Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2016, 08:07 PM   #106
Veteran Member

Well mine was shipped form B&H on the 4th like everyone else's, scheduled for delivery on Monday the 9th.

However, I just checked my tracking info and UPS says my package already arrived at the local hub here as of 5:23 PM today. So here's to hoping that they do the right thing and deliver it tomorrow, Friday the 6th, rather than keep it in limbo over the weekend just a few miles from me as I know they have done in the past.

05-05-2016, 10:55 PM   #107

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
That is actually the official date as stated by RI Japan :

From Pentaxist memory, that's the very first time we can see such a logical and welcome decision.

So, it is very interesting to see how things will effectively process

That's true I got shipped April 30th !
05-06-2016, 05:05 AM   #108

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Cannikin Quote
Well mine was shipped form B&H on the 4th like everyone else's, scheduled for delivery on Monday the 9th.

However, I just checked my tracking info and UPS says my package already arrived at the local hub here as of 5:23 PM today. So here's to hoping that they do the right thing and deliver it tomorrow, Friday the 6th, rather than keep it in limbo over the weekend just a few miles from me as I know they have done in the past.
My camera is in the hub in Dallas - but I won't get it until Monday evening. UPS delivers to my house late - around 7:30 in the evenings. It will be wandering around the streets of Houston all day Monday. Worse, it will be sitting in the delivery center in Missouri City all weekend - about 10 miles from me - but they won't let me pick it up on a Saturday.

Here is the UPS history on the package:

Tuesday 3rd UPS label created at B&H and tracking number assigned
Wed 4 UPS acknowledges the order 9:37 AM
Wed 4 UPS picks up order at 9:27 PM
Wed 4 UPS arrival scan at Secaucus, NJ, 10:19 PM
Thursday 5th departure scan at 2:50 AM
Thursday 5th arrival scan at Jamaica NY 4:00 AM
Thursday 5th departure scan 10:13 PM
Thursday 5th arrival scan Rockford IL 11:23 PM
Friday 6th departure scan 3:09 AM
Friday 6th arrival scan DFW Airport (Dallas) 4:56 AM

Last edited by HoustonBob; 05-06-2016 at 06:16 AM.
05-06-2016, 05:20 AM   #109
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi gail, you have a package coming tomorrow.
Estimated Delivery Date: Saturday, 05/07/2016 UPS

Since this is technically Mrs Rupert's camera since she bought it, does this mean I won't be the Pro I've always wanted to be when it arrives? Some of the squirrels are saying she should shoot the first Pixel Shifted squirrel instead of me?

Regards!

05-06-2016, 06:21 AM   #110

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Hi gail, you have a package coming tomorrow.
Estimated Delivery Date: Saturday, 05/07/2016 UPS

Since this is technically Mrs Rupert's camera since she bought it, does this mean I won't be the Pro I've always wanted to be when it arrives? Some of the squirrels are saying she should shoot the first Pixel Shifted squirrel instead of me?

Regards!
Just curious - how are you getting a Saturday delivery? In Houston - as far as I know - UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday.
05-06-2016, 06:35 AM   #111
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by HoustonBob Quote
Just curious - how are you getting a Saturday delivery? In Houston - as far as I know - UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday.
Dunno? It's normal here to get Sat delivery. I recently ordered a water filter on a Fri afternoon on Amazon and got it UPS the next morning around 10 AM. My camera is coming from B&H and was shipped a couple of days ago...on the 3rd, I believe?

Regards!
05-06-2016, 06:49 AM   #112

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Dunno? It's normal here to get Sat delivery. I recently ordered a water filter on a Fri afternoon on Amazon and got it UPS the next morning around 10 AM. My camera is coming from B&H and was shipped a couple of days ago...on the 3rd, I believe?

Regards!
I'm sure it is at the DFW airport right now sitting next to mine - which I won't get until late Monday.

05-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #113
Veteran Member

Sigh, as I feared UPS decides that even though they flew it all the way across the country in 1 day, and it arrived at the local delivery hub about 8 miles from my house yesterday (Thursday), they feel it is absolutely necessary to make me wait the whole "3-Day Select" period, and hold it in limbo for another 3 days (Friday and the weekend).
05-06-2016, 02:01 PM   #114
Forum Member

We need a good waiting for my K-1 meme. The UPS man usually comes early afternoon, except during Christmas season. Is Mother's Day holding him up, all the road construction around here, or did he have a terrible accident? The good part is that my house is clean, the laundry is done, the lenses all got a good cleaning, and a lot of baking/cooking got done. Have to do something with all that nervous energy. I'm finished with all my work--he can come now!
05-06-2016, 08:41 PM   #115

No change in my camera location - it is still sitting at the DFW airport where it was at 5:00 AM. If I had known they were going to keep it there I would have driven to Dallas and picked it up. Oh well Monday evening will get here eventually.
05-07-2016, 06:50 PM   #116

I suspect the only difference between Overnight delivery and 3 day select is that they just sit on the package for 2 extra days with 3 day select. That, and they charge a WHOLE lot more for overnight.
05-07-2016, 07:13 PM   #117
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No change in my camera location - it is still sitting at the DFW airport where it was at 5:00 AM. If I had known they were going to keep it there I would have driven to Dallas and picked it up. Oh well Monday evening will get here eventually.
My K-1 is spending the weekend in a UPS terminal 200 miles from my home location. Frustrating!
05-07-2016, 07:16 PM   #118
Veteran Member

Due to holidays here mine is between Holland & Denmark..but it should be here Monday!! Now what was than Song
05-08-2016, 01:06 PM   #119

Let me go check... Still sitting in the DFW airport - where it has been since 4:56 AM Friday. I estimate that in about 11 or 12 hours they'll stuff it on a plane for Houston, drive around with it all day tomorrow, and then when it is too late to take any pictures the UPS man will show up at my door acting like Little Jack Horner. By the way "3 day select" means that occasionally UPS selects a package and delvers it in 3 days.
05-08-2016, 01:37 PM   #120
Veteran Member

Let me go check... Still sitting in the DFW airport - where it has been since 4:56 AM Friday. I estimate that in about 11 or 12 hours they'll stuff it on a plane for Houston, drive around with it all day tomorrow, and then when it is too late to take any pictures the UPS man will show up at my door acting like Little Jack Horner. By the way "3 day select" means that occasionally UPS selects a package and delvers it in 3 days.
Nah... First they going to waste one day and put the sticker of "no one in home" then delivery other day....