Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2016, 07:08 PM   #61
mee
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,258
I understand.. the less time the postal service is handling my mail the better too.

You're going for quite an upgrade.. K-30 -> K-1 wow.

04-19-2016, 08:55 PM   #62
Site Supporter
virusn3t's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 582
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I understand.. the less time the postal service is handling my mail the better too.

You're going for quite an upgrade.. K-30 -> K-1 wow.
Actually K30 > K3 > K1

My K30 suffer from the aperture lever problem, the cost involving sending to USA, then the repair cost of Prescicion, the shipping back to Mexico, Customs+Time , it was cheaper to buy the K3 when it was on sale, everything was better but regarding the sensor, i prefer the one of the K30, if i could put the sensor of the K30 on the K3 that could be my dream camera, and all that credentials are (on the paper) in the K1 and FF narrow FOV my lenses going wider and crop when reach is needed, and without the stress of the 24mpx on the lenses.... all sums up for me.

Next thing is maybe the DFA70-200 (replacing my tamron, i doubt about this 'cause my copy is ok, this is more of a whim), next replace the 28-75 (also tamron) for the DFA28-105 (wide open seems sharper than the tamron, that need to be at f4, i can trade that for little more reach, DC motor and WR), and finally if it deliver, the Irix 15mm or the Samyang if not... that fullfill my lineup, i already got 2 amigos (31 and 77) macro 100mm WR and 50mm, and the DA50 from the K3, also the Zeiss 1.4/85... thats the plan for the next 2 years.

And about the mail, my K1 will be delivered to my uncle in Houston, if BH deliver the camera before 08/5, my uncle can bring the package with them close to the 10-12 /05, if not, im going to make a trip in USA by June, i come by to say hello and retrieve the camera, way more cheaper than pay customs+taxes (about 28%, more if i must pay duties)
04-19-2016, 11:33 PM   #63
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: California
Posts: 153
I ordered my camera and the 15-30 lens through ricoh. I think i need to call them to give me an update if people are at least starting to receive their lenses.


04-20-2016, 05:03 AM   #64
Pentaxian
bobmaxja's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Laval, Quebec Canada
Posts: 1,701
For those who order for B&H and probably Adorama
SuperStore & Offices
B&H will be closed starting at 7pm EDT on Thurs April 21.
We will reopen at 10am on Sun May 1.

Online Orders
Online ordering will pause during the following holiday observance periods:
7:30pm Fri April 22 through 9pm Sun April 24
7:45pm Thurs April 28 through 9:15pm Sat April 30

Shipping
Orders placed before 4pm on Thurs April 21 will be processed prior to the holiday closing.
Orders placed after this time will be processed after we reopen on Sun May 1.

04-21-2016, 01:12 PM   #65
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,129
I just went to use the live chat to ask about my K1 order and it says live chat is now closed. Did they close a bit early?

---------- Post added 04-21-16 at 02:14 PM ----------

Looks like email is also closed for them. So much for being open until 7:00 PM.
04-21-2016, 02:01 PM   #66
Pentaxian
todd's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Basement
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,810
All I know is that this pre-order waiting game is torture! On one hand I am happy with my current gear but on the other hand I'm constantly thinking about what's coming... The first month was fine but now that the second month has passed it's time to get on with things! This is my first and hopefully last pre-order.

I wonder if anybody here had the foreskin I mean foresight two months ago to not pre-order through BH/Adorama specifically due to their timely vacations.
04-21-2016, 02:03 PM - 1 Like   #67
Site Supporter
LaurenOE's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,463
QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
I wonder if anybody here had the foreskin I mean foresight to not pre-order through BH/Adorama specifically due to their timely vacations.
Not cool.
04-21-2016, 02:04 PM   #68
Pentaxian
todd's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Basement
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,810
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Not cool.
Sorry to offend you. Seemed innocent enough to me...

04-21-2016, 02:12 PM - 1 Like   #69
Site Supporter
LaurenOE's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,463
QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Sorry to offend you. Seemed innocent enough to me...
Humor can be risky, when people understand the full innuendo.
I can explain it to people that do not understand.

Foreskin, while taken off of most western males at birth, is part of a Jewish religious celebration, and those that would still have their foreskin, would fall into very specific camps.
So to say for people to have their foreskin, and be aware of the Jewish holy days from when B&H/Adorama is closing, and not ordering because of that, presents a bias against a business because of their beliefs.

Again, people retreat into "I was just kidding" when they are called out, so as to make it seem no harm no foul.

I'm not offended, just aware of a poor joke/innuendo that is not cool being that every so often we get the same kind of comments and jokes about B&H/Adorama's religious ownership.
04-21-2016, 02:22 PM   #70
Pentaxian
todd's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Basement
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,810
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Humor can be risky, when people understand the full innuendo.
I can explain it to people that do not understand.

Foreskin, while taken off of most western males at birth, is part of a Jewish religious celebration, and those that would still have their foreskin, would fall into very specific camps.
So to say for people to have their foreskin, and be aware of the Jewish holy days from when B&H/Adorama is closing, and not ordering because of that, presents a bias against a business because of their beliefs.

Again, people retreat into "I was just kidding" when they are called out, so as to make it seem no harm no foul.

I'm not offended, just aware of a poor joke/innuendo that is not cool being that every so often we get the same kind of comments and jokes about B&H/Adorama's religious ownership.
You may not believe me, but I have no bias against the ownership. I have Jewish friends and observing Christian friends. I threw the foreskin comment in simply because when I wrote foresight it reminded me of the word foreskin and I thought it was funny (in apparently bad taste)... I might have chosen my purchasing path differently had I the foresight about this scenario, not because of their business decision to close shop, but because I'm tired of waiting. Simple as that. Probably still would have suffered through because there isn't a sure fire alternative. Maybe Amazon from a post I saw somewhere at some point, but who knows...

Last edited by todd; 04-21-2016 at 02:27 PM.
04-21-2016, 03:50 PM   #71
Junior Member




Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ocala, FL
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 33
I ordered 2/18,from Amazon, I've heard nothing since. Has anyone heard from Amazon since ordering?
04-21-2016, 06:02 PM   #72
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 94
QuoteOriginally posted by dsneedmd Quote
I ordered 2/18,from Amazon, I've heard nothing since. Has anyone heard from Amazon since ordering?
By the looks of this status I'm guessing they'll be shipping on Monday. Hopefully mine is in that initial group.
Attached Images
 
04-21-2016, 06:05 PM - 1 Like   #73
Pentaxian
Wheatfield's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The wheatfields of Canada
Posts: 10,043
QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
You may not believe me, but I have no bias against the ownership. I have Jewish friends and observing Christian friends. I threw the foreskin comment in simply because when I wrote foresight it reminded me of the word foreskin and I thought it was funny (in apparently bad taste)... I might have chosen my purchasing path differently had I the foresight about this scenario, not because of their business decision to close shop, but because I'm tired of waiting. Simple as that. Probably still would have suffered through because there isn't a sure fire alternative. Maybe Amazon from a post I saw somewhere at some point, but who knows...
People these days have their shorts on too tight. It's safer to be a dour person than have a sense of humour.
04-21-2016, 06:56 PM - 1 Like   #74
Lens Buying Addict
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,494
it is fair unusual these days for people to adhere to any orthodoxy, especially one that costs money.
04-21-2016, 07:03 PM   #75
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,129
I am disappointed that the date slipped since I had planned on having it by now and using it at the Newport Aquarium on Sunday, but I suppose I will have no choice but to wait. It is disappointing that I will get it after many others who ordered from different sources as well, but ohh well. Not much I can do at this point.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
amazon, chat, customer, date, dslr, fa, full frame, full-frame, grip, iso, k-1, k-1 usa, k1, live, pentax k-1, pentax news, pentax rumors, pentax webstore, person, pm, service, shot, source, stock
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax K-1 Delivery Date cdurfor Pentax K-1 147 05-11-2016 03:07 AM
K-1 shipping date Sweden Tjompen1968 Pentax K-1 35 04-03-2016 06:53 PM
Pentax (K-1) FF Initial Marketing Date LoneWolf Pentax Full Frame 5 11-10-2015 09:01 AM
Pentax K-S2 Now Shipping! (USA) Adam Pentax K-S1 & K-S2 2 02-28-2015 12:39 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:59 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top