Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
03-07-2016, 03:53 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
As the Z is there, could you enquire as to progress regarding the two roadmapped 645 lenses. Particularly the short telephoto 80 - 160 ish on the roadmap. Thanks

03-07-2016, 04:14 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bryan Quote
1. Will they make a PK mount adapter with auto-focusing for DFA 645 lenses?
How dare you ask for this! I have just been on the receiving end of a slap on the wrists by a professional commercial photographer in the MF forum for complaining about this.

Apparently it's just not needed.

---------- Post added 03-07-16 at 09:14 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by unkipunki Quote
As the Z is there, could you enquire as to progress regarding the two roadmapped 645 lenses. Particularly the short telephoto 80 - 160 ish on the roadmap. Thanks
I second that one. The new tele would be a real boon.
03-07-2016, 04:22 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
> Smart Function dial: how will we know which selections we have made of some of the available options ?

On my camera, I have the rear LCD screen off unless I press INFO or MENU button.

If I have ISO selected for the Smart Function dial, I will see my selections in the top deck LCD and in the viewfinder. If I have Crop selected, I imagine I will see those changes in the viewfinder. If I make changes using HL/CL as well as other options, I imagine the selections will be shown briefly on the rear LCD..? However, surely to goodness the rear LCD will not light up when ISO is changed.

> How will MLU be easily accessed ?

On my camera, I use the 4-way controller to set focus point. Rather than toggle on Drive Mode via 4-way controller, I have Fx set to 'Bracket'. When the Bracketing menu is displayed on the rear LCD, I can easily hop over to MLU or 2-sec timer.

The K1 offers no option to set Fx buttons to 'Bracket' and I suppose this is because bracketing is now part of the Smart Function dial. Okay. Will MLU and/or 2-sec timer be part of the CH/CL option of Smart Function? I wonder.. if so, seems like they would have called that set of options Drive.

If MLU & 2-sec timer are not available through either my workaround using Fx+'Bracket' or the CH/CL set, how will I access them? Will I have to toggle on/off AF point selection to access Drive menu on 4-way controller?
03-07-2016, 04:50 AM   #19
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Please ask them why they do not enable sensor shift SR in video mode as an 'Option' to Digital SR for those who use external audio recorders.
Serious users don't care about the noise generated by the mechanical SR, they care about the video IQ. Digital SR is IQ destructive.

There's also some doubt as to the noise being the true and real reason they disabled sensor shift SR in video mode. Perhaps you can push Ricoh for an honest answer?
Two for this question - please ask!

Also ask if they're going to buy RED. no, don't, just kidding

03-07-2016, 05:09 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Veteran Member

An Australian question.... when shooting the mlkyway in the Australian outback, if one changes a lens with the aid of the K1's lights, will buggs be attracted?

If so, can one "Aerogard" the sensor/mirror to keep them at bay? These are the things that keep me awake at night.
03-07-2016, 05:24 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Hi Adam. Could you ask if the K 1 has OVF facial tracking(like the Nikon D750) and if not can a firmware update add it to the K1 and thr K 3 series; seems like the hardware is good enough, just needs the firmware. Thanks in advance!
03-07-2016, 05:42 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Please ask them why they do not enable sensor shift SR in video mode as an 'Option' to Digital SR for those who use external audio recorders.
Serious users don't care about the noise generated by the mechanical SR, they care about the video IQ. Digital SR is IQ destructive.

There's also some doubt as to the noise being the true and real reason they disabled sensor shift SR in video mode. Perhaps you can push Ricoh for an honest answer?
Three for this question please.

03-07-2016, 05:43 AM   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by David&karen Quote
Hi Adam. Could you ask if the K 1 has OVF facial tracking(like the Nikon D750) and if not can a firmware update add it to the K1 and thr K 3 series; seems like the hardware is good enough, just needs the firmware. Thanks in advance!
I second this!
Thanks Adam and David&karen!!
03-07-2016, 05:54 AM   #24
Pentaxian

And yet another vote for this one. Is seems as such a waste to disable the option when all the hardware is there and the function has been in use on earlier models.
03-07-2016, 06:24 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Are they bring back that tiny lever that senses the aperture from an M lens in their K-1ii?
03-07-2016, 06:29 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Could you ask them if the Pentax AF-160FC ring flash is discontinued. It no longer appears in the latest Pentax catalogue (on the Japanese Ricoh imaging site), nor on some other Pentax regional sites.

Plus since this is a weddings event, what are their plans for 'pro' flash generally - eg are any Pentax radio PTTL triggers planned (and matching Pentax radio wireless flashes, equivalent to the Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT, which supports radio ETTL, and the new Nikon Speedlight SB-5000, which does radio ITTL) ?

And yes, ask about face detection in PDAF pls.

Last edited by rawr; 03-07-2016 at 06:47 AM.
03-07-2016, 06:44 AM - 1 Like   #27

- Why have they removed the square crop mode?
- On any Pentax camera, when you are looking at photos on the back screen and zoom in, it zooms into the center of the image and you have to manually scroll to the area where your focus was. Cameras from other manufacturers directly zoom into the location of the focus point used, which makes sense for checking focus. Have they finally implemented this on the K-1?
03-07-2016, 06:45 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm interested in the Dynamic Range of the K-1. It hasn't been mentioned anywhere that I know of.
03-07-2016, 06:52 AM   #29

When will they add real 4k or even 8k video to their DSLRs and the Medium Formats.
03-07-2016, 06:59 AM   #30
mee
Veteran Member

I would still like to know if Ricoh is planning on addressing the poor repair services (and only availalbe in the US) now that a new full frame system is being released by them.