Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 134 Likes Search this Thread
04-19-2016, 02:20 PM   #46

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
As you say, the 4/21 date is only a rumour, other sites day ~28 will be the official release date, if BH and Adorama get their shipment before the 4/20 and get green light from Ricoh to send before the contracted day, they may can send the cameras, otherwise, if shipment came after 21 maybe none of the stores recieve the cameras until 2/5 and start shipping until the 4 or 5 of the month
Well, that's exactly what I heard from B&H few minutes ago.
According to the Rep I talked to, B&H will dispatch the camera on 5/2/2016, which is the date Ricoh USA plans to let them ship the first orders.
The Rep mentioned that B&H should be getting K-1 before 5/2, but they cannot release the shipment without Ricoh green-lighting the release.

04-19-2016, 02:23 PM   #47
Veteran Member

So Ricoh has green lighted the release of battery grips now, but not of the body for 2 more weeks?....lol

That makes total sense.

I guess I can practice putting in and taking out the battery from the grip to tide me over until May..

Last edited by nomadkng; 06-16-2016 at 08:36 AM.
04-19-2016, 02:44 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes but what is the battery full-frame equivalence of this new grip? /s
04-19-2016, 03:05 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote
So Ricoh has green lighted the release of battery grips now, but not of the body for 2 more weeks?....lol

That makes total sense.

I guess I can practice putting in and taking out the battery from the grip to tide me over until May..
Actually Ricoh havent autorized any vendor to make shipment of the camera until the release date (whatever day will be)... And about the Grip or the 15-30, maybe those products dont have any restrictment to ship and they are shipping it now to avoid the bottleneck the first day of May

04-19-2016, 03:38 PM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Earlier today B&H confirmed 5/2 is my ship date.
04-19-2016, 03:55 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Still, hope is the last thing that dies.... just checking my order, none of both shows "in stock" marks, i hope bundled the camera and grip dont make the camera be holded until new grips arrives
Attached Images

04-19-2016, 05:18 PM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think they shipped the grip and lens early to keep folks from changing their minds about the pre-order during the wait. If you have them you are less likely to call the whole thing off

04-19-2016, 05:38 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
When did you place your order?
04-19-2016, 05:58 PM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
When did you place your order?
Saturday night April 16, around 10pm New York time.
04-19-2016, 06:19 PM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Saturday night April 16, around 10pm New York time.
OK. Interesting. I placed mine Feb 17 with B&H, and have heard nothing about when mine will ship.
04-19-2016, 06:30 PM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
OK. Interesting. I placed mine Feb 17 with B&H, and have heard nothing about when mine will ship.
The status on my order changed from 'Early May' to 'On Order' so I called. The CS guy said I was que'd with the May 2 group. I was kind of curious how I got in the first ship group with such a late pre-order, so I asked how they are selling. He couldn't really say.
04-19-2016, 06:32 PM   #57

I also talked to B&H today and the rep checked on the shipment tracking and said the camera would not be in by 4/21 as of today which mean 5/2 is the likely ship date. I got my BG6 today and my HD 15-30 is coming tomorrow. I will test it out on my K3. Oh well
04-19-2016, 06:46 PM   #58
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
Still, hope is the last thing that dies.... just checking my order, none of both shows "in stock" marks, i hope bundled the camera and grip dont make the camera be holded until new grips arrives
When given the option, I let retailers ship them as they get them. I've had shipment (not from B&H) take more time due to bundling before..

I wonder, with preorders, if B&H even stocks the shelves with these... or do they just pull from the pallet and straight to order completion? I suspect the whole shipment of K-1s to B&H are already spoken for so it seems a wasted trip to put them on the warehouse shelves to immediately pull them off of it for order fulfillment.
04-19-2016, 06:47 PM   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JENSEN7474 Quote
I also talked to B&H today and the rep checked on the shipment tracking and said the camera would not be in by 4/21 as of today which mean 5/2 is the likely ship date. I got my BG6 today and my HD 15-30 is coming tomorrow. I will test it out on my K3. Oh well
Thanks monochrome and JENSEN7474. I guess that is that. Best to relax. Hopefully 2 weeks+ will go by quickly!
04-19-2016, 06:51 PM   #60
Veteran Member

The status on my order changed from 'Early May' to 'On Order' so I called. The CS guy said I was que'd with the May 2 group. I was kind of curious how I got in the first ship group with such a late pre-order, so I asked how they are selling. He couldn't really say.
Interesting... I didnt notice the "On order" in my page....
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
When given the option, I let retailers ship them as they get them. I've had shipment (not from B&H) take more time due to bundling before..

I wonder, with preorders, if B&H even stocks the shelves with these... or do they just pull from the pallet and straight to order completion? I suspect the whole shipment of K-1s to B&H are already spoken for so it seems a wasted trip to put them on the warehouse shelves to immediately pull them off of it for order fulfillment.
I do prefer that option too... But as i live in Mexico i need both items in a single package, is more convenient for me to send at one direction and then forwarded from there.

Closed Thread