Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2016, 07:18 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For what it's worth, the Pentax special K-1 site says "scheduled to be released on 4/22".

04-17-2016, 07:35 AM   #17

will we get problems because of the earthquakes in Japan?
04-17-2016, 08:15 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by joergens.mi Quote
will we get problems because of the earthquakes in Japan?
Unless the production of the parts (or a important part) is made in a factory of the affected zone, i think is unlikely

04-17-2016, 11:00 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
For what it's worth, the Pentax special K-1 site says "scheduled to be released on 4/22".
They're talking about the last article from the Challengers series. Not about the camera.

04-17-2016, 11:23 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cdurfor Quote
Just spoke with B&H....

Delivery will be in early May for a Mid - Feb preorder.... Probably after they reopen from Passover...
Im not familiar with holidays in the US (or with the ones regarding the religion) what is this "Passover"?

04-17-2016, 11:24 AM   #21
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
They're talking about the last article from the Challengers series. Not about the camera.
Sorry. That's kind of easy to misinterpret, though. Thank you for the correction.
04-17-2016, 11:33 AM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter

Something that should be followed-up...

Source :

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/k-1/

04-17-2016, 12:02 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
Im not familiar with holidays in the US (or with the ones regarding the religion) what is this "Passover"?
Wikipedia Passover.
Passover or Pesach (/ˈpɛsɑːx, ˈpeɪsɑːx/;[4] from Hebrew פֶּסַח Pesah, Pesakh, Assyrian; ܦܸܨܚܵܐ"piskha"), is an important, biblically derived Jewish festival. The Jewish people celebrate Passover as a commemoration of their liberation by God from slavery in Egypt and their freedom as a nation under the leadership of Moses. It commemorates the story of the Exodus as described in the Hebrew Bible especially in the Book of Exodus, in which the Israelites were freed from slavery in Egypt.
The two major New York photographic delaers, B&H and Adorama, are owned by (I think) Hasidic Jewish familes - at any rate they are at least Orthodox. By tradition they do not work on Holy Days, which includes Sundown Friday to Sundown Saturday and several significant religious periods throughout the year, including Passover.

During those periods there are no shipments made, phones answered and even the online ordering systems are shut down.

I had to wait until after 9:00p/m/ last night to order my K-1.

04-17-2016, 12:19 PM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Wikipedia Passover.
Passover or Pesach (/ˈpɛsɑːx, ˈpeɪsɑːx/;[4] from Hebrew פֶּסַח Pesah, Pesakh, Assyrian; ܦܸܨܚܵܐ"piskha"), is an important, biblically derived Jewish festival. The Jewish people celebrate Passover as a commemoration of their liberation by God from slavery in Egypt and their freedom as a nation under the leadership of Moses. It commemorates the story of the Exodus as described in the Hebrew Bible especially in the Book of Exodus, in which the Israelites were freed from slavery in Egypt.
The two major New York photographic delaers, B&H and Adorama, are owned by (I think) Hasidic Jewish familes - at any rate they are at least Orthodox. By tradition they do not work on Holy Days, which includes Sundown Friday to Sundown Saturday and several significant religious periods throughout the year, including Passover.

During those periods there are no shipments made, phones answered and even the online ordering systems are shut down.

Thanks for the clarification, i google Passover but only got reference for "pass over", i knew something about the religion of the owners of the stores but im not have enough knowledge about their holidays.

04-17-2016, 12:33 PM   #25
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Congratulations, and good anticipation to what i remembered from you saying you'd wait until next summer to get it !

We frequent such a dangerous place.....
04-17-2016, 07:20 PM - 1 Like   #26
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Congratulations, and good anticipation to what i remembered from you saying you'd wait until next summer to get it !

We frequent such a dangerous place.....
Last February I didn't expect an Income Tax Refund. Boy was that a nice call from my CPA.
04-18-2016, 09:43 AM   #27
Site Supporter

Okay, I just talked to B&H again, trying to get updates on the K-1's shipping date. The rep said they will close
at 7:00pm 4/21, so they won't be able to ship out early preorders unless they receive shipments from RICOH
two days earlier than 4/21. And the rep told me that the next ship date will be 5/4/2016. Those who preordered
on Amazon may get their K-1s around 4/25 though, according to Amazon.
04-18-2016, 10:04 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
Thanks for the clarification, i google Passover but only got reference for "pass over", i knew something about the religion of the owners of the stores but im not have enough knowledge about their holidays.
Hebrew slaves in ancient Egypt used blood from a slaughtered spring lamb to make a mark over their front doors so that God would "pass over" those houses in His tenth plague on the Egyptians in which He killed the first-born in each Egyptian household. Most Christians know this story from religion class (Catholics), Sunday school, or the 1956 Hollywood movie starring Charlton Heston and Yul Brynner.
04-18-2016, 11:26 AM   #29
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by odyseuss Quote
Okay, I just talked to B&H again, trying to get updates on the K-1's shipping date. The rep said they will close
at 7:00pm 4/21, so they won't be able to ship out early preorders unless they receive shipments from RICOH
two days earlier than 4/21. And the rep told me that the next ship date will be 5/4/2016. Those who preordered
on Amazon may get their K-1s around 4/25 though, according to Amazon.
I will be really disappointed if my Feb pre-order is delayed all the way until 5/4 if other pre-orders are shipping out on the 4/25. Anyway to confim Amazon's shipping date? I will cancel my B&H order and go through Amazon instead
04-18-2016, 11:29 AM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter

Except that an order placed now may be so far down the line that it won't ship any earlier than the B&H order. I am still hoping B&H may surprise us earlier order people with a shipment this week. Probably a vain hope.
Closed Thread