Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2016, 03:38 PM   #301
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I don't know. And if they do, how do they know I am the husband? ...
I just got an email from B&H.
They write me they have special deals for mothers.
How do they know I have a mother..?

I think they have been expending too much energy figuring out family relations. They should burn a few cycles unpacking cameras.. :^|

05-02-2016, 03:41 PM   #302

Okay, the latest news from B&H concerning my K-1 ordered on the day of its official release:
QuoteQuote:
Please be advised that your backorder is estimated to arrive at our warehouse by 05/04/16.
As soon as we receive it in stock we will ship your order to you, and e-mail you with the tracking information.
I apologize for this delay and any inconvenience it has caused you.
Sounds like B&H does not even have any K-1 in stock yet....
05-02-2016, 03:47 PM   #303
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by odyseuss Quote
Okay, the latest news from B&H concerning my K-1 ordered on the day of its official release:

Sounds like B&H does not even have any K-1 in stock yet...
Good news for me. Another camera retailer just emailed me my camera has just fallen off the back of a truck enroute to one of the large NY stores. They expect to have shipped on 05-03.
05-02-2016, 03:50 PM - 1 Like   #304
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I preordered just a week ago from Adorama. I just got an email notifying my that my K-1 has shipped. Should have it in three days.
I'm pretty sure all you guys that preordered in Feb and March and even April won't have to wait much longer to get yours.

Last edited by geomez; 05-02-2016 at 04:04 PM.
05-02-2016, 03:54 PM   #305
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by EricBrown Quote
I just got shipping notification from Adorama that my K-1 is packed and ready for be shipped!
Sounds like Adorama somehow got theirs sooner than B&H. Just talked to B&H and sounded like they were expecting the shipment on the 5th (I reserved 2/20). Very bummed because I fly to Hawaii on Thursday. If it had got here tomorrow I could have been in business
05-02-2016, 04:05 PM   #306
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by EricBrown Quote
I just got shipping notification from Adorama that my K-1 is packed and ready for be shipped!
Winner! Figured it was a coin flip when I pre-ordered from B&H on 2/19 but went ahead with them based on their listed April 5th availability, versus Adorama that was listing May 15th as the estimate at the time. Proofhttps://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/314236-have-you-pre-ordere...ml#post3538205

I really want to make a joke about God approving of Adoramas Passover observance more than B&H's but I know I would get dragged through the coals if I did...
05-02-2016, 04:08 PM   #307
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by carolina_sky Quote
Sounds like Adorama somehow got theirs sooner than B&H. Just talked to B&H and sounded like they were expecting the shipment on the 5th (I reserved 2/20). Very bummed because I fly to Hawaii on Thursday. If it had got here tomorrow I could have been in business
Carolina Blue
I would like to visit Hawaii.
I have had extra time to wonder if I made a rash decision a couple mos. ago...

05-02-2016, 04:10 PM - 1 Like   #308

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
I preordered just a week ago from Adorama. I just got an email notifying my that my K-1 has shipped. Should have it in three days.
I'm pretty sure all you guys that preordered in Feb and March and even April won't have to wait much longer to get yours.
Sounds like last in - first out to me. That means my Feb 18 order will arrive sometime around the 12th of Never.
05-02-2016, 04:17 PM   #309
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HoustonBob Quote
Sounds like last in - first out to me. That means my Feb 18 order will arrive sometime around the 12th of Never.
FIFO isn't just a brand of tennis shoe
05-02-2016, 04:20 PM   #310
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Huh. Adorama is pretty much open order. B&H is pretty much 'heavily backordered'.
05-02-2016, 04:23 PM   #311

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Huh. Adorama is pretty much open order. B&H is pretty much 'heavily backordered'.
Nope. If you check Availability it still says Pre-order. I was about to pounce
05-02-2016, 04:44 PM   #312
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got an email from Adorama saying they put a tracking number and getting ready to ship. I preordered mine at the end of February so I have hope!
05-02-2016, 04:51 PM   #313
Veteran Member

Got an email fron B&H saying dont forget mothers days and purchase one 1DX mark II or a 5D... No shipping number sadly... maybe tomorrow is the day 😕

05-02-2016, 05:04 PM   #314
Veteran Member

Got the Mother's Day e-mail too. Just received this e-mail from B&H in response to a query sent a few hours ago.

QuoteQuote:
CS rep,

Re: Order # 103817xxxx

Ordered a Pentax K-1 on March 3rd. Will you receive enough stock this week to fulfill this order, or will it go out from a future shipment?

Thank you for your time. I realize you are quite busy with this new release.
-Steven Adams
QuoteQuote:
Hello Steven Adams, my name is Jake B:

Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

The item is already on it's way over to us from the manufacturer. We do not know currently how many will be inside the first shipment, though it is of course possible that there will be one for you in there. Within the next 2-3 days we should have this in stock, and we would than have a better idea.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you, we appreciate your business.
05-02-2016, 05:23 PM   #315
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
Got an email fron B&H saying dont forget mothers days and purchase one 1DX mark II or a 5D... No shipping number sadly... maybe tomorrow is the day 😕
Same.
Closed Thread