Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2016, 10:01 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Manufacturer will start shipping this item on 05/15/2016.

This is what Adorama says on their website.
My nerves are going to be fried by then.

03-07-2016, 10:05 PM   #2
mee
Veteran Member

I wouldn't hold my breath on that date. B&H says April 22nd. But I wouldn't hold my breath on that date either. Take it lightly.

May 15th might be Adoramas guesstimate with fudge factor built in. Or it could be like long term weather forecasts... much more dramatic changes further out.. the closer the day from the forecast, the more accurate.
03-07-2016, 10:15 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ricoh told me the target date for the US is April 25th. That's probably the most reliable estimate we'll get

Also, demand for the K-1 seems high, so the earlier you pre-ordered the more likely you are to get a body from the first shipment. I wouldn't change my pre-order from one retailer to the other as that would put you in the back of the line. They will most likely both get their first shipment around the same time, certainly not with a 3-week difference.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-08-2016, 12:18 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Due to the fact that the K-1 release was postponed from 2015 to 2016, backlog may exceed production capacity, I'm afraid that people who did not pre-order the K-1 will have to wait for a few month to get it.

03-08-2016, 12:57 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Ricoh told me the target date for the US is April 25th. That's probably the most reliable estimate we'll get

Also, demand for the K-1 seems high, so the earlier you pre-ordered the more likely you are to get a body from the first shipment. I wouldn't change my pre-order from one retailer to the other as that would put you in the back of the line. They will most likely both get their first shipment around the same time, certainly not with a 3-week difference.
This reminds me so much of when the K10D launched in late 2006. Within a few months of release, distributor and dealer inventory was essentially depleted and people were waiting for product. No discount prices!

Steve
03-08-2016, 01:24 AM   #6
Pentaxian

its APRIL first, but I could be wrong!
03-08-2016, 01:37 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I'm afraid that people who did not pre-order the K-1 will have to wait for a few month to get it.
^This.
It might be Adorama's way of saying that their initial pre-order allocation is exhausted, and new orders will have to wait for the next wave to reach US shores.

03-08-2016, 02:23 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
This reminds me so much of when the K10D launched in late 2006. Within a few months of release, distributor and dealer inventory was essentially depleted and people were waiting for product. No discount prices!

Steve
I doubt there will be any discounts on the K-1 for a while. 645Z style!

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
It might be Adorama's way of saying that their initial pre-order allocation is exhausted, and new orders will have to wait for the next wave to reach US shores.
Or that they really haven't bothered double-checking the ETA.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-08-2016, 11:46 AM   #9
ogl
Banned

Pentax 645D was announced on March, 10, the sales were planned on May, but delayed in Japan till the end of June because of high demands.
The sales in Europe and USA were started in December, 2010.

Last edited by ogl; 03-08-2016 at 11:55 AM.
03-08-2016, 12:14 PM   #10
Pentaxian

"Pain" for individuals, but really good news for those of us interested in the long-term prospects of Pentax.
03-08-2016, 01:36 PM   #11

Showing 30th April on Pentax UK website
03-08-2016, 02:12 PM   #12
Site Supporter

FWIW Amazon also says April 25th.
03-08-2016, 02:33 PM   #13
Veteran Member

When I ordered from B&H, they said estimated shipping of April 5th. I can deal with a bit later. I have a wedding to shoot on April 30th, so I really hope its in before that.