Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
03-27-2016, 05:06 AM   #16
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
Because you think that Phase One is working with their clients in B2C business model when they actually working in B2B. Exp; "survey monkey" will not support survey API for "confirmIT".
No, I'm not concerned with their business model. I just don't like their stance on which cameras they will and won't support. I completely get why that's their stance - but I don't like it

03-27-2016, 05:56 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
No, I'm not concerned with their business model. I just don't like their stance on which cameras they will and won't support. I completely get why that's their stance - but I don't like it
Still CO is pretty awesome software
04-03-2016, 07:34 AM   #18
Unregistered User

Anyone know if its going to be possible to both tether to Image Transmitter 2 software via cable, as well as wirelessly transmit to the likes of an iPad/phone simultaneously? (i.e.. one image going to a computer to be viewed by an editor/assistant and another going to an iPad to show live view for the likes of a product stylist, so they can see what is going on in real time to the camera's view?) or is one going to cancel out the other?

Last edited by Unregistered User; 04-04-2016 at 03:56 PM.
04-04-2016, 08:14 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lightsource Quote
Anyone know if its going to be possible to both tether to Image Transmitter 2 software via cable, as well as wirelessly transmit to the likes of an iPad/phone simultaneously? (i.e.. one image going to a computer to be viewed by an editor/assistant and another going to an iPad to show live view for the likes of a product stylist, so they can see what is going on in trial time to the camera's view?) or is one going to cancel out the other?
I theory it can, but what's really will be better check in manual and practice.

10-26-2016, 12:47 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Does anyone have any further information on the K1 and tethering? Is that Lightroom plug in still in beta, or has it been made available? Thanks.
10-26-2016, 12:56 PM   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cascadilla Quote
Does anyone have any further information on the K1 and tethering? Is that Lightroom plug in still in beta, or has it been made available? Thanks.
You can download it, Cascadilla. :-)

10-26-2016, 01:18 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cascadilla Quote
Is that Lightroom plug in still in beta, or has it been made available?
All Pentax users should bookmark this page:
Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING

10-28-2016, 08:09 PM   #23
Unregistered User

Hi. Yes I'm getting tethering now in lightroom!
10-29-2016, 04:14 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lightsource Quote
Anyone know if its going to be possible to both tether to Image Transmitter 2 software via cable, as well as wirelessly transmit to the likes of an iPad/phone simultaneously? (i.e.. one image going to a computer to be viewed by an editor/assistant and another going to an iPad to show live view for the likes of a product stylist, so they can see what is going on in real time to the camera's view?) or is one going to cancel out the other?
I just gave this a go to see if it would work. Though both Image Transmitter and Image Sync require the camera to work in a LV mode, unfortunately they will not work simultaneously on the K-1. As soon as you plug in the tether cable it triggers the mirror to close and also disables Wi-Fi. Conversely, you cannot enable Wi-Fi if you start the tether process first. Perhaps they have done this by design as the camera may not be able to service both applications at the same time.

Cheers

Last edited by Enigmaticca; 10-29-2016 at 08:20 PM.
12-15-2016, 02:05 AM   #25
Veteran Member

If I understand correctly we need a USB CABLE connection between the camera and the computer in order to transfer photo from camera to Lightroom, right ?

That would be amazing that we can't use a WIFI connection to transfer the pictures, I dont see myself using a cable when shooting in studio
Im using remotes to control my flash setup and I dont want any cables in the way.
12-15-2016, 02:21 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DimC Quote
If I understand correctly we need a USB CABLE connection between the camera and the computer in order to transfer photo from camera to Lightroom, right ?

That would be amazing that we can't use a WIFI connection to transfer the pictures, I dont see myself using a cable when shooting in studio
Im using remotes to control my flash setup and I dont want any cables in the way.
The problem with WiFi tethering is speed.

As far as i know, all professional tethering systems use it via USB cable and not WiFi.
12-15-2016, 03:45 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Well , the problem is not the WIFI as it can provide high sustained speed under the latest protocol (Wifi ac just to name this one).

So Im pretty sure I've seen videos of Studio shoot where photographer was displaying his pictures the the artistic director on a big screen...and he had no cables whatsoever.

Ill stay with my SDcard swap technique then, too bad I was hoping for some easier and quicker method here.

Thanks for your answer @Kooks
12-15-2016, 01:39 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DimC Quote
So Im pretty sure I've seen videos of Studio shoot where photographer was displaying his pictures the the artistic director on a big screen...and he had no cables whatsoever.
Most WiFi tethered setups (even the 'Case Air' WiFi system from Tether Tools themselves) will only show JPEGs and RAW preview JPEGs over WiFi tethered links. That's what you were probably seeing in your example.

QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
all professional tethering systems use it via USB cable and not WiFi.
+1. No matter the WiFi protocol (and even under ideal, laboratory-grade reception conditions, with equipment that includes all the latest networking hardware and software drivers), I think it will be a while before WiFi matches USB 3 (or even USB 2) transfer speeds. Hence many a pro will probably be hanging onto their long Tether Tools USB cable setups in the studio for some time to come, especially if they want to push RAW's across a tethered link into Capture One or Lightroom.

Plus, as many have found out the hard way, WiFi image transfer setups and their accompanying apps can all-too-often be fiddly to setup and be flakey. Whereas traditional USB cable setups are usually much simpler to get working.
12-15-2016, 02:15 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote

Plus, as many have found out the hard way, WiFi image transfer setups and their accompanying apps can all-too-often be fiddly to setup and be flakey. Whereas traditional USB cable setups are usually much simpler to get working.
yep that's true. Ill stick to my SDCards transfer for now.
With K1's file size it's a little longer to transfer to my Mac and a little longer for Lightroom to apply presets and render the preview.
12-15-2016, 03:05 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One workaround to get the K-1 images into C1 by stealth is to use LR as the import medium and then save the files to a folder, which is the C1 hot folder.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/321536-tethering-k-1-capture-one.html