Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2016, 11:31 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
I will be really disappointed if my Feb pre-order is delayed all the way until 5/4 if other pre-orders are shipping out on the 4/25. Anyway to confim Amazon's shipping date? I will cancel my B&H order and go through Amazon instead
I think if you gonna do it do it today, it can be more probably that you can get a K1, ifAmazon still have some cameras available...

For my part, i can wait one week more, that give me enough time to think about purchase the 70-200, maybe once i see samples from K1 amazon owners + this lens i make my mind and hit the order button....

04-19-2016, 08:00 AM   #32
Veteran Member

For what it's worth, I just received notice from B&H my D-BG6 Battery Grip has been shipped....lol

No word on the actual body, yet.
04-19-2016, 08:07 AM   #33

I called Adorama about my order today and they said the 5/15 date is correct for them. Contacted Amazon and they holding to the 4/25 date. Looks like I will have to cancel my Adorama order as I'd like to have the K-1 for a wedding I am attending 5/7.
04-19-2016, 08:32 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote
For what it's worth, I just received notice from B&H my D-BG6 Battery Grip has been shipped....lol

No word on the actual body, yet.
Awesome. I think the Grip will be so of high value and made with pentaxlove so it will be kinda the last fix until the dream machine will come.
Close your eyes and use your imagination
(Not even my Grip has been shipped)

04-19-2016, 09:44 AM   #35

Just checked my Amazon order and it changed today from "pre-ordered" to "delivery date pending". Not sure what that exactly means but I'll choose to interpret it as good news that at least the wheels are starting to turn toward shipping. The wait is almost too much.....
04-19-2016, 10:29 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Amarony Quote
Just checked my Amazon order and it changed today from "pre-ordered" to "delivery date pending". Not sure what that exactly means but I'll choose to interpret it as good news that at least the wheels are starting to turn toward shipping. The wait is almost too much.....
Just curious.... when did you pre-order? I just checked and mine still says "pre-ordered". Thanks.
04-19-2016, 10:31 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
While I would love my K-1 earlier, I concluded the discussion with B&H with "and have a happy Passover." In the troubled world we live in, I'm willing to put off the joy of the new K-1 for a few days, so that people can worship as they see fit. Just seems right...

C. Durfor

04-19-2016, 10:37 AM   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by cdurfor Quote
While I would love my K-1 earlier, I concluded the discussion with B&H with "and have a happy Passover." In the troubled world we live in, I'm willing to put off the joy of the new K-1 for a few days, so that people can worship as they see fit. Just seems right...

C. Durfor
May I interpret this as B&H is gonna miss the rumored 4/21 early delivery date?
Oh well
04-19-2016, 10:42 AM   #39

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Just curious.... when did you pre-order? I just checked and mine still says "pre-ordered". Thanks.
End of March, roughly the 28th I think.
04-19-2016, 10:42 AM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
FWIW, I stopped by my local dealer. He's expecting his partial order on 4/25. He's only getting 3 in the first delivery.
04-19-2016, 10:43 AM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by odyseuss Quote
May I interpret this as B&H is gonna miss the rumored 4/21 early delivery date?
Oh well
As you say, the 4/21 date is only a rumour, other sites day ~28 will be the official release date, if BH and Adorama get their shipment before the 4/20 and get green light from Ricoh to send before the contracted day, they may can send the cameras, otherwise, if shipment came after 21 maybe none of the stores recieve the cameras until 2/5 and start shipping until the 4 or 5 of the month

04-19-2016, 10:58 AM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It appears that my Pentax D-BG6 Battery Grip was sent to the warehouse for shipping.
B&H.
So I will be getting my Grip before my K1?
Interesting.

---------- Post added 04-19-16 at 01:01 PM ----------

04-19-2016, 11:24 AM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Amarony Quote
End of March, roughly the 28th I think.
Thanks. I ordered mine March 13.
04-19-2016, 12:07 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cdurfor Quote

C. Durfor
I second that!
04-19-2016, 12:37 PM   #45
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
I will be really disappointed if my Feb pre-order is delayed all the way until 5/4 if other pre-orders are shipping out on the 4/25. Anyway to confim Amazon's shipping date? I will cancel my B&H order and go through Amazon instead

Isn't Amazon charging tax, whereas B&H and Adorama aren't? If that is the case, I can hold off paying an extra $100+ to have it a week earlier.

Now for a general question. We now have a concrete K-1 release date, and all the usual retailers have adjusted to within a few days + or - on their estimated shipping dates. Why would Adorama still be holding firm to their middle of next month estimate?

Is it possible for a retailer to be "late" in putting their request in for skus from a manufacturer, and thus their receiving units would be later than the competition? Seems odd that a retailer of their size would be standing around kicking rocks while every other online and B&M camera store will (might) have stock by May 1.
Closed Thread