Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2016, 02:13 PM - 1 Like   #571

Finally!

Attached Images

05-05-2016, 02:28 PM - 2 Likes   #572

I won't further clog this thread after this one last post.

Couple things. The crop detection is only for Pentax glass. My Sigma DGs were getting the APS-C treatment.

Lightroom 5.7 can't understand the PEFs. Had to change over to DNG (please don't open a PEF vs DNG discussion).

That said, first FF shot of my less than willing beagle (1/50, 2.8, 2500 on TAv) shot in LiveView b/c he looks the other way if he sees my head behind the camera. Only change made was my usual slight boost to vibrance and saturation.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
05-05-2016, 03:12 PM   #573
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Canceled B&H. My local Dealer has them in stock and put one aside. I'll have it tonight.
Happy for you. But rather surreal that its June... maybe. Or tonight with another, much smaller vendor.
05-05-2016, 03:38 PM - 4 Likes   #574
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is in my hands.

They threw in a small Bower flash, a lightweight monopod and 64Gb Lexar Platinum ll 200x card so the sales tax doesn't hurt that much.

[EDIT:] I'll add that the dealer is in a part of the suburbs that I never go to. I sat in traffic for 45 minutes to travel three miles. How do people do this every day?

Last edited by monochrome; 05-05-2016 at 05:13 PM.
05-05-2016, 03:53 PM   #575
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by kvetcha Quote
It's okay, it's far more a function of my own impatience than anything on your end. And knowing that you're several hours behind me would probably explain things.

How many shipments behind do you estimate you are?
we are hoping we are at about 3 days behind but the power of a forum post can change that in a heart beat.
05-05-2016, 04:01 PM - 1 Like   #576
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Ordered on April 23rd, received today from Amazon. Girlfriend wants to "test" it while I'm at work. She'll be surprised at the contents.
Attached Images

05-05-2016, 04:27 PM   #577
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Jaraxle Quote
Ordered on April 23rd, received today from Amazon. Girlfriend wants to "test" it while I'm at work. She'll be surprised at the contents.
thats cruel lol

05-05-2016, 04:46 PM - 1 Like   #578
Forum Member

Received the camera today from Amazon. Surprised to see that they did not put any bubble wraps or air-cushions in the shipment box. Luckily the outer box (shipping box) has just enough space to hold the camera box, so the camera box won't move around. There are no digs or marks or the camera box. I tested the camera and so far it is fine. I also called and complained about the packaging to Amazon so that it is on their record (if something goes wrong in the first 30 days, I have a valid explanation).

Camera feels nice in hand. Menu seems to be cleaner. I haven't heckled all the options yet. It looks like similar to K-3.

Weekend will be busy with shooting. I will e using the new 28-105mm, 43mm limited and 77mm limited.
05-05-2016, 06:22 PM   #579
Pentaxian

Canceled B&H. My local Dealer has them in stock and put one aside. I'll have it tonight.
Local dealer's, pentax's future !
Congrats !
05-05-2016, 09:15 PM   #580
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ordered K-1, DFA 24-70mm lens, grip, B+W Polarizing filter, Sandisk 64GB Extreme Pro 95MB/s cards, and battery from B&H on 3/17/16; all items shipped yesterday with all items except grip to get delivered on 5/9/16 and grip on 5/10/16
05-05-2016, 09:20 PM   #581
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gryhnd Quote
The crop detection is only for Pentax glass. My Sigma DGs were getting the APS-C treatment.

Got mine today. I've only tried it with the FA 31 and Sigma 10-20 3.5. It crop detected the Sigma.
05-05-2016, 09:27 PM   #582
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
It crop detected the Sigma.
That's interesting, I would not have expected it to do that on third party lenses...........
05-05-2016, 10:15 PM   #583
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
That's interesting, I would not have expected it to do that on third party lenses...........
It also auto cropped my wife's Sigma 17-70 2.8-4 HSM.
That and the other Sigma are the only two non-Pentax APSC lenses I have access to.
05-06-2016, 06:42 AM   #584
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
On truck for delivery.
05-06-2016, 08:00 AM - 2 Likes   #585
B&H Photo Representative

So. B&H just told me June 1st. Maybe.

I edited out the rant. It isn't the waiting. I pre-ordered late; I get that. It is the constantly changing story, and that they laid it all off on Ricoh. I have completely lost confidence that I even have a place in line, or a real, valid order. I can imagine June 1st coming around and going through the same cycle, and it really does get pushed to August.
I appreciate your frustration and completely understand you're eager to get your camera. We're getting them and as we do we're filling back orders, oldest first, in the order we received them.

We know what we've been told to expect but experience has taught us we can only be certain of a delivery when it's sitting on our loading dock being inventoried.

Stories change for two reasons -- we get new and updated information from our supplier or we make determinations about availability based on what we actually receive. Either way, we're not blasé about this at all. If you received an order number there's an order and you're in the queue. We will ship your camera just as soon as we're able to do so.

---------- Post added 05-06-16 at 11:02 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Well, I've no idea of course. And you would think these things are simple but in practice there are more variables involved. I'm sure they are shipping in some order, but what order are they using?
Oldest first. Domestic, international, outer space is all the same. Oldest first.

---------- Post added 05-06-16 at 11:05 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gryhnd Quote
Couple things. The crop detection is only for Pentax glass. My Sigma DGs were getting the APS-C treatment.
I have NO IDEA what the story is on this but I do recall a couple of times Sigma had to update their lenses to accommodate new Canon firmware. Maybe they'd like to know the details of your experience.
Closed Thread