Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2016, 09:29 AM   #1

tamron lenses

hi all . my question here is Tamron lenses will be compatable to work with the new K1?
thanks

03-15-2016, 09:37 AM   #2

You didn't mention any specific lenses, so I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for.

In short, if it has a K-mount, it is compatible with the K-1.
The long version,

Not all Tamron lenses are available in K-mount.
Some Tamron lenses have been re-labeled as Pentax lenses.
Lenses designed for digital may work in APS-C crop mode but show vignetting in full frame mode.
New future Tamron lenses may or may not be released in K-mount; this remains to be seen.

If you look in the Lens Review Database you can find info on many Tamron lenses compatible with the Pentax K-1.
(Some are fully manual only, some are manual focus, some are screw drive auto focus, and some are adapted from other mounts.)

Last edited by TheOneAndOnlyJH; 03-15-2016 at 12:25 PM.
03-15-2016, 09:43 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pks Quote
hi all . my question here is Tamron lenses will be compatable to work with the new K1? thanks
Tamron makes lenses for many different camera mounts. Pentax uses K-mount. So if the Tamron lens has a K-mount it will work. However, be aware the exact same Tamron lens might be fitted to work on Canon, Nikon or others.

So verify the mount before purchasing.

---------- Post added 03-15-16 at 09:45 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by TheOneAndOnlyJH Quote
If you look in the Lens Review Database you can find info on many Tamron lenses compatible with the Pentax K-1.
Just FYI, but the use of color, enlarged fonts and so on may look cool on the computer they make your posts very difficult to read on mobile.
03-15-2016, 11:17 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Pks Quote
hi all . my question here is Tamron lenses will be compatable to work with the new K1?
thanks
Take a look here:
Pentax K-1 Lens Compatibility Guide - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com

Tamron Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-15-2016, 12:27 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Just FYI, but the use of color, enlarged fonts and so on may look cool on the computer they make your posts very difficult to read on mobile.
Good point; I keep forgetting that there are different apps that display it differently on mobile.
I've edited it so it should show better now.
03-15-2016, 02:09 PM   #6
Site Supporter

For Tamron lenses, the name insignia indicates Di lenses for FF-compatibility, while Di II and Di III are APS-C format.
03-15-2016, 02:17 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by disasterfilm Quote
For Tamron lenses, the name insignia indicates Di lenses for FF-compatibility, while Di II and Di III are APS-C format.
Which isn't to say that it isn't compatible, just that it's only guaranteed to fill an APS-C image circle so it might have vignetting or softness on the edges and corners in full frame mode. They should work perfectly fine in APS-C crop mode.

Once the K-1 is widely available there will probably be a list developed somewhere on this forum where people will share the extent that their APS-C lenses do or don't work on the K-1 in full frame mode.
03-15-2016, 08:38 PM   #8

I'll suggest Tamron FF lenses, such as the Tamron AF28-300mm F3.5-6.3 XR Di for Pentax. One word of caution: always use the lens shade that comes with it, because a hard bump can potentially break it.

03-15-2016, 09:17 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I use the Tammy 28-75, 70-200 and 90 Macro, Pks - all f2.8 lenses, all full frame.