Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 134 Likes Search this Thread
04-23-2016, 09:46 PM   #76

Anyone receive their K1 yet? .... or tracking info? :-D

04-23-2016, 10:31 PM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K-amps Quote
Anyone receive their K1 yet? .... or tracking info? :-D
I ordered in BH i dont expect any info until May. Enough time to decide if i order the DFA*70-200.

04-24-2016, 01:46 AM   #78

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
I ordered in BH i dont expect any info until May. Enough time to decide if i order the DFA*70-200.

Were you a Feb 18 pre-order, or much later like me? (Mine = March 9th) ... but I have a good excuse... I needed to talk myself into a second system.

04-24-2016, 04:35 AM   #79
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think those of us who ordered from B&H won't hear anything until 2 May, regardless of when we ordered.

I'm expecting a surge in order information then... and just hoping that my 23 Feb. order is in that batch...

Of course, I am also holding out a sliver of hope they somehow managed to work things out with the shipper to ship stuff next week during their Passover holiday, but it's a very thin sliver...

I've got a graduation on the 13th out of town I'd like to have it for, and I'd like some time to figure it out before... I hate shooting events with brand new gear... too much to go wrong...

-Eric

04-24-2016, 05:36 AM   #80
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K-amps Quote
Were you a Feb 18 pre-order, or much later like me? (Mine = March 9th) ... but I have a good excuse... I needed to talk myself into a second system.

I order on March 02, the page on BH say "On order", then i add the grip on April 15, the grip say "order processing expedited delivery".

04-24-2016, 02:01 PM   #81

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
I order on March 02, the page on BH say "On order", then i add the grip on April 15, the grip say "order processing expedited delivery".
I preordered on Feb. 17, B&H order status still says "On Order".
I believe May 2 will be the earliest possible shipping date, if they have K-1 in stock by then.
04-24-2016, 09:38 PM   #82
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Got some news for Canadians from Ricoh reps at the McBain trade show this weekend, K-1 will start shipping from Pentax to dealers starting Monday or Tuesday. Some of us may be shooting by week's end! Certainly in the first week of May at the latest. They even informed me that the initial shipment will cover all of McBain's preorders.

Naturally, I think we can expect the USA to get their hands on some too.

04-25-2016, 12:35 AM   #83
Pentaxian

Amazon temporary out of stock
04-25-2016, 10:49 AM   #84

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
Amazon temporary out of stock
I called Amazon and they said their expected ship date is 5/2-5/17. :-/ We'll see how that goes... They did refund my 1-day shipping at least.
04-25-2016, 12:59 PM   #85

QuoteOriginally posted by lightofhonor Quote
I called Amazon and they said their expected ship date is 5/2-5/17. :-/ We'll see how that goes... They did refund my 1-day shipping at least.
I could not get any information out of Amazon. When I checked the status this morning, it showed "delivered". Now it shows out of stock with no estimated delivery. I called and was told the same

I ordered Feb 19 and thought I would be in the first batch out.
04-25-2016, 01:36 PM   #86
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by butkolrpi Quote
I ordered Feb 19 and thought I would be in the first batch out.
What makes you think you won't be?
04-25-2016, 01:43 PM   #87
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I ordered April 16 and I think I'll be in the first batch - or I won't get it until August. I can't tell which it is since every Pending pre-order apparently says, "On Order."
04-25-2016, 02:29 PM   #88

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
What makes you think you won't be?
The first person I text chatted with told me they had stock and ran out. She suggested that I cancel and reorder (might have been an attempt at humor or sarcasm). I rated the interaction an "not helpful" and was called back by someone else at Amazon.

The second customer service person did not think anything was shipped yet but could not confirm. She said I would hear back from them in 3 days.

I am curious if anyone here has their camera in the mail. If so, I am probably in the 2nd wave.

Or I will just get it in August with everyone else
04-25-2016, 02:39 PM   #89

Photos: Gallery
I was asked to renew my order of 2/18 this AM. After doing so I got this response:
Thanks for approving the delay in your order #XXXX.

We appreciate your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience. Please note that we don't charge you for an item until we're ready to ship it. On the day we ship your order, we'll send you an e-mail message confirming its contents and the shipping method.

I expect them to ship this wk.
04-25-2016, 02:53 PM   #90
Administrator
Site Webmaster

So it sounds like the camera isn't in yet. I'd advise against cancelling orders, as you'll lose your spot in line. Better to keep your original order until either it ships, or you find the camera in stock elsewhere.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
Closed Thread