Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2016, 06:23 AM   #226
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
Well the camera is very likely a cure for anxiousness, impatience, separation anxiety, loneliness, and depression. I can only imagine the amazing pictures it'll take.
Well, I'm just hoping it doesn't ship with a shutter mania like some of the K-3s did lol

04-29-2016, 07:31 AM - 1 Like   #227
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

Yesterday I sent an email to Ricoh Imaging NA's Marketing Director suggesting (they) make some kind of informative release describing expected USA K-1 shipping dates, etc. I received a standard 'Out-of-Office on company business' Reply.

Today I received a well-designed [EDIT - mass] -marketing email suggesting I buy my wife a new Ricoh Theta S to capture all those fun family memories.

Seriously? Is Marketing even in the game? Do they not know what's going on out here - or am I in The Bubble? *

* Should have stuck to the original plan and held off until August. Just got another unexpected windfall - but this time I'm sticking to the Plan. NO 24~70. Nope. Not gonna happen.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-29-2016 at 05:53 PM.
04-29-2016, 08:00 AM   #228

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Yesterday I sent an email to Ricoh Imaging NA's Marketing Director suggesting (they) make some kind of informative release describing expected USA K-1 shipping dates, etc. I received a standard 'Out-of-Office on company business' Reply.

Today I received a well-designed marketing email suggesting I buy my wife a new Ricoh Theta to capture all those fun family memories.

Seriously? Is Marketing even in the game? Do they not know what's going on out here - or am I in The Bubble? *

* Should have stuck to the original plan and held off until August. Just got another unexpected windfall - but this time I'm sticking to the Plan. NO 24~70. Nope. Not gonna happen.
WOW, can't believe they said that....
04-29-2016, 08:05 AM   #229
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by blan01 Quote
"they" didn't say that. It was a mass marketing email from their marketing department and had nothing to do with his email.

04-29-2016, 08:21 AM   #230
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blan01 Quote
See below

QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
"they" didn't say that. It was a mass marketing email from their marketing department and had nothing to do with his email.
Yes. It was a deeply ironic comment on the coincidental timing - and a 'look-in-the-mirror' question about my priorities.

Nevertheless - seriously? A new Theta? (I have the M15 - a fun toy).
04-29-2016, 09:16 AM   #231
Forum Member

Umm, I got an e-mail from Ricoh this morning saying they have something for everyone and suggesting that a pro photographer mom deserves an upgrade to a full frame K1. My guess is that they sent out the ad, realized their error, and sent out a revised ad to others. But this should mean that folks in the U.S. will be able to get one in time for Mother's Day?

I had pre-ordered a long time ago at B&H, then switched my order to Amazon the middle of April because of the Passover and Amazon was offering a really great warranty that includes accidentally spills. I have been worrying that I did the wrong thing and that there will not be enough cameras in the first shipment for all the pre-orders. But if they want people to order and get it in time for Mothers' Day, then they must have plenty. I hope!

I have a wedding next Saturday, and I really, really want this camera in time!
04-29-2016, 09:54 AM   #232
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by walro Quote
Umm, I got an e-mail from Ricoh this morning saying they have something for everyone and suggesting that a pro photographer mom deserves an upgrade to a full frame K1. My guess is that they sent out the ad, realized their error, and sent out a revised ad to others. But this should mean that folks in the U.S. will be able to get one in time for Mother's Day?

I had pre-ordered a long time ago at B&H, then switched my order to Amazon the middle of April because of the Passover and Amazon was offering a really great warranty that includes accidentally spills. I have been worrying that I did the wrong thing and that there will not be enough cameras in the first shipment for all the pre-orders. But if they want people to order and get it in time for Mothers' Day, then they must have plenty. I hope!

I have a wedding next Saturday, and I really, really want this camera in time!
I'd put your chances at 70%.

04-29-2016, 11:02 AM   #233

My chat with Ricoh. I guess they do not care to keep anyone informed.....

Chat in progress−
13:44Thomas C.
Thank you for contacting Ricoh Technical Support Chat. How may I help you?

Me
Do you know anything about the US release date of the K-1?

Thomas C.
I am sorry no. That information has not been released.

Me
I am surprised. It is available everywhere else in the world but not here. I preordered in February. Many of us our getting restless. Is there any way to get information about it?

Me
Still there?
04-29-2016, 11:07 AM   #234

QuoteOriginally posted by butkolrpi Quote
My chat with Ricoh. I guess they do not care to keep anyone informed.....

Chat in progress−
13:44Thomas C.
Thank you for contacting Ricoh Technical Support Chat. How may I help you?

Me
Do you know anything about the US release date of the K-1?

Thomas C.
I am sorry no. That information has not been released.

Me
I am surprised. It is available everywhere else in the world but not here. I preordered in February. Many of us our getting restless. Is there any way to get information about it?

Me
Still there?
I tried to reach them through Facebook Message few days ago, but am getting no response.
On their page, it says: "Typically reply within a few hours". :/
04-29-2016, 11:14 AM   #235
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This seems an appropriate point to remind the thread that RIAC in Denver is really small - like fewer than 50 people, from the President down to the janitor. Many services, such as Customer Service (the Chat function) are contracted out to third parties. It is possible the person on the other end of your chat didn't know the answer because it isn't coded in the answer tree - and was attempting to get a live response from Ricoh.

Don't KNOW that, but I wouldn't be surprised.
04-29-2016, 11:23 AM - 3 Likes   #236

Okay, finally an update from Ricoh USA.
Source : http://us.ricoh-imaging.com
Mark your calendar! May 3rd is the date for US Pentaxians (hopefully )
Attached Images

04-29-2016, 11:25 AM   #237
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Aaah!
04-29-2016, 11:26 AM   #238
Veteran Member

Well, at least we have a date...

04-29-2016, 11:37 AM   #239
Forum Member

I can deal with this.
04-29-2016, 11:54 AM   #240