Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 134 Likes Search this Thread
04-27-2016, 05:00 PM   #166
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dcpropilot Quote
I've been waiting since Feb 23. I think it would be great if B&H would upgrade to free overnight shipping.
Why? Not that it wouldn't be 'great' but I don't see any advantage to B&H to drop $50 on UPS to ship it overnight. My order says "free expedited shipping" anyway. I think that is 3 day to me.
QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
I'd think they'd be aware of the popularity of B&H and Adorama and equally aware of their religious practices.
This is a world wide launch. I'm sure B&H and Adorama are important customers but in a world wide kind of way, not so much. And anyway, Amazon doesn't have any stock either.

Assuming the delivery is not held up at customs, hijacked or lost in transit I expect shipping on Monday.

04-27-2016, 05:01 PM   #167
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
Maybe
Well yeah - Maybe.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-27-2016 at 05:10 PM.
04-27-2016, 05:06 PM   #168
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Why? Not that it wouldn't be 'great' but I don't see any advantage to B&H to drop $50 on UPS to ship it overnight. My order says "free expedited shipping" anyway. I think that is 3 day to me.

This is a world wide launch. I'm sure B&H and Adorama are important customers but in a world wide kind of way, not so much. And anyway, Amazon doesn't have any stock either.

Assuming the delivery is not held up at customs, hijacked or lost in transit I expect shipping on Monday.
If it's delayed compared to their competitors, I don't think a mere $25 upgrade to make up for it is too much to ask (the amount that they charge for overnight shipping via UPS air). That's my opinion as a customer.
04-27-2016, 05:09 PM   #169
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

NEWS FLASH: Ricoh announces a correction in the release date for the K1. It will be released April 2026, not 2016. Seems there was a glitch in the firmware.

04-27-2016, 05:10 PM   #170
Veteran Member

If it's delayed compared to their competitors, I don't think a mere $25 upgrade to make up for it is too much to ask. That's my opinion as a customer.
What competitor? Nobody (as far as i know) is shipping in USA or Canada.

Vietnam, China and UK have stock and you can rather pickup or theyre about to ship is diferent, acording to one retailer in Spain, the K1 is spected in one more week.

If Ricoh dont make a global launch, or if they made it but everyone send the cameras anyway, is other history

04-27-2016, 05:14 PM   #171
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If it's delayed compared to their competitors, I don't think a mere $25 upgrade to make up for it is too much to ask. That's my opinion as a customer.
But it isn't. at least so far. No one in the US has shipped.

And even if they did I still disagree. You expect them to take a $25 loss because they shipped a couple days after some other store? Again, why? They never promised you any particular ship date. And even if they did, I'm sure there is a disclaimer someplace.

Hey I want my camera as much as anybody, I've a coast trip scheduled next week. And if they open on Monday and offered me overnight shipping for an extra $25 I might actually take them up on that. But expect them to do it out of the kindness of their hearts? No.
04-27-2016, 05:20 PM   #172

If it's delayed compared to their competitors, I don't think a mere $25 upgrade to make up for it is too much to ask (the amount that they charge for overnight shipping via UPS air). That's my opinion as a customer.
They've already lost a weeks worth of business for observing they're religious holidays and you want to penalize them even more simply because you can't wait a couple more days?

04-27-2016, 05:44 PM   #173
Veteran Member

I have no control over B&H being closed for 9 days and I had no idea when I ordered that the date would be around an extended religious holiday.

I don't fault them or have expectations, other than a B&H rep saying that my order was scheduled to ship on the 21st, and that the Pentax website is still showing "Shipping in April".
04-27-2016, 05:47 PM   #174
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have no control over B&H being closed for 9 days and I had no idea when I ordered that the date would be around an extended religious holiday.

I don't fault them or have expectations, other than a B&H rep saying that my order was scheduled to ship on the 21st, and that the Pentax website is still showing "Shipping in April".
They told me the same thing. I was hoping to have it in time for my trip to the Newport Aquarium this Saturday.
04-27-2016, 05:55 PM   #175
Veteran Member

Perhaps there isn't a coordinated global launch date; the production K-1 is now available from Camera Solutions and SRS Microsystems in the U.K.

Last edited by dcpropilot; 04-27-2016 at 06:06 PM.
04-27-2016, 06:17 PM   #176
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Perhaps there isn't a coordinated global launch date; the production K-1 is now available from Camera Solutions and SRS Microsystems in the U.K.
I think there was, or at least a strong attempt to make it coordinated. April 28th has been the official launch day for as long as I can remember. All other dates came from people who did not really know "officially". And remember it is the 28th in Japan already.

However, it looks like something went wrong in the US. B&H and Adorama aside, Amazon has no stock and no other store in the US has reported having any either. Granted there are not a lot of Pentax dealers but there are some, and if none has any stock that indicates to me the US (and maybe Canada) deliveries got held up. Maybe in customs. Maybe at the dock, who knows.

Last comment I heard from Pentax USA was things were on schedule and even early, then nothing. I'm guessing something went wrong at the docks.
04-27-2016, 06:55 PM   #177
Veteran Member

If thats the case they should update the us ricoh website, it still says for april delivery. I haven't heard anything and its almost may. A simple email would work.

04-27-2016, 06:55 PM   #178

Photos: Gallery
I always try to buy local, stopped in today and they gave me the tracking number for my K1. "Cebu, Philippines 04/28/2016 2:20 A.M. Departure Scan" should be at my local store Tuesday.
04-27-2016, 07:10 PM   #179
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My local 8-store chain's website says Available April 30. That's a change from a couple days ago, when the date was simply late April.

Sounds to me as if they'll get their cameras some time Wednesday the 28th, ship pre-orders from the warehouse Thursday the 29th and also break out boxes for the stores Thursday, and put any stock on store shelves Friday.

That's a pretty reasonable turnaround for a local B&M store chain if correct.
04-27-2016, 07:10 PM   #180
Veteran Member

April is not over

---------- Post added 27th Apr 2016 at 22:13 ----------

Nikon D500 was also due end of April. Same situation than Pentax
Closed Thread