xTC, with lens set at 450...and what's the story for the K-1 with the same setup. I think there are a lot of us that would like to have some concrete data on these questions.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Terry
03-07-2016, 03:35 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Could you please ask, wether it is possible to change the focus peaking colour by the customer.
Will there be thethering options available for bracketing shots (-4 -2 0 +2 +4 EV) or High speed shooting.
The thethering SW should at least offer a mode working like the electric (not infrared) remote control - there are reasons to use SR even on a tripod (moving ground like a bridge),