Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2016, 06:49 AM   #481
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by volosong Quote
Live on the west coast. Last night, when I went to bed, the status was "sent to warehouse" and without a tracking number. Figured they just went home for the night.

Just now checked, (0600 PDT), and I do have a UPS tracking number, but it is not in the UPS system yet.

E-mail from B&H indicates Monday, May 9th expected delivery.
Dang! UPS web site updated, but without delivery date. It does say "signature required". That's a good thing, but it means that I won't be able to get it until Tuesday evening after work. Or . . . I could take off work early Monday and try to get home before the UPS guy shows up, (usually in the mid to late afternoon).

05-04-2016, 06:58 AM   #482
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by maxpcuser Quote
I do try to respond to everyone emails as fast as possible we are a small shop located in Northern Arizona and the amount of orders we received was overwhelming and we are working hard to get everyone that ordered shipped and everyone that emailed us a response. The Amount of orders we received through both our website and Amazon was far more than we could have ever expected
It's okay, it's far more a function of my own impatience than anything on your end. And knowing that you're several hours behind me would probably explain things.

How many shipments behind do you estimate you are?

Last edited by kvetcha; 05-04-2016 at 07:08 AM.
05-04-2016, 07:11 AM   #483
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by walro Quote
Amazon is showing my camera arriving Friday, but my credit card has not yet been charged and it has not been shipped yet. It says it is in process and will be shipped today.. My order date was 4/21. I had called Amazon last evening, and they said they had no idea when they would get it in. My order was from Amazon, not another seller.
It has been fun reading about all the anticipation everyone has here for the K-1. I knew I was getting one early on, but my finances dipped until recently. Then I found the 12 months same as cash on Amazon and went for it on 4/27. At the same time it is getting tedious waiting for information from Amazon. Several on this thread have heard from them that theirs are en route, and yet customer service people are completely unaware of that any have even been received there. I guess they do not want to have to deal with us personally like the good people at BH.

What seems to be happening is that other vendors are taking advantage of the fact that Amazon is behind, and they are adding $100US to their prices after seeing how eager we are to get the K-1 soon. I am tempted to switch to one of them because of the possible tax savings from what Amazon has to charge me. But, if your 4/21 order is getting close, maybe mine will follow in a few days.
05-04-2016, 07:15 AM   #484
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by walro Quote
Amazon is showing my camera arriving Friday, but my credit card has not yet been charged and it has not been shipped yet. It says it is in process and will be shipped today.. My order date was 4/21. I had called Amazon last evening, and they said they had no idea when they would get it in. My order was from Amazon, not another seller.
In my case Amazon already charged my card on yesterday night. My order date is 03/10. I called them yesterday morning and they did not have any updates. Within a few hours they charged my card, updated the status and delivery date. It looks like Amazon received some stock yesterday afternoon and they started fulfilling the orders.

05-04-2016, 07:25 AM - 1 Like   #485
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DSLRnovice Quote
What seems to be happening is that other vendors are taking advantage of the fact that Amazon is behind, and they are adding $100US to their prices after seeing how eager we are to get the K-1 soon...
Of course, I cannot tell you what to do, but for me, I absolutely refuse to patronize businesses that play that game. It's perfectly in their right to charge whatever the market will pay. My money goes to places that appreciate their customers, such as B&H and Adorama.
05-04-2016, 07:47 AM - 1 Like   #486
Site Supporter

Note: Signature may be required upon delivery
My camera has been shipped with delivery on 5/5/16 from B&H. I ordered on 2/23. I will use it on Friday at the America's Cup Sailboat trials in NYC harbor. I will be on one of the course boats. Very excited.

Item

Qty

Item Description
PEK1FF
K-1 DSLR Camera (Body Only)

Last edited by JENSEN7474; 05-04-2016 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Personel info posted by mistake
05-04-2016, 07:47 AM   #487
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by volosong Quote
Of course, I cannot tell you what to do, but for me, I absolutely refuse to patronize businesses that play that game. It's perfectly in their right to charge whatever the market will pay. My money goes to places that appreciate their customers, such as B&H and Adorama.
Yes, it is evident that B&H and Adorama have shown appreciation for their customers. I have had great service from Amazon for years. But this is the first time I bought a new release item from them. In this case Adorama and B&H have been better in their communications with their customers.
05-04-2016, 07:58 AM   #488

Photos: Albums
Mine is shipped from b&h
Preordered back in March.
I should have it by tomorrow. ☺

05-04-2016, 08:02 AM   #489
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sjyoon20904 Quote
Mine is shipped from b&h
Preordered back in March.
I should have it by tomorrow. ☺
Awesome!

Date in March?
05-04-2016, 08:17 AM   #490
Site Supporter

One of the ironies of this shipping situation is that I see the customer in Switzerland expects to get their delivery Friday (shipped today from B&H) while my in country delivery to Houston (shipped today also) is scheduled for next Monday. Of course shipments overseas go directly by air - while the trip in the US involves a stop and transfer at the US hub (Atlanta?) and thus takes longer; just enough longer to put us into the weekend and thus Monday.

UPS now has my tracking number and confirms signature required - although they say they only have the computer label and haven't picked up the item.
05-04-2016, 08:18 AM   #491
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like tomorrow is going to be a big day for a lot of us!!
05-04-2016, 08:35 AM   #492
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Looks like tomorrow is going to be a big day for a lot of us!!
Movement.......thats what i want to see...

Ordered From: Ricoh Imaging USA
Date: 04/14/2016
Order Status: Shipping Soon
Your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed...........
05-04-2016, 08:51 AM   #493

It's now in MA!! "Chelmsford, MA, United States 05/04/2016 10:54 A.M. Arrival Scan"

Unless there's a major screw up, definitely will be here tomorrow. My UPS guy arrives anywhere between late morning and 4pm. I may be camped out in the driveway!
05-04-2016, 09:04 AM   #494
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HoustonBob Quote
One of the ironies of this shipping situation is that I see the customer in Switzerland expects to get their delivery Friday (shipped today from B&H) while my in country delivery to Houston (shipped today also) is scheduled for next Monday.
Depends on what shipping option you chose or B&H chose for you.

When I ordered I got 'expedited shipping' which would be 3 day to me. However, I have a coast trip planned this weekend. When the initial reports said they might ship Tuesday I upgraded to two day shipping to get it Thursday as I leave early Friday. Then the shipping date changed to Wednesday so I called again and upgraded to overnight.

Not happy about the extra cost, but I would be less happy to not have the camera on this trip so I paid the extra. B&H customer service was very accommodating and efficient in bringing up my order making the shipping changes and getting done what I wanted done.
05-04-2016, 09:08 AM   #495
Site Supporter

Looks like many B&H orders have finally been shipped.
I also got an email this morning, my B&H order is on the way, and should be here tomorrow morning if everything works out smoothly.
Closed Thread