Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
03-15-2016, 10:41 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
See if you can sneak the 150-450 and 1.4 TC in there too.
"What's in the box dear?" .... Ugh.... "New shoes... Ugh, yeah, just shoes..."

03-15-2016, 10:52 AM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Whatever we can do is appreciated by the little animals. We had one small bout of snow and it was cold and windy that day. I fed them several times and hope it helped keep them warm. It can be tough out there, glad to see you think of them too!

Regards!
The deer are almost tame because they see me so much. There's a chipmunk that will take stuff from my hand too. Did you know chipmunks like fritos?
03-15-2016, 01:45 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
I always find it interesting how different people spell non-word sounds differently. I would have spelled 'uh' for what you said, and I use 'ugh' for expressing disgust. When I read your post my first thought was, "Why would you be disgusted with new shoes? If they stink when they're new then something's wrong..."
03-15-2016, 03:18 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Yes, shoes for you Mrs. Rupert since I know how you love shoes. But you wouldn't be able to see them until your birthday.

03-15-2016, 03:27 PM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TheOneAndOnlyJH Quote
I always find it interesting how different people spell non-word sounds differently. I would have spelled 'uh' for what you said, and I use 'ugh' for expressing disgust. When I read your post my first thought was, "Why would you be disgusted with new shoes? If they stink when they're new then something's wrong..."
Well, it could be shoes that you hate I suppose.... Ummmm uhhhhhhh perhaps? Pre-smelled shoes, there's a concept!
03-15-2016, 06:37 PM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
The deer are almost tame because they see me so much. There's a chipmunk that will take stuff from my hand too. Did you know chipmunks like fritos?
I do know that quiet mammals are sometimes sick and that any mammal can carry rabies.
03-15-2016, 07:13 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Guys, I know it is heart warming but to feed wildlife is really not the best thing to do. They become reliant on humans and when you are not around they are lost. They forget how to survive.

O.k. I admit a little help is can be good but it has to be done in such a way that the animals don't associate this help with humans.

Cheers

03-15-2016, 07:29 PM   #38
mee
Veteran Member

Surprised you didn't attend church with her. But I have a feeling that once you get the K-1, you will forget about your K-5IIs as you will essentially have an improved K-5IIs built in to the K-1, plus.. well.. the K-1 itself. Almost like 2 cameras in one.
03-15-2016, 08:00 PM   #39
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I do know that quiet mammals are sometimes sick and that any mammal can carry rabies.
Nah, it is just that there are so many of them here and I give them a little help through the winter. Spring, summer, and fall they are mostly on their own. My ridge has some of the only open areas for a while. None of them are quiet. The chipmunk stands on the porch and chitters at the cats through the window. The deer sneak up on you sometimes, other times they wont get out of your way until you nudge them with the car. The crows and squirrels simply like to see if they can sneak up on you. The rest of the wildlife don't care.