Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2016, 09:39 AM   #496
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 828
Mine shipped from B&H today as well (ordered on 03/03). The B&H email says it's not scheduled to get here (Seattle) until 05/09 but still, woo-hoo!

05-04-2016, 09:46 AM   #497
Pentaxian
Not a Number's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 4,238
Excited for all who ordered. Ricoh/Pentax is supposed to be at the LA PHotoCon May 21-22. I might bop on over to check out the K-1 if Samy's doesn't have a display model.
05-04-2016, 10:20 AM   #498
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 412
QuoteOriginally posted by laddy Quote
I was a loyal Nikon user, but today I decided to sell my Nikon gear and go all in with Pentax. Nikon just simply can't compete anymore with Pentax. So far, purchased the 28-70mm zoom for the k-1.
I'm pretty shocked at that statement and would be interested in specific reasons why Nikon "Can't" compete with Pentax anymore? I'm curious as to what your experience is with various models between the two. Although I still have some pentax lenses, I went to Nikon because of the amount of features. Perhaps you simply don't know much about the various cameras they have. For instance, I shoot with the D300 & D700. I like the D300 because the colors and microcontrast are incredible, even for an 8 year old camera. It's has 51 focus points, all of which work great. The D700's focus points cover a larger area than the K-1 and the grain looks fantastic, to me, at high iso. I would take the Nikon D3S or D3X over the K-1 any day. I saw some sample photos of the K-1 and the color rendering looks much like the K-5, which I owned. Just doesn't look right for portraits especially. And the microcontrast is terrible imo. It's was always a challenge to get portraits to pop and get rid of the foggy appearance of K-5 photos. Out of all the cameras Nikon has to offer and the amount of features in each. I simply do not understand your comment. Nikon also has a larger assortment of incredible lenses, many of which can be had for less than pentax. Where is pentax's 85mm lens? 135mm f2 lens? I'm not a fanboy or trolling, i'm just telling it like I see it
05-04-2016, 11:51 AM   #499
Site Supporter
geomez's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Preskitt Arizona
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,670
QuoteOriginally posted by outsider Quote
I'm not a fanboy or trolling, i'm just telling it like I see it
Coulda fooled me.



05-04-2016, 11:58 AM   #500
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Houston TX
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 209
Well - you have to read emails carefully: that 05/09/16 date on my email could be the 5th of Sept, and UPS could stand for their new delivery service Unusually Poor Shipping via the U.S. Snail.
05-04-2016, 12:25 PM   #501
New Member
RoundPondK1's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2016
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12
Pentax Direct Order

I ordered my K-1 yesterday at 10:00 AM direct from Pentax. It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
05-04-2016, 12:52 PM   #502
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Bay, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 39
Almost Here

Yahoo! Today B&H sent me the tracking number for my K-1. Delivery is scheduled for Monday.
05-04-2016, 01:22 PM   #503
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,749
Oddly, or maybe not the B&H site still shows the K-1 as Not Available Pre-Order. So not enough stock to cover pre-orders?

Adorama says "In Stock". Amazon shows "Temporarily Out of Stock", though there are a couple for sale by third parties at inflated pricing.

05-04-2016, 01:31 PM   #504
Pentaxian
Not a Number's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 4,238
QuoteOriginally posted by RoundPondK1 Quote
I ordered my K-1 yesterday at 10:00 AM direct from Pentax. It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
So it would seem Ricoh's webstore had so few pre-orders they were able to fulfill the orders in one day. And with inventory left over to be able to ship new orders the same day. Wasn't a poster moaning about what a mistake it was to pre-order direct from Ricoh?
05-04-2016, 01:36 PM   #505
Site Supporter
loco's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,843
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
So it would seem Ricoh's webstore had so few pre-orders they were able to fulfill the orders in one day. And with inventory left over to be able to ship new orders the same day. Wasn't a poster moaning about what a mistake it was to pre-order direct from Ricoh?
I also ordered yesterday morning and they shipped out same day. I had cancelled my Amazon pre-order that morning and lo and behold they started shipping out later in the day. I need to work on my patience. But it all worked out, I guess. I saved on sales tax at least.
05-04-2016, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #506
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,341
QuoteOriginally posted by RoundPondK1 Quote
I ordered my K-1 yesterday at 10:00 AM direct from Pentax. It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
Dude.
05-04-2016, 02:15 PM   #507
Junior Member




Join Date: Apr 2016
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 43
Anybody ordered through Focus camera ? I ordered, they charged me but no sign of tracking number, the online chat told me to call customer services and when I did nobody answered....
05-04-2016, 02:18 PM   #508
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gladys, Virginia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 16,043
QuoteOriginally posted by outsider Quote
I'm pretty shocked at that statement and would be interested in specific reasons why Nikon "Can't" compete with Pentax anymore? I'm curious as to what your experience is with various models between the two. Although I still have some pentax lenses, I went to Nikon because of the amount of features. Perhaps you simply don't know much about the various cameras they have. For instance, I shoot with the D300 & D700. I like the D300 because the colors and microcontrast are incredible, even for an 8 year old camera. It's has 51 focus points, all of which work great. The D700's focus points cover a larger area than the K-1 and the grain looks fantastic, to me, at high iso. I would take the Nikon D3S or D3X over the K-1 any day. I saw some sample photos of the K-1 and the color rendering looks much like the K-5, which I owned. Just doesn't look right for portraits especially. And the microcontrast is terrible imo. It's was always a challenge to get portraits to pop and get rid of the foggy appearance of K-5 photos. Out of all the cameras Nikon has to offer and the amount of features in each. I simply do not understand your comment. Nikon also has a larger assortment of incredible lenses, many of which can be had for less than pentax. Where is pentax's 85mm lens? 135mm f2 lens? I'm not a fanboy or trolling, i'm just telling it like I see it
Thanks for sharing in a shipping thread about the K-1.

So when does your K-1 ship?
05-04-2016, 02:46 PM   #509
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 104
The plot thickens. Now that Adorama is posting "in stock" the only reason I am waiting for Amazon is that several other preorders are confirmed ready from them and their 12 months same as cash financing.

However, I don't think Adorama will charge me state sales tax since they are in NY and I am in Ohio. That would tremendously offset any finance charges I would pay if I used a different card. If only someone on Amazon had a hint of what the delay is with them.
05-04-2016, 03:13 PM   #510
New Member




Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7
I placed a pre-order for a K-1 on 2/18 from B&H. This morning, I received a tracking number. I learned that scheduled deliver is in 5 business days (5/11). But their web site says that this product is available with expedited shipping (1-3 business days, depending on where I am; cross-country in my case would requires 3 days). After discussions with their customer service, I am informed that when I placed the order, they only offered "standard shipping". Right now, I am a very dissatisfied customer of B&H. They have lost me as a customer forever with this "service".

Buyer beware.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
amazon, chat, customer, date, dslr, fa, full frame, full-frame, grip, iso, k-1, k-1 usa, k1, live, pentax k-1, pentax news, pentax rumors, pentax webstore, person, pm, service, shot, source, stock
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax K-1 Delivery Date cdurfor Pentax K-1 147 05-11-2016 03:07 AM
K-1 shipping date Sweden Tjompen1968 Pentax K-1 35 04-03-2016 06:53 PM
Pentax (K-1) FF Initial Marketing Date LoneWolf Pentax Full Frame 5 11-10-2015 09:01 AM
Pentax K-S2 Now Shipping! (USA) Adam Pentax K-S1 & K-S2 2 02-28-2015 12:39 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:41 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top