Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2016, 07:19 PM   #181

a store in Mtl says 30 also on their web site, but another one told me 9 of may...

04-27-2016, 08:03 PM   #182
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
April is not over

---------- Post added 27th Apr 2016 at 22:13 ----------

Nikon D500 was also due end of April. Same situation than Pentax

April is not over but unless they ship it over night, i dont think it will be delivered in april. Makes me wish i never ordered it directly from ricoh. If i would have known this id go with another source.
04-27-2016, 08:21 PM - 2 Likes   #183
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
More than 1600 posts, yet one "like"
No wonder.
Right... couldn't be because 99% of those posts were from before the "like" feature was implemented.
04-27-2016, 08:27 PM - 2 Likes   #184

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Call

04-27-2016, 08:31 PM   #185
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Call

That is awesome
04-27-2016, 10:36 PM   #186
Veteran Member

Haha awesome!!!

I would love to hear numbers. How many units were pre ordered? How big is the first batch Ricoh pushed out to the enthusiastic pentaxians?
04-28-2016, 05:45 AM - 2 Likes   #187
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
It seems like bad timing in Ricoh's part. I'd think they'd be aware of the popularity of B&H and Adorama and equally aware of their religious practices. Why would you make your release date during the week the two largest camera stores are down?
Closing for Passover is a business decision these two companies have made in a market that is not known to be an especially big one for Pentax. I hate to break it to you, but the USA is not the center of the universe, and the business decisions of Japanese companies is not dictated by the practices of a couple of stores closing for Jewish holidays.

04-28-2016, 06:01 AM   #188
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the camera is going to be unexpectedly delayed in this country, then tell us. Why the secrecy? I know a lot of people would feel better if they just knew something official.
04-28-2016, 06:01 AM   #189

I've gone to order stuff on eBay from Chinese vendors and seen a note that orders would not be processed and shipped until after the week of (date) as they were closed for business in observance of the New Year.

Many people have been waiting 10 years for the K-1. Relatively speaking a few more days is insignificant although it may feel like another 10 years.

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
If the camera is going to be unexpectedly delayed in this country, then tell us. Why the secrecy? I know a lot of people would feel better if they just knew something official.
How are these businesses going to tell you when they are closed and their religious practices prohibit them from doing work during the holiday? Some even feel answering the telephone (even voice mail) to be "work".

Last edited by Not a Number; 04-28-2016 at 06:07 AM.
04-28-2016, 06:20 AM   #190
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I've gone to order stuff on eBay from Chinese vendors and seen a note that orders would not be processed and shipped until after the week of (date) as they were closed for business in observance of the New Year.

Many people have been waiting 10 years for the K-1. Relatively speaking a few more days is insignificant although it may feel like another 10 years.

How are these businesses going to tell you when they are closed and their religious practices prohibit them from doing work during the holiday? Some even feel answering the telephone (even voice mail) to be "work".
B&H and Adorama are not the only camera dealers in the country. And they may not know anyway. I'm talking about Ricoh.
04-28-2016, 06:29 AM - 1 Like   #191
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
B&H and Adorama are not the only camera dealers in the country. And they may not know anyway. I'm talking about Ricoh.
Ricoh's Webstore is a Dealer the same as any other Dealer, except that it intentionally doesn't compete with Ricoh's independent Dealers.
04-28-2016, 06:33 AM   #192
mee
Veteran Member

"Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'..'"

The natives are getting restless...
04-28-2016, 06:48 AM   #193
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I actually made the decision to put my trip to the Newport Aquarium off for a week because of the delay.
04-28-2016, 11:31 AM   #194
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Closing for Passover is a business decision these two companies have made in a market that is not known to be an especially big one for Pentax. I hate to break it to you, but the USA is not the center of the universe, and the business decisions of Japanese companies is not dictated by the practices of a couple of stores closing for Jewish holidays.

Just because I want Ricoh to consider everyone when planning a release date doesn't mean I'm an arrogant and myopic American stereotype. I'm fully aware that this is a global release and there are multiple markets at play. I'm also aware that the US isn't their largest market.

I said I thought it was a poor decision on Ricoh's part. Would it be a better decision to release the camera when MORE customers can access it on the release date? I certainly think so.

Let's not forget that many of us have been waiting more than a decade for this camera. Waiting longer is by no means a big deal, but it can be pretty damn frustrating.
04-28-2016, 11:55 AM   #195
Veteran Member

Well just talked to ricoh. I guess they plan on getting it sometime by next week, so im guessing should arrive by the second week. Definitely cutting it very close for me.

Closed Thread