Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 134 Likes Search this Thread
04-28-2016, 11:57 AM - 1 Like   #196
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
I said I thought it was a poor decision on Ricoh's part. Would it be a better decision to release the camera when MORE customers can access it on the release date? I certainly think so.
Considering the scale of the launch I think even considering the vacation schedule of a couple of stores in one market would be so trivial as to not be on the list of decision factors. It cannot be a 'poor decision' if they simply did not consider it a factor. And what if they did? They then have to consider the vacation schedules of all stores around the world, plus holidays and weekends and so on. Sorry that simply does not work. You pick a day and go with it. Calling out Ricoh for a "Poor decision" because you didn't get your camera before someone else does indeed seem like "an arrogant and myopic American stereotype".

They cannot consider everyone, they don't even know 'everyone' that's the job of the regional distributors. And in any case something else is going on in the US as no store has stock as yet, so whether Adorama and B&H are open or closed is a mute point. They would not be shipping anyway.

04-28-2016, 12:27 PM   #197

QuoteOriginally posted by Fcsnt54 Quote
Well just talked to ricoh. I guess they plan on getting it sometime by next week, so im guessing should arrive by the second week. Definitely cutting it very close for me.
I had high hopes for Ricoh USA when I heard from another thread (Link) that "they would be shipping sooner then expected", and their website still says "Preorder for April Delivery"...oh well...
04-28-2016, 12:28 PM - 1 Like   #198

QuoteOriginally posted by MattCard Quote
a store in Mtl says 30 also on their web site, but another one told me 9 of may...
Are you referring to Photo Service in old mtl ? I just called them to confirm what they have on their site (they have written april 30th on their site!) and the lady told me "we have no idea when we're getting it" so it really seems up in the air! Let me know if you find it in Montreal or Laval! I will come post as well if i find it.
04-28-2016, 12:30 PM   #199
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fcsnt54 Quote
Well just talked to ricoh. I guess they plan on getting it sometime by next week, so im guessing should arrive by the second week. Definitely cutting it very close for me.
That's cryptic.

Can you give us a little more detail?

Last edited by monochrome; 04-28-2016 at 01:31 PM.
04-28-2016, 12:34 PM   #200
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Ricoh's Webstore is a Dealer the same as any other Dealer, except that it intentionally doesn't compete with Ricoh's independent Dealers.
Except it does, in my opinion. Well, it tries to at least, though there's not much going for at at the moment compared to current established dealers.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-28-2016, 12:38 PM   #201
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Considering the scale of the launch I think even considering the vacation schedule of a couple of stores in one market would be so trivial as to not be on the list of decision factors. It cannot be a 'poor decision' if they simply did not consider it a factor. And what if they did? They then have to cconsider the vacation schedules of all stores around the world, plus holidays and weekends and so on. Sorry that simply does not work. You pick a day and go with it.

The first part of your statement is completely logical. Though I'd like them to consider everybody, not may not be possible.

This on the other hand...

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Calling out Ricoh for a "Poor decision" because you didn't get your camera before someone else does indeed seem like "an arrogant and myopic American stereotype".

My statement has nothing to do with me wanting something before others. It has nothing to do with me. I think companies should try to consider everyone/make the most amount of customers happy. Not much to read into there.

Moving on...
04-28-2016, 12:43 PM   #202

Also just spoke with Lozeau in Montreal who told me approximately 2 weeks. Lame.

04-28-2016, 12:48 PM   #203
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My statement has nothing to do with me wanting something before others. It has nothing to do with me. I think companies should try to consider everyone/make the most amount of customers happy. Not much to read into there.
Ok, I agree companies should make the most amount of customers happy. And my response might have been a bit snippish, so sorry about that. And yes, let's just move on. I'm not real happy to not be getting my K-1 either. And from recent reports it might be a couple weeks more in the US. Which is strange but that's what I'm hearing.
04-28-2016, 12:49 PM   #204
Veteran Member

.... I think companies should try to consider everyone/make the most amount of customers happy. Not much to read into there....
Maybe they do, maybe Asia and North Europe are their biggest market and the distribution start there, then all Europe and America next couple of weeks.

04-28-2016, 12:50 PM   #205
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
That's cryptic.

Can you give us a little more detail?

I dont have too much information. First talked to a guy at ricoh and he said nobody in the us has received an order yet, including amazon. He said the shipping route is most likely going up to the alaska route and then traveling south(took that as the ship is offloading some in canada first) He then sent me over to shopatron( company that has my preorder request).

I was talking to that company to get more information. That person said there is nothing in the warehouse yet, but are sure it will arrive by next week. As far as when they arent sure. From the sounds of it, it will be later in the week although they are hoping at the beginning of the week. So as far as arrival, im assuming the second week presuming it arrives next week at the warehouses. The rest is up to interpretation, surprises, and guesstimations.

This at leasts helps to have some sort of update. Until next week...
04-28-2016, 12:54 PM   #206
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It's just a camera for goodness sakes and we don't even know if it will live up to all its hype. Three days until B&H and Adorama reopen. Get out and go take pictures people. The camera doesn't make great photographs you (potentially) do. If you are out taking pictures with your perfectly capable cameras the time will pass more quickly.
04-28-2016, 12:56 PM   #207
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I also just heard from a contact at Ricoh and they said no US dealers have received stock yet. Shipping (to dealers) has begun and dealers should have stock within 'a couple weeks', depending on shipping time.
04-28-2016, 01:33 PM   #208
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Except it does, in my opinion. Well, it tries to at least, though there's not much going for at at the moment compared to current established dealers.
IMO, if they intend to compete they don't seem to do a very good job of it.
04-28-2016, 01:35 PM   #209

It appears that K-1 has arrived in Canada (Link).
The US would be the next?
04-28-2016, 01:36 PM   #210
Veteran Member

Camera are not ship by boat on first release but by air.
Closed Thread